Player Discussion Christian Dvorak Part 2

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I was wrong about the guy. Disappointed for sure. Just seems so disinterested. Looks like he wants to be on the first plane back to a US market

Reactions: 1909

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really think that Dvorak can be a solid player with a winning team. 37 points on pace in 82 games this year, isn't that bad. We need to keep some players too, Anderson is a no-brainer, but i would keep Dvorak too for the depth at C. If we can grab Wright/Cooley/Savoie at draft, we are going to be in a pretty good shape at C for the future...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Dvorak is similar to Armia in that he seems to do a lot less than he is capable of. I don't understand the mentality of these types of players, good size, good hands and shot but choose to mail it in on most nights.

Reactions: Runner77

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Dvorak is similar to Armia in that he seems to do a lot less than he is capable of. I don't understand the mentality of these types of players, good size, good hands and shot but choose to mail it in on most nights.

Good post and I'd add another to that duo as well. A certain someone who played on a line with those two and is known for his raw talent that doesn't translate.

Reactions: OldCraig71

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Dvorak play well now. Next year, if he continue like that, we are going to be able to get a 1st... if not... he can be a perfect 3C (if we draft Wright, Savoie or Cooley).

Suzuki.
Wright/Savoie/Cooley.
Dvorak.
Evans.

It's a great center depth and in the future, that would be pretty good if Suzuki and Wright, Cooley or Savoie reach their full potential.

Reactions: aresknights

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
He's on pace for 17 goals and 40 points on this God awful team. Let's say when the team is better he gets that up to 18 goals 45 points that's a very good 3C. Not what we expected but not a bad player. His contract is fair for that as well.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He's on pace for 17 goals and 40 points on this God awful team. Let's say when the team is better he gets that up to 18 goals 45 points that's a very good 3C. Not what we expected but not a bad player. His contract is fair for that as well.
I'm mostly disappointed with his defensive play. He was the worst on the team for a while.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Dvorak play well now. Next year, if he continue like that, we are going to be able to get a 1st... if not... he can be a perfect 3C (if we draft Wright, Savoie or Cooley).

Suzuki.
Wright/Savoie/Cooley.
Dvorak.
Evans.

It's a great center depth and in the future, that would be pretty good if Suzuki and Wright, Cooley or Savoie reach their full potential.

Hard for me to think of someone as slow and thus constantly behind the play as the perfect 3c.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He's drifting into Lehkonen, Byron, Armia territory. Overall mediocre, though is pretty good at one or two things.

He's not good enough offensively to be a top 6 C. But is he fast enough to be effective as a shutdown C against the opposition's top lines? I don't think so. On a good team he may be a 3rd line winger, plus good net front presence on the pp.
He's not even good as a shutdown C. I watched him enough and I have in memory Danault and Plekanec. He's too slow and he doesn't take the good decisions. The passes goes around him and the other teams makes plays and they score.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's not even good as a shutdown C. I watched him enough and I have in memory Danault and Plekanec. He's too slow and he doesn't take the good decisions. The passes goes around him and the other teams makes plays and they score.

I wonder how he would do on the wing. He's just too slow at C. I think he'd be pretty good along the wall.

Let's hope Poehling can emerge as a C. Would be great if Hughes can find a top 6 C though as a 1-2 punch with Suzuki. Finding a 3c isn't the hardest thing to do.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I wonder how he would do on the wing. He's just too slow at C. I think he'd be pretty good along the wall.

Let's hope Poehling can emerge as a C. Would be great if Hughes can find a top 6 C though as a 1-2 punch with Suzuki. Finding a 3c isn't the hardest thing to do.
Yah, I like that combo better. Poehling at center and Dvorak at wing. Poehling is emerging slowly but surely. Surely it's something that could work. Don't mistake me, I didn't called you Shirley.

Reactions: Marc BergeFan

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
New team and losing situation, don't help, still on pace 38 points in 82 games and he is really good at faceoffs.

I want to see more plays like that:

25 years old, he can be better next year for sure... the fact the pick is protected is the best news in this trade and i still believe that Dvorak can be a really good player, be patient.

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
New team and losing situation, don't help, still on pace 38 points in 82 games and he is really good at faceoffs.

25 years old, he can be better next year for sure... the fact the pick is protected is the best news in this trade and i still believe that Dvorak can be a really good player, be patient.

Damn he looks so much happier/high energy here. Never seen him like that on Montreal

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

It's just been a tough year for everyone. I know every team is dealing with roster shuffling this year, but Montreal is still doing that on an extraordinary level.

Joining a new team, and trying to find your place can be hard enough, then you tack on multiple injuries, and ever changing linemates, then I can understand how it could be difficult to find traction.

I'm giving him a mulligan for this season. Let's see what happens next year.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I don't think anybody can be properly evaluated with this coach. When Hughes came in it seemed like the team played a couple of decent games to show him '"hey look we can play" but then they reverted back to their obvious contempt for the coach and his system, not saying the players are right but what can you do with 41 games left, something has to give. I don't think a simmering losing culture is going to help you with the players and prospects you want to keep for next season. :deadhorse

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
So don't look now but Dvorak is on a 4 game point streak and has 8 in 11 which is a 59 point pace and 15 points in his last 24 games which is a 51 point pace.

He's a guy we will need to keep our eye on down the stretch, is he just on a little hot streak, or did he have difficulty adjusting and this actual normal is that 50 point second line center we thought we were getting.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
So don't look now but Dvorak is on a 4 game point streak and has 8 in 11 which is a 59 point pace and 15 points in his last 24 games which is a 51 point pace.

He's a guy we will need to keep our eye on down the stretch, is he just on a little hot streak, or did he have difficulty adjusting and this actual normal is that 50 point second line center we thought we were getting.
The problem with pace stats , it's that they never keep that pace.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Best case... he stays healthy, gives us 1-2 more seasons of decent spot-filling 2C play, and remains productive enough that Hughes can flip him in 23-24 season or '24 offseason for a quality return.

His compete level isn't high enough to be a quality 2C option on a playoff focused team (unless he were riding shotgun to an elite, play driving winger), and he's too pricey to be a bottom 6C.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
His mentality doesn’t bother me as much as the mentality and competence of our pro scouts who evaluated him and recommended him to our prior management.

I imagine that their recommendation must have been particularly favorable since the prior GM, who had never traded a 1st round pick in a 9-year tenure, was swayed to do so as the main outgoing piece.

What should be of particular concern is not the symptom that is Dvorak but the cause.

Those pro scouts are still on staff.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Every time the camera shows his face, he either looks like someone just told him his dog died or he took a bite out of a lemon. His body language screams “I want out.” It’s too bad, has all the tools to be a solid third line center with a decent scoring touch. He just doesn’t want to do it for Montreal.

Reactions: BLONG7

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Every time the camera shows his face, he either looks like someone just told him his dog died or he took a bite out of a lemon. His body language screams “I want out.” It’s too bad, has all the tools to be a solid third line center with a decent scoring touch. He just doesn’t want to do it for Montreal.
No, he just looks like that. That's his face. No worries.

Reactions: Natey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad