Rumor: Chychrun has Soured on Ottawa, Unlikely to Extend

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Ottawa is such a meh city to live in. Especially if you're a young millionaire and from Florida. I didn't expect this relationship to last long but this is shorter than expected. Hopefully the sens can get some decent assets back. But i don't blame him at all. Spent two years working in Ottawa on a contract and I could never bring myself to go back there to live long term.
“The city that fun forgot” is very accurate unfortunately. Zero partying culture and a large percentage of the population are civil servants that make being a government worker their entire personality.

Great place to raise a family and if you’re into outdoor recreation it’s solid, but as a young millionaire there isn’t a worse NHL city and that includes Winnipeg.

So if someone was going to give you 6ish million a year to live their you would turn it down?
Yes because I could be making 6ish million with less taxes and live in Florida.

Reactions: Burkeocet

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
For all we know, they asked, but that doesn't even matter.

It was the Senators responsibility to know about the NTC and abide by the clauses within the contract. If they didn't, that fault was on their side, 100%. It wasn't Vegas' responsibility to go and check a fan site to see if their information aligned with the information they were getting from the team they are trading with.

How ridiculous does this sound?

GM - "Hey Assistant GM, we've got this trade almost done with the "insert team name", can you go check CapFriendly to make sure that this organization with people employed to be experts on the contracts they have with their players, and who is responsible for disclosing the deals of their contracts, isn't making a mistake here?"

The thought that a team should HAVE to check CapFriendly to double check the information they are getting from another team is purely ludicrous.
If you would have read my original post, I said they had a year and a half to check before Vegas tried to trade him, to check his status, which takes 2 minutes.

Never mentioned Ottawa trading him to Vegas.

As a result of these shenanigans, NHL is changing their policy, and will now have a database, was a joke NHL never knew who had NTC’s.

Here is my post
And Vegas had one and half years to look at capfriendly, to see if he had one, yet still tried to trade him.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Sounds like Brady may add to the mayhem for the sens this off season
Because he said it’s frustrating that they missed the playoffs?

A few months ago Ryan Whitney said an anonymous player texted him that Brady is next to go but that’s all I’ve seen.

Reactions: bert

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
welcome to Florida, Brady!
Then Whitney followed it up with they are trade rumour kings, and make things up.

Vegas obviously knew he had a NTC, but was falsely told the player failed to submit it.
That’s the point, if Vegas knew, why did they try and trade him.
Agree they must of known after a year and a half, on something that takes 2 minutes to check.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
He and Chabot were not stabilizing influences back there considering their salaries, experience and ice time.
Chabot wasn't horrible, but not great. Injuries playing factor, he miss nearly half the season. Getting back into game shape every time is tough. AND I'm the last to ever make excuses for Chabot, personally I think he sucks and overpaid (So I will agree there lol)

I think if Chychrun plays on his side of the ice and has a decent partner, he's definitely better than Chabot.

Reactions: Guttersniped

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
“The city that fun forgot” is very accurate unfortunately. Zero partying culture and a large percentage of the population are civil servants that make being a government worker their entire personality.

Great place to raise a family and if you’re into outdoor recreation it’s solid, but as a young millionaire there isn’t a worse NHL city and that includes Winnipeg.

Yes because I could be making 6ish million with less taxes and live in Florida.
do you have his skill to be able to pick your work place?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
If they do have to trade him, what the expected return? Will this be a Debrincat situation where they get no where close what they gave up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad