Player Discussion Christian Dvorak Part 2

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I thought Heart And Soul guys like Gallagher were meant to show leadership and help integrate players?

Reactions: amethyst

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Every time the camera shows his face, he either looks like someone just told him his dog died or he took a bite out of a lemon. His body language screams “I want out.” It’s too bad, has all the tools to be a solid third line center with a decent scoring touch. He just doesn’t want to do it for Montreal.
I don't think so. Look up Dvorak smile. He smiled after like his first goal. Kind of when he was drafted.

That's literally it.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I mean: what’s the point of celebrating Gallagher’s alleged leadership or Eddy’s or wanting Suzuki as captain if they can’t manage to integrate Dvorak into the squad after 60 games. That’s the bare minimum. Dvorak looks miserable out there.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I mean: what’s the point of celebrating Gallagher’s alleged leadership or Eddy’s or wanting Suzuki as captain if they can’t manage to integrate Dvorak into the squad after 60 games. That’s the bare minimum. Dvorak looks miserable out there.
And how can you say that Dvorak is not integrate ? Because he don't celebrate his goal ?

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Go back and watch Coyotes goals, its the exact same there as well

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I thought Heart And Soul guys like Gallagher were meant to show leadership and help integrate players?
If you are familiar with the farm business, we would know that Gallagher makes electric fences for cows, and other animals. So if Dvorak is a beef in the asiatic horoscope, it's sure he will never fit with Gallagher, the horosope says it, we have to take note of this.

Attachments

• gallagher electric.jpg
    gallagher electric.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1
  • gallagher fence.jpg
    gallagher fence.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: ReHabs

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He has been playing better lately, encouraging. Armia has been playing much better as well. Those guys were clearly underperforming before MSL.
In my opinion they are all part of the bad contracts we have to clear out some day. Some are worse bad contracts I agree but eventually Habs should have none of bad contracts at all. It might be done between 2024 to 2026.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
And how can you say that Dvorak is not integrate ? Because he don't celebrate his goal ?
I think his lack of presence, lack of enthusiasm, and his mediocre production/performance are indicators that he hasn't integrated. I could be totally wrong, of course - but if he's traded away, we'll likely hear some of the gossip.

He's production hasn't improved and his sh% is right at his career avg. If this is all he is then the Habs made a terrible decision with that that trade, big time
Go back and watch Coyotes goals, its the exact same there as well
I'll take your word for it. Maybe he's just got resting misery face.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
In my opinion they are all part of the bad contracts we have to clear out some day. Some are worse bad contracts I agree but eventually Habs should have none of bad contracts at all. It might be done between 2024 to 2026.
I think Armia at 3.5M/yr and Dvorak at 4.5M/yr could both turn out to be good contracts easily tradable. Armia is more of a follower than a leader, but when the guy is on, he is a puck possession beast and does alot of good things, rumors were that he was coveted at the last deadline, but Hughes probably didnt want to lower Lehkonen's value in making another of his fowards available.

Dvorak only needs to keep playing like he has been lately to become a valuable asset for us. I agree that you move both them in due time to stockpile the high picks and quality young players, but I wouldnt qualify those contracts as bad, I expect both to attract some attention and gain real value.

Hoffman is a bad contract though. Gallagher as well, unless he starts scoring 20+ goals again, what is still a possibility.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I think Armia at 3.5M/yr and Dvorak at 4.5M/yr could both turn out to be good contracts easily tradable. Armia is more of a follower than a leader, but when the guy is on, he is a puck possession beast and does alot of good things, rumors were that he was coveted at the last deadline, but Hughes probably didnt want to lower Lehkonen's value in making another of his fowards available.

Dvorak only needs to keep playing like he has been lately to become a valuable asset for us. I agree that you move both them in due time to stockpile the high picks and quality young players, but I wouldnt qualify those contracts as bad, I expect both to attract some attention and gain real value.

Hoffman is a bad contract though. Gallagher as well, unless he starts scoring 20+ goals again, what is still a possibility.
Yeah, I worry about Gallagher's and Hoffman's trade value. Both are guys who need to score, which is not out of the realm of possibility, but I was surprised at Hoffman's age. He is no spring chicken!

Reactions: Goldenhands

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Given his age, he's a guy who fits in with the team going forward. He can slot in as our 2C for now, then hopefully a younger guy can push him to the third role in the future (perhaps Wright or Cooley) to give us strong depth along with Evans/Poehling as our 4th C.

We don't have much depth at C in our prospect pool and a guy like Evans is hard to trust given he puts himself in a lot of vulnerable positions leading to injuries. Given our lack of depth at C, I would say it would take a very big overpayment to move Dvorak any time soon.

Reactions: Redux91

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Dvorak is doing better since his injury leave. I don't think we should expect more than 40-45 pts a year for him. But if he is playing solide defensively, i have no problem with his actual contract. Off course, we will need a true 2nd line center with better offense to support Suzuki's line.

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Still feel Dvorak is too slow for the style of play Hughes and St-Louis will try to implement but there's no need to rush a trade if we don't get enough value back. Wouldn't be surprise if he's trade in the offseason though.

Reactions: donghabs98

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
40-45 pts, faceoff prowess and pk play is worth 4,5 M$ for sure

He's responsible with the puck

But, I still question whether he can be good defensively, given his lack of foot speed could leave him often behind the play.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He has been playing better lately, encouraging. Armia has been playing much better as well. Those guys were clearly underperforming before MSL.

Our fan base is typically guilty of dwelling at both ends. When times are good and when times are bad. These players have good track records and lets not fall for the rollercoaster of up/downs.

Now with Drouin and Hoffman, that's a different story. Soft turnover kings that need great centers for them to put up points.

Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad