Confirmed with Link: Christian Fischer not qualified, (signs with DET, 1x$1.125M)

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
When I try to pencil him into the lineup, always had a problem with the fit. Rather try to sign Julien Gauthier.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I wouldn’t take him for free. Among the worst contracts in the league.
We aren’t even at the cap floor, and he’s a hell of a player. I think he didn’t like CGY or Sutter as coach. Would be a pretty good fit I think, if they were ok paying him…they definitely have the room.

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
Fischer is a great clubhouse guy (by all appearances), had 27 pts for 4th liner more than decent. Dont really get this, not like he was going to be costly and he would be good trade bait, but really team fortunes are changed with or without him. My biggest concern is optics and the message to the rest.
As for Crotty he was taking spot for younger prospect and Tendeck thought he'd be G2 in tucson but guess they think Thorton is ready?

I'm really going to miss watching Fischer skate up and down the ice, and do absolutely nothing.
27 pts to be on same line as kassian & Obrien is not bad. I won't miss fish but hope the clubhouse isnt affected negatively, he seemed like good teammate.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I hope they resign him. I think he's one of the reasons why the Coyotes weren't a Chicago-level tire fire last season.

But maybe Armstrong wants to change the culture and one way to do that conclusively is get rid of a guy who seems like a mainstay.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I hope they resign him. I think he's one of the reasons why the Coyotes weren't a Chicago-level tire fire last season.

But maybe Armstrong wants to change the culture and one way to do that conclusively is get rid of a guy who seems like a mainstay.
Fisch also played the class clown role.......maybe BA/Bear want contributing players not mascots. That said I really liked Fisch....class act and hopefully he finds a home.

Reactions: Prarievarg

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Since Crotty re-signed so quickly I think this was a move to avoid the arbitration.

Fisch would probably have the most leverage of any of the arbitration RFAs if they went that route and we’re still in a bit of a tight budget squeeze.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Looking at the past few years, I'd guess the tops he'd get in arbitration is somewhere around $1.5m.
And that's $500k too much for what Fish brings.
Somewhere, loyalty to and from the organization is part of a winning teams equation.
407 games, 112 points. We know exactly what Fish is. The whole league knows what he is. I'm betting he signs somewhere for less than $1.125m. I wouldn't mind if it's here. But I won't lose sleep if it's not here.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I think they resign him - just not at the qualifying offer pay-hike. He’s more valuable to the Yotes than he is to any other teams.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Morgan and Peters were on the PHNX podcast not three hours ago saying they should keep him for the same reasons everyone here

Would imagine they’re both bummed about this as well.
We are talking about Fischer here guys. He had a bit of a rebound year but still is a fourth liner.

Reactions: PainForShane

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Morgan and Peters were on the PHNX podcast not three hours ago saying they should keep him for the same reasons everyone here

Would imagine they’re both bummed about this as well.
Morgan and Peters. There's a duo for ya.

I think they resign him - just not at the qualifying offer pay-hike. He’s more valuable to the Yotes than he is to any other teams.
I hope not. He's a great guy, good in the room and all but time to move on. Besides, we have that big Russian coming.

Reactions: SniperHF

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
He's a great guy, good in the room and all but time to move on. Besides, we have that big Russian coming.
We have more than one Russian coming, and I bet we find more next draft, and that's perfectly fine with me.
I agree with it's time to move on. This franchise is moving forward.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
After reading Craig’s new article on free agency and the previous one on Fisch I’m getting the feeling Fischer wants more term than the Coyotes are willing to give up.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Morgan and Peters. There's a duo for ya.

I hope not. He's a great guy, good in the room and all but time to move on. Besides, we have that big Russian coming.

We have more than one Russian coming, and I bet we find more next draft, and that's perfectly fine with me.
I agree with it's time to move on. This franchise is moving forward.

That “big Russian” ain’t coming for at least two years.

We’re sitting on 33 contracts right now.
And…. We’re going to need at least 65-70 bodies by pre-season to deal with a three headed monster that stretches over half the globe on one day.

So go figure. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad