Rumor: Chris Tanev in play; Leafs interested

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
this is one of the worst proposals ive ever seen posted on this site

it's so bad you could take out Dermott or the 25th pick and the leafs still laugh and hang up

joke counter would be

Boeser +Juolevi+2019 1st for Nylander + Gardiner
Wow, think you might be a bit off

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
See your problem is you are bringing facts into a conversation and the people who continue to troll about JB don’t have the mental capacity to understand, instead, they like to stir the pot with their obvious lack of knowledge......of any kind

I think the "JB is an idiot" stuff comes from the fact that he actually looks really dumb. He's a good GM and is turning Van around but he just has the look of a moron :laugh:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Uh... please don't listen to the guy that says he won't trade Horvat for Matthews. Right now there is nobody in the Canucks organization that is worth Matthews 1 for 1.

Reactions: THE Green Man

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I think the "JB is an idiot" stuff comes from the fact that he actually looks really dumb. He's a good GM and is turning Van around but he just has the look of a moron :laugh:

Yes the way he looks and speaks doesn't help but the "JB is an idiot" stuff comes from him making a lot of idiotic moves from the time he got the job to the 2017 trade deadline.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Can you speak up? I can't hear you very well all the way up in your ivory tower. :laugh:
Not really, I suffered a Traumatic Brain injury serving my country which causes me problems with my speech at times, and if some punk wanted to use it against me it would be a crappy day for them. Respect my man, you got to give it to get it

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Yes the way he looks and speaks doesn't help but the "JB is an idiot" stuff comes from him making a lot of idiotic moves from the time he got the job to the 2017 trade deadline.
Idiotic, I’m curious what our top ranked prospect pool( ranked by many experts) would think about your assumptions

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Not really, I suffered a Traumatic Brain injury serving my country which causes me problems with my speech at times, and if some punk wanted to use it against me it would be a crappy day for them. Respect my man, you got to give it to get it
I didnt even know he had a speech issue to honest. I've never heard I'm speak, I've only see the photos Canucks fans put as their avatars. Apologies.

Reactions: BleedsBlueSNRefugee

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Like it makes no sense to trade Taney anymore. As soon as Taney is gone what do the Canucks need badly? A top pairing RHD to play with Huey. Lol and we will never get someone as good as Taney with the return Leafs are willing to give up anyway so why bother. Do we really want Huey to end up like Reilly? Having no one good to play with? I think we pass here it’s a no brainer.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
We don’t want to trade Taney anymore. Need him to babysit Huey so Huey can be Huey offensively and not have to worry too much about his own end as he adjusts to the bigs. Sorry Leafs fans.

Leafs fans aren't sorry. Actually tired of the begging from Canucks to take Tanev. There are 29 other trade partners for the Canucks, but unfortunately not enough ingenuity of Canucks fans to make a trade to another team.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Leafs fans aren't sorry. Actually tired of the begging from Canucks to take Tanev. There are 29 other trade partners for the Canucks, but unfortunately not enough ingenuity of Canucks fans to make a trade to another team.

You know, I think teams are looking at the Jets and how they built their team through the draft and basically didn’t make any trades and I think that’s going to be the new normal in the NHL. Especially for good defense man it just seems like you have to draft them now or pay extreme prices that I wouldn’t want to pay either. I totally get it.

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
At the end of the day, both Toronto and Vancouver have teams to be excited about, that to me is the most important thing. Do we all agree with choices that have been made, probably not, but that’s why GMs make the big bucks, they have way more insight and behind the scenes info that fans will never know or understand.
I have been a Nucks fan since I was 5 I’d say, and I can honestly say that this is the most excited I have been for this teams future as a group, we are building a very competitive, fast exciting team just like Toronto is and I’d say in the next 2-3 years both teams will be ranked among the tops in the league. Exciting times for both fan bases.

As for Chris Tanev, I honestly think that we need him more on our team then we need to trade him at least for next season, he provides the exact skills Hughes needs to improve on( and no, not the shot blocking with face part lol) and maybe after a season of mentor ship by Tanev and an injury free season, we can visit the Tanev to Toronto deal again at that time.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Like it makes no sense to trade Taney anymore. As soon as Taney is gone what do the Canucks need badly? A top pairing RHD to play with Huey. Lol and we will never get someone as good as Taney with the return Leafs are willing to give up anyway so why bother. Do we really want Huey to end up like Reilly? Having no one good to play with? I think we pass here it’s a no brainer.
While i won't argue your reasoning, do you think Hughes steps right in next season?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
While i won't argue your reasoning, do you think Hughes steps right in next season?

I’d give it a 50/50 chance. In interviews the kid has come out and said flat out he wants to play in the NHL as soon as possible and he thinks he can help the Canucks in the upcoming season. He’s very confident with himself. There’s not much competition in Vancouver on defense so yeah if he comes to camp I would bet he makes the team. I do think it would be wise to keep him in the NCAA or the AHL another year for precautionary reasons, maybe the Canucks management will convince him it’s better that way.

That being said there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that he will play in the NHL in his draft+2 season. So it’s either going to be in 3 months or 15 months but we will need Tanev, he’s the perfect fit for Hughes.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I’d give it a 50/50 chance. In interviews the kid has come out and said flat out he wants to play in the NHL as soon as possible and he thinks he can help the Canucks in the upcoming season. He’s very confident with himself. There’s not much competition in Vancouver on defense so yeah if he comes to camp I would bet he makes the team. I do think it would be wise to keep him in the NCAA or the AHL another year for precautionary reasons, maybe the Canucks management will convince him it’s better that way.

That being said there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that he will play in the NHL in his draft+2 season. So it’s either going to be in 3 months or 15 months but we will need Tanev, he’s the perfect fit for Hughes.
So the plan is to re-sign Tanev?

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
I think we have Tanev locked up for two more years including this one coming up, I totally agree with what RonningMorrisonBooth said, CT on our team for the next two years is worth more for Hughes development defensively then almost any trade we could make and in doing so, as long as CT stays healthy, should help drive his value up

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017

Yes. It would be crazy to just let Tanev walk so of course they would try to re-sign him when his deal is over and if he wants to go UFA and doesn’t want to sign with Vancouver then at the point go ahead and trade him for whatever you can get.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think we have Tanev locked up for two more years including this one coming up, I totally agree with what RonningMorrisonBooth said, CT on our team for the next two years is worth more for Hughes development defensively then almost any trade we could make and in doing so, as long as CT stays healthy, should help drive his value up
Oh i get the reasoning if Hughes plays this upcoming season, but rushing D is risky (speaking from experience with Rielly/Schenn)...so if Hughes doesn't play next season, that burns another year off Tanev's value. Again, i have no idea what the plan is for Hughes development.

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Oh i get the reasoning if Hughes plays this upcoming season, but rushing D is risky (speaking from experience with Rielly/Schenn)...so if Hughes doesn't play next season, that burns another year off Tanev's value. Again, i have no idea what the plan is for Hughes development.
I agree, and, if not playing him next year on the team(Nucks) then I think at that time, I would manage CT minutes to shine him up as much as possible and package and trade at deadline day,hopefully we can get an extra 2019 first overall+ but that would depend on how CT does more importantly, can he change the image he has as injury prone.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
You are bananas. You keep Horvat over Pettersson or Boeser?
Would the lol in that sentence not represent a comma? Since I was saying the opposite of that and given the context of the quoted reply I thought it was obvious.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
I still want Tanev, so reasonable Nucks fans, how do we make this happen now?

Some Canucks fans felt your offer of 25OA, 52OA, and a 2019 2nd was fair -- for those that liked it, I'm curious who you would've wanted the Canucks to select at those two spots.

Also, I don't see Chris Tanev being moved unless the Canucks bring in another D-man via trade or free agency, otherwise this could be revisited at trade deadline day. I imagine 2019 picks may be of interest as the draft is in Vancouver, but the Canucks really filled the weakness in their prospect pool this past weekend acquiring Quinn Hughes & Jett Woo, so who knows.

Reactions: nucks88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad