Proposal: CJB/BUF

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dahlin has been underwhelming. By far the worst +/- player in the entire league. I for one question his generational defenseman status now.
Eichel had an off year plus he’s dealing with injuries.
At this moment, I don’t feel comfortable giving away our best defenseman (who is RFA), our best young player and our entire future prospect pool for those two guys.
Why are you so ignorant? Dahlin looked great after Krueger was fired, scores points in almost every game, plays great offensively and well defense, plays 23-24 minutes a night, plays physically. This is a terrible deal for Buffalo. You look like Homer.

Last edited:

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Another silly trade 'rumour" Buffalo would have no interest in trading Dahlin and CBJ wouldn't be interested in trading 4 1st round picks......deal doesn't work for anyone involved

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
To Columbus: Eichel, Dahlin
To Buffalo: Werenski, Texier, Merzlikins, 3x 1st round pick 2021, 1st round pick 2022

Honestly, even with Laine, it's a no for me. Werenski is a fantastic player, and overall has a more polished well rounded game, but it's such a monumental fall from Eichel to Texier. So, for that reason it's an easy no.

This is too much from Columbus

It's not the right mix of value anyways.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Honestly, even with Laine, it's a no for me. Werenski is a fantastic player, and overall has a more polished well rounded game, but it's such a monumental fall from Eichel to Texier. So, for that reason it's an easy no.

It's not the right mix of value anyways.
Well put...I can see a deal being made, but how it works, I have no idea...it sets Buffalo back again a bit, I'm sure but I'm not trying to construct it

The OP are players we need to keep togas well...

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Eichel

Lower of the 2021 1st between Leafs & TBL
CBJ 2022 1st
Domi or Texier or Roslovic
Merzlinkins or Korpisalo
Foudy
The center piece on CBJ's end is "non-existent".
A bigger piece than "a couple 1st" in an "unknown draft" isn't going to work unless they're both guaranteed top 5.

I'm sure the teams have the pieces to get a deal done (value wise) not sure if there's one that make sense tho.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Eichel

Lower of the 2021 1st between Leafs & TBL
CBJ 2022 1st
Domi or Texier or Roslovic
Merzlinkins or Korpisalo
Foudy

I think you'd have to include the top ten 2021 1st. Then it's close.

I'd go

Eichel

for

CBJ top 1st 2021
late 1st 2021
CBJ 1st 2022
Domi
Elvis
Jenner

I put Jenner in there because I think Buffalo will be searching for leaders to reshape the culture there. Domi can be a star forward at times in front of a big crowd, Elvis can be a legit star goalie too, he's better than Korpisalo. All three are pending UFA but they'll either find a long term fit in Buffalo or worse case be moved at the following deadline for big returns. Buffalo could legit end up with 6 1sts out of this, though they prefer to get some roster stability and I think most likely they will get that.

Reactions: CBJx614

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
There isn't a single high end piece in that deal. Bunch of picks that will likely be mid to low firsts and a whole lot of meh roster players. Terrible.
You are free to think that. Roslovic on pace for 64 points in 82 GP. Same age as Eichel. Look at the last 5 years draft picks 12-20. Really good players can be found there. Also picks can be traded to move up/down. Appreciate the ‘discussion’ though.

Last edited:

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
You are free to think that. Roslovic on pace for 64 points in 82 GP. Same age as Eichel. Look at the last 5 years draft picks 12-20. Really good players can be found there. Also picks can be traded to move up/down. Appreciate the ‘discussion’ though.
He also had 29 and 24 points in his last 2 seasons. He's far from an established top 6 player. I'm not trying to crap on the Jackets they do have some really nice pieces, but their highest value pieces don't line up with Buffalo's needs in any potential Eichel deal.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He also had 29 and 24 points in his last 2 seasons. He's far from an established top 6 player. I'm not trying to crap on the Jackets they do have some really nice pieces, but their highest value pieces don't line up with Buffalo's needs in any potential Eichel deal.
Keep in mind those two previous seasons he was buried on a super deep offense. And given the chance to take a bigger role he is flourishing. Small sample size, but the skill is absolutely there.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Keep in mind those two previous seasons he was buried on a super deep offense. And given the chance to take a bigger role he is flourishing. Small sample size, but the skill is absolutely there.
Fine. Not getting you Eichel.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I’m not sure what’s going on here but I don’t like any of it. I also wonder the last time a player returned four 1sts.

I would probably rather go after Reinhart. Surely his value is more reasonable.

Reactions: cslebn

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I’m not sure what’s going on here but I don’t like any of it. I also wonder the last time a player returned four 1sts.

Looking for reason in an Eichel thread...

You lost?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

When is the last time a player at Eichel's level got moved? I don't think 4 1sts for him is unreasonable.

Reactions: Dumais

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'm rooting for Roslovic to succeed in Columbus, and I'm glad his game seems to have taken the next step there. With that said if he's the centerpiece in an offer for Eichel that's a pretty weak offer.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad