Player Discussion Christian Dvorak Part 2

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
White is washed up for sure... Dvorak is ...what does he even do? He's the Trevor Letowski of NHLers, minus the tablet.
He eats minutes with a level of effectiveness about that of Colin White. Don't get me wrong, I am not the president of the Christian Dvorak fan club, I am stating that he is an NHL player, probably a 2 million per season 4th liner.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
He eats minutes with a level of effectiveness about that of Colin White. Don't get me wrong, I am not the president of the Christian Dvorak fan club, I am stating that he is an NHL player, probably a 2 million per season 4th liner.
We pay him more than double and use him way higher up... might be worth it at two millie on the 4th line. So bland!

Reactions: Tyson

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I'm not a fan of his, but 4th liners don't regularly play at a 35-40 pts/season pace. He's a 3rd liner, easily, just the blandest of 3rd liners. At 2-2.5M I take him on the 3rd without a problem. Issue is, right now, he's overpaid.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm not a fan of his, but 4th liners don't regularly play at a 35-40 pts/season pace. He's a 3rd liner, easily, just the blandest of 3rd liners. At 2-2.5M I take him on the 3rd without a problem. Issue is, right now, he's overpaid.
You take him but what is he ever going to do to help you win?
At one point you have to realize these guys just aren't good enough.
The bloody low bar has to go and soon.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
You take him but what is he ever going to do to help you win?
At one point you have to realize these guys just aren't good enough.
The bloody low bar has to go and soon.
At 2M he's a bland but effective center that wins 53% of faceoffs over his career that frees up money for the top 6. For a bottom 6, he's fine.

At his current salary he's a problem.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
There might be a 5% chance he's more tradable this summer if he can show that he's healthy now. I'll take it I guess :dunno:

Yeah, really, I was thinking the same thing. Hey, maybe we can trade him this summer if he's healthy! Lol

That's quick for a pectoral tear, though. We can add, "quick healer" to his resume.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
At 2M he's a bland but effective center that wins 53% of faceoffs over his career that frees up money for the top 6. For a bottom 6, he's fine.

What we do need to be doing is going out and finding a player that is worth the money Dvorak pulls in and replace him.
Ditto for Anderson Ditto for Gallagher Ditto for any underachiever.
Even then we may have go out and pay for a player to replace one who is earning their pay but just isn't moving the needle enough.
Dvorak just happens to be one of the easier ones to move on from at this point.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

Dvorak is a somewhat typical Bergevin addition, overall, and very typical of his last disastrous offseason. Dvorak isn't terrible, and he could help some teams, but he doesn't fit the habs at all, not the game they are trying to play now (other than tanking) and not the game they aim to play when they are competitive. He was picked up to replace outgoing centers as one of the very few very obviously available guys who had played the position. It should have been clear that he wasn't the right piece to drop in, but then it should also have been clear that without Price, Weber, and Danault bringing in Dvorak and Simard was not going to lead to another playoff run.

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
He's a plug and play option, if your below average 4th line C needs rest. These kind of jack of all trades players are premium.

Imagine NOT having him on ice and your team playing 4 against 5. Add Dvorak and suddenly situation is so much more balanced. Intangibles this guy carries around and no one takes a note.

Wanna win a faceoff? Send him in, then take him out. Boom, another won faceoff in the bank, just like that. They don't make 'em like him anymore. Give him skates and throw in the rink. I'm telling you, he's gonna skate, have puck touches and shifts, the whole enchilada.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Play him intead of White and that's it, he will be as useless.

White and Pearson in the pressbox will be a welcome sight.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Newhook moves back to wing, Dvo goes in as 2c, and Evan's stays at 3c. We'll see what MSL chooses.

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Since he got traded to Montreal he has appeared in only 145 of the 238 games Montreal has played,fragile? or unlucky?

it would be interesting to see how he performs sandwiched between Newhook and Armia though,call it a morbid curiosity. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad