Sponsor
May 4, 2004
No surprises so far.

All these signings have been rumoured.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Last year he was in the AHL, if he's Laval bound it would give a real nice boost to the offense though hopefully wouldn't take too much PP time away from Brook.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'm pretty sure you're kidding yourself here.

He was offered $2M+ to stay in the KHL. He was ripping it up over there. He's not coming here to play as a tweener.

Based on his Contract he needs to prove he can play. If he plays well enough to not be a tweener then we have our number 6 guy at AHL tweener money and I'll be very happy in that case.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I'm pretty sure you're kidding yourself here.

He was offered $2M+ to stay in the KHL. He was ripping it up over there. He's not coming here to play as a tweener.
And if he earns his spot great , and if not nothing to lose from the club

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
At least the team has some RD depth now. Maybe Romanov can finally just play on his strong side and develop now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is this a one-way?

Cap Friendly already has him listed in the AHL. The offer was pretty much like this... Low AAV and show up to camp trying to ern a job. If you don't, you go to the AHL earning the same salary (not counted in our cap in that case) and you help mentor some young guys and help us create a winning culture

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good. The signings today have been perfect. $750k one way. He gets a shot and we can bury him with no cap consequences if needed.

Need RD depth.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Based on his Contract he needs to prove he can play. If he plays well enough to not be a tweener then we have our number 6 guy at AHL tweener money and I'll be very happy in that case.
And if he earns his spot great , and if not nothing to lose from the club
All I'm saying is he's not been told he's brought here to be a #8 defenseman.

It's very likely he's been told he's slotted for the Top-6. No way he comes back to the NHL for 750K when he could make 3 times that overseas to be a #8.

I don't think you'll see any more big moves on the backend. So if someone wants his job, it'll have be one of the kids.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
All I'm saying is he's not been told he's brought here to be a #8 defenseman.

It's very likely he's been told he's slotted for the Top-6. No way he comes back to the NHL for 750K when he could make 3 times that overseas to be a #8.

I don't think you'll see any more big moves on the backend. So if someone wants his job, it'll have be one of the kids.

If that's the Case we still have a ton of money to spend and I'm wondering what we'll do with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00