Confirmed with Link: Christian Fischer not qualified, (signs with DET, 1x$1.125M)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Top players are not easily available in trades IMO, regardless of position. The very best tend to stay in one city until the latter stages of their career.

Now, I would have taken Michkov and have let it be an arranged marriage hoping that we’d learn to love each other.
Depends on how big of a dick he was during the meeting.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sounds like's gone.

Keller Hayton Schmaltz
Maccelli 2C Guenther
Crouse McBain Boyd
Carcone Jenik 4RW

Got some holes to fill. Can potentially shift Boyd to 2C and then need to fill 3RW. Only other Tucson guy I could see in the mix is Nate Smith.

• Love
Reactions: moosemeister

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don’t think top D are easily available in trades. C’s as well. That’s why they go high in the draft. Which C are u upset we missed out w But pick?
Hell, I don't know. You know I don't watch these kids except maybe a few clips. Yager? Moore? But could very well be a steal who knows.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Don't feel strongly about this either way -- Fischer's well liked in the locker room but 26 years old and doesn't seem like much offensive upside. Also he's not small, but doesn't play that physically -- my lasting memory of him will be in that Colorado series where during a break Nathan MacKinnon threw him around as if he weighed about as much as a loaf of bread (fwiw Fischer is a few inches taller and listed as ~15 pounds heavier than MacK).

Anyway if this allows for an additional potential roster spot for one of our prospects (who will inarguably have higher upside), then maybe not the worst idea to let him walk

More Cooley

We walk together forever
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2015
Signed with Detroit, 1x1,25.

Edit: 1,125?

Last edited:

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping

Kind of sad to see him go and it will be strange seeing him in a red wings jersey. That said, I won't miss him.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Edit: 1,125?

Wow. I wonder what we were prepared to offer? If anything.

I think Keller is now our longest serving Coyote.

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
Fish was very promising prospect, but his development went no so good. That happens when the coach is your partner for cards game.

Reactions: Mosby and rt

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Wings just waived Zadina. If we pick up Zadina we can pretend it's like trading Fischer for Zadina... which is a trade I would've definitely done.

Zadina cap hit 1.825m through 2025 ie next two seasons. Wonder if it's worth giving him a shot here in the desert

Reactions: 0point1 and ck26

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Wings just waived Zadina. If we pick up Zadina we can pretend it's like trading Fischer for Zadina... which is a trade I would've definitely done.

Zadina cap hit 1.825m through 2025 ie next two seasons. Wonder if it's worth giving him a shot here in the desert
When you phrase it "a 23 year old scoring winger who people think slid when he was drafted 6th overall" then abso-damn-lutely.

When you phrase it "a scoring winger who has 50 points in the last 153 games" then that looks like $3.65m that would be better spent bribing politicians somewhere to get a rink built.

Reactions: PainForShane

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
When you phrase it "a 23 year old scoring winger who people think slid when he was drafted 6th overall" then abso-damn-lutely.

When you phrase it "a scoring winger who has 50 points in the last 153 games" then that looks like $3.65m that would be better spent bribing politicians somewhere to get a rink built.

I mean, clearly the 3.65m would have been better off bribing somebody to get the rink built in Tempe.

I wonder if instead of bribing politicians they could've just bribed random ppl living in Tempe. Is that legal? In other words instead as part of their canvassing just be like, "not only is this good for the community, we'll also give you $750 and a Coyotes duffel bag if you vote for us and can provide proof you did" (ie picture of their ballot or something)

We lost the vote count by 4000-5000 votes so it would've cost around 3.65m, assuming you found only people that wouldn't have voted otherwise. Not 100% realistic but neither is this Duffel Bag Plan. Seriously though how did we F this up so badly

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Throw out Zadina’s sixth overall status. Does your interest level change?

Yes, of course -- I mean, the main reason he might be worth a chance is he's 23 years old, just coming off a poor year (potentially due to injury), and not too long ago was a borderline elite prospect. Coming in here you'd think he'd have something to prove, and if he ended up getting better this wouldn't be the first career AT's turned around.

Without that 6th overall status? Not worth it -- I'd easily pass, we have enough good prospects. But the fact that fairly recently he was a top prospect is probably his best selling point, you can't just throw that fact out and pretend it doesn't exist. I mean you can, but not sure it makes to do that here

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Throw out Zadina’s sixth overall status. Does your interest level change?
My brain says we don’t need him and shouldn’t claim him. But I’d still be excited if we did. Partially because of residual draft hype, but also because I just really like the kid. He’s really likable. His WJC performance was great. He had so much confidence. Very funny kid. Really easy to cheer for. And he works hard on the ice.

I think he’s lost his offensive confidence or isn’t doing what he needs to do offensively to be effective. But he’s working. Offensively and defensively I’ve noticed that. It feels like he’s just on the verge of making a change and suddenly making an impact.

But he wouldn’t be the first to feel that way and it doesn’t happen. Galchenyuk is exactly like that. He’s a lot like Galchenyuk. I also love Galchenyuk and can’t help but be excited every time we bring him back. Haha.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Five years since his draft. That’s a lifetime in prospects. Plus I don’t see where he fits on our roster and he’s too expensive for Tucson.

Reactions: TheLegend

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Unclaimed.

Another killer is that Zadina is owed almost 3 million in 2024-25. Another bad contract by Yzerman.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Unclaimed.

Another killer is that Zadina is owed almost 3 million in 2024-25. Another bad contract by Yzerman.

Yup, he cleared. Surprised but not shocked.

Read a bit about the situation in the last day or so -- apparently his agent asked for (and got) too much money for him, then went to Yzerman and essentially demanded a trade, Yzerman apparently tried to move him and found no takers. Now, in the name of 'trying to give the kid an opportunity to play,' he gets waived / goes unclaimed at least partly because of that cap hit and the real dollars he's owed next year and the year after (about 4.6m in real dollars total across both years).

According to Wings fans, consensus is he's just not good enough to crack the roster (not a bottom 6 skillset) and most are ok to call him a bust and turn the page at this point. As a group, we like Fischer a LOT more than they like Zadina.

Humbling experience for Zadina for sure. Curious to see whether he's able to come back from this / put together any sort of meaningful NHL career

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad