Player Discussion Chris Wideman

Jul 6, 2016
He's getting waived as soon as Matheson is ready to go!

Kovacevic probably beat him with his work on the PK.

They could also waive Pezzetta though...

He's not even playing...

Going 8 D's and 13 forwards...

That's what I am expecting. D-men are too valuable to throw away and our 4 D-Rookies are doing very well.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That is disgusting. Wow. The guy is not good, but he seems like a nice fella. Who does this shit?!?!?
We know them well. They riot when we win they riot when we lose and other things I won't mention. They are not hockey fans that is a given.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
This is pathetic. It's one thing to poke fun at him here but that is a complete lack of class that has crept in to our society over the last couple of decades.
has society changed, or has technology made it easier for assholes to be assholes and harass players?

elaborating, i think the same assholes would have been doing this "back in the day", if they actually could.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
has society changed, or has technology made it easier for assholes to be assholes and harass players?

elaborating, i think the same assholes would have been doing this "back in the day", if they actually could.
Hiding behind their online anonimity allows people who would never have the balls to say stuff like that to someones face to have a voice. A really shitty voice. It become a real problem and something needs to be done about it. Cowards, the bunch of them.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Well yeah assholes are assholes in any era, But yeah society Has changed and technology is one of the main reasons.

Back in day you could trash your coach with impunity while riding the taxi.

God damned technology.

chris-wideman-ottawa-pickup-hockey-shinny.jpg

Edit: It's a joke about the uber incident, don't bully me behind your anonymity.

Last edited:

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Hiding behind their online anonimity allows people who would never have the balls to say stuff like that to someones face to have a voice. A really shitty voice. It become a real problem and something needs to be done about it. Cowards, the bunch of them.
I couldn't agree more, not to mention that, talent-wise, as professional couch potatoes, they are not fit to tie an nhler's laces, let alone hurl insults. You are too kind simply calling them cowards.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Nothing I haven’t done live at the rink (to opponents - obviously not player wives lol)… I feel it’s easy for anonymous weirdos to be rude these days.

Good ole days were better

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

They wouldn't be doing this back in the day because they would routinely encounter varying degrees of violence.

I much preferred the days when guys had to weigh their decision to run their mouth and accept the consequences of doing so. Don't get me wrong as I am very progressive but that doesn't mean that I can't miss popping the odd douche who just didn't know when to stop lol.

Most people running their mouths back then would only do it privately with like minded individuals. The same type of person today is loud, obnoxious and looks for conflict because they are over privileged and perhaps just a little too protected.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Hey! I rioted in 1986!!! :laugh:
I was at the riot/post-game celebration, but I wasn’t rioting. I saw cars being smashed at set on fire, I saw stores being robbed, and people fighting/swarming. I left shortly after the mêlée started. That is rioting. I hope that you didn’t get drawn into that. :-/

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Wideman is like a skatiing defensive coach for the young guys. That Habs can still use as a player for a few games a year, when the Guys are beat up, I like his attittude @ Work!... and he's non factor on Cap! R.

Reactions: Garry Valk

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Wideman is like a skatiing defensive coach for the young guys. That Habs can still use as a player for a few games a year, when the Guys are beat up, I like his attittude @ Work!... and he's non factor on Cap! R.

He's at best #9 on the depth chart now, as he's behind the following 8:

Guhle Savard
Matheson Xhekaj
Edmunson Barron
Harris Kovacevic

We'll see if there are any moves in the offseason.

He even has a hard time fitting in Laval:

Trudeau Mailloux
Norlinder Struble
Beaudin Fairbrother

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad