Nov 27, 2011
:edmonton

1st(10)
Tyler Benson
Prospect - Caleb Jones?

:nucks

Chris Tanev
Jake Virtanen
ahhh, the 10th looks great but Virtanen is finally starting to play well. I want to keep him.

I think that Tanev and a 5th for the 10th overall is fair.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Question to Nucks fans, if you find out post draft that Toronto offered 1st+2nd+ and Benning said no, how many of you will be cheering that move?
If they get that offer at the draft they will get the same offer at the trade deadline. Tesms are always looking for top pairing guts going into the playoff. Also it seems you are pretending that is the best offer out there. Late 1st doesn't hold the value of a place in the middle where a great prospect could drop.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If they get that offer at the draft they will get the same offer at the trade deadline. Tesms are always looking for top pairing guts going into the playoff. Also it seems you are pretending that is the best offer out there. Late 1st doesn't hold the value of a place in the middle where a great prospect could drop.
So your answer is you would be happy Benning turned down a 1st+2nd then? And what happens if, like this season, Tanev is injured at the deadline?

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
This is more for Canuck fans than anything......being a Canuck fan I would like the following

Toronto trades 25 OA + 52 OA + Rasanen to Vancouver for Tanev (As already suggested)

Trade...………….Goldobin + Sutter50% to Buffalo for 32 OA*

Vancouver goes into draft with...…………………..

2018 7th OA
2018 25th OA
2018 32th OA*
2018 37th OA
2018 52nd OA
2018 68th OA

This basically puts us in as strong of a draft position as NYR, NYI, OTT, CHI or Montreal
which as a rebuilding team, is where you want to be.....win the draft (excluding Buffalo)

If like some say, this is a draft where the top 50 are all rated as 1st round pick calibre
this is what you want.

* I am just using Buffalo's 2nd as an example of potential value.....my belief is that
Goldobin + Sutter at 50% = an approx. value of 28h OA to 35th OA.

Please keep in mind the Goldobin/Sutter trade is for the Canuck fan's to digest and understand
the power of the Tanev trade and the power of Cap Space (which allows us to move these players
in the first place.

My opinion is that those teams that make these moves this year will show that there is potential to
add a great many strong prospects, and the importance of multiple high picks in a strong draft.

Pull the trigger Benning!

Interactif

Jun 22, 2018
Top paring dman are a premium, Toronto would have to pay up to land one or they can just enjoy only 5-7 games every April.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
If I ever expected a Tanev trade to Toronto it would probably be now with Gilman telling Dubas how Benning thinks. It really depends though if Tampa and Toronto or anyone else involved have tried hard enough to get him and make the Canucks management think it's a obvious deal they need to take.

Reactions: Steven Rush
Feb 24, 2017
If I ever expected a Tanev trade to Toronto it would probably be now with Gilman telling Dubas how Benning thinks. It really depends though if Tampa and Toronto or anyone else involved have tried hard enough to get him and make the Canucks management think it's a obvious deal they need to take.
There’s no big secret to how benning thinks.
Duh doyyyyyy meat
Duh doyyyyyy taters
Duh doyyyyyy BENNING!!!

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
As for 29 and get what you can...that is bs....Chara is 42...should the senators have gotten what they can for him at 29. He is worth more to the canucks to play the year and let him walk than to roll the dice on some maybes.

[mod]
there's always outliers man, betting on your guy being one is almost always a bad bet, probably especially with the health factors in Tanev's case. Bet the averages

And I disagree on the "he's worth more to the Canucks right now" stuff. All he's doing for you right now is keeping your draft picks from being higher, if I'm the Canucks right now, I'm targetting Jack Hughes next season as the center piece to your future. Keeping Tanev is a double whammy of hurting your future in his own diminishing value and maybe helping enough to keep you out of the basement

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Tanev + Horvat
Marner + Dermott + 25th ov

Nope

Horvat is THE ONLY untouchable

You could get Boesser for the right price, Peterson, Hughes, Joulevi and Virtanen (Save the jokes...I get it)

But, I wouldn't do Horvat for Mathews straight up.

Every year this guy has been here, he's taken whatever his critics say his weaknesses are, gone home and come back having FIXED THEM,

This guy is a legit LEADER, He obsessively improves himself (The only other guy who does this is Crosby) Always gives 100% and on a personal note, I had a friend who was at the All-Star game in L.A a couple of years ago tell me THIS:

Apparently, most of the players were pricks, only signing autographs and taking pics when they HAD to. NEW players that is, my friend was blown away that Gretzky/Lemuiex/Orr and other legends but those three, in particular, couldn't have been nicer and would actually hang out and talk to you. At one point P.K Subban refused to acknowledge that my friend existed (No, he wasn't busy, and he wasn't in a hurry, he simply pretended my friend didn't exist when he said "hello") and an hour later my friend was in a hotel bar with Gretzky and Orr (Mario had to go) with other fans and legends having a beer. He couldn't believe the difference in older players and younger ones. I asked my friend (A ducks season ticket holder) if ANY current players were nice?

"Yes" he said, "Your boy Horvat, he was super cool, he acted like Gretzky and those guys, he would talk to anyone sign anything and shoot the shit......but he was the ONLY one"

Horvat = UNTOUCHABLE

Reactions: flying v 604

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Horvat is the worst out of all vancitys young players (boeser hughes petersson)... Lmao horvat is untouchable bc he signs stuff and is a nice guy hahaha.

Lmfao

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Horvat is the worst out of all vancitys young players (boeser hughes petersson)... Lmao horvat is untouchable bc he signs stuff and is a nice guy hahaha.

Lmfao

Please, explain...I'm very interested to hear your reasoning, BTW saying "LMFAO" multiple times does not make your point for you.

If that's truly the best you've got I suggest staying out of lawsuits, debate clubs or any line of work that involves you having to speak,

Just a little free life advice, so whoever is reading this to you, ask them to read that part twice

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018
If we're using a car dealership

Blue book is 5k for a comparable car in good condition.

This car has clear signs of damage and multiple serious incidents on the car fax, so offering 3-3.5k, willing to go as high as 4, (though a couple of the kids want nothing to do with it because of the damage)

A couple salesman keep running into the office yelling for 7k or get the hell out. one salesman offered to take 3k cash + a 3k trade in, or a 6k trade in in between bouts of yelling at your kids for not liking the car.

Freaking hilarious. Love it

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Nope

You could get Boesser for the right price, Peterson, Hughes, Joulevi and Virtanen (Save the jokes...I get it)

Every year this guy has been here, he's taken whatever his critics say his weaknesses are, gone home and come back having FIXED THEM,

This guy is a legit LEADER, He obsessively improves himself (The only other guy who does this is Crosby) Always gives 100% and on a personal note, I had a friend who was at the All-Star game in L.A a couple of years ago tell me THIS:

Apparently, most of the players were pricks, only signing autographs and taking pics when they HAD to. NEW players that is, my friend was blown away that Gretzky/Lemuiex/Orr and other legends but those three, in particular, couldn't have been nicer and would actually hang out and talk to you. At one point P.K Subban refused to acknowledge that my friend existed (No, he wasn't busy, and he wasn't in a hurry, he simply pretended my friend didn't exist when he said "hello") and an hour later my friend was in a hotel bar with Gretzky and Orr (Mario had to go) with other fans and legends having a beer. He couldn't believe the difference in older players and younger ones. I asked my friend (A ducks season ticket holder) if ANY current players were nice?

"Yes" he said, "Your boy Horvat, he was super cool, he acted like Gretzky and those guys, he would talk to anyone sign anything and shoot the ****......but he was the ONLY one"

Horvat = UNTOUCHABLE

Dude, no way lol I'd move Horvat before Brock or Elias

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
With the draft over, perhaps we can send Brown to the Canucks for Tanev. I thought for sure if the trade were to happen, it would have been day 2.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Please, explain...I'm very interested to hear your reasoning, BTW saying "LMFAO" multiple times does not make your point for you.

If that's truly the best you've got I suggest staying out of lawsuits, debate clubs or any line of work that involves you having to speak,

Just a little free life advice, so whoever is reading this to you, ask them to read that part twice

Damn son. You are a touchy boy arent u? Lmfao.

Your lil bby bo horvat simply isnt as good as you think he is.

Since saying lmfao triggers you so much I'll say this instead: ROFL

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Top paring dman are a premium, Toronto would have to pay up to land one or they can just enjoy only 5-7 games every April.

they need a top pairing dman that plays more than 50-60% of the games. what good is tanev if he is on IR for the playoffs?

also you arent getting anywhere close to Marner for anyone on that roster. Maybe a Boeser+Petersson offer could blow the leafs away. but Tanev+ is hot garbage. just stop

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Tanev is easily worth Calgary's 1st round pick.

strongly disagree. what non playoff team is giving up a top 10-12 pick for Tanev?

Calgary got hosed in the Hamonic deal. they expected the pick to be mid 20's, not 12OA

Tanev might get a late 1st + 2nd/comparable prospect but he isnt bringing in a top 10.
If he can play 80 games this year maybe that changes

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
I still want Tanev, so reasonable Nucks fans, how do we make this happen now?

I am going to list 3 offers, I as a Canuck fan would accept:

2019 1st + 2019 4th + Brown

or

Johansson + 2019 2nd + 2019 3rd

or

Lilegren + 2019 2nd

I prefer package #2, The NHL Draft is in Vancouver next June I want more picks. I don't really care for Brown but his speed could be useful or we could flip him for a pick or 2. What are your thoughts? You would be getting the best shut suppression d man in the NHL.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
^ Lol. You don't get any of those.
This copying of The Winter Soldier's old name is quite embarrassing, you're somehow so much worse at trolling than he is

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I still can't for the life of me get all the hate for JB. Since he took over we have the best prospect pool in the league according to various experts
He traded Burr for a slam dunk top player. Jake is looking like exactly what we all had hoped for. He signed Louie who hasn't lived up to his deal. Not JB fault. He had 17 offers higher then Vans. And the way the contract is set up is genius. Sure make fun of a guy because he is socially awkward. All that does is speak to the pathetic character of the people who make fun of him. I hope karma bites you in the ass

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
there's always outliers man, betting on your guy being one is almost always a bad bet, probably especially with the health factors in Tanev's case. Bet the averages

And I disagree on the "he's worth more to the Canucks right now" stuff. All he's doing for you right now is keeping your draft picks from being higher, if I'm the Canucks right now, I'm targetting Jack Hughes next season as the center piece to your future. Keeping Tanev is a double whammy of hurting your future in his own diminishing value and maybe helping enough to keep you out of the basement

Tanev's value in insulating a guy like Hughes or Juolevi is far greater than a mid-late 20s pick and a B prospect and you're seriously overrating a ~25th overall pick if you suggest otherwise. The only player taken 25-30 that is an actively better asset than Tanev is Evgeny Kuznetsov.

No shit you deal him if you get good payment, but I don't want to throw the two aforementioned young defencemen next to Gudbranson and Biega.

Last edited:

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You are bananas. You keep Horvat over Pettersson or Boeser?
deal should be based on 2019 conditional picks if he plays 65+ games you get our lottery protected 1st and a 3rd if less you get a 2nd and 3rd. Those are close to the real prices. Not sure Dubas will be keen on moving roster players.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Nope

"Yes" he said, "Your boy Horvat, he was super cool, he acted like Gretzky and those guys, he would talk to anyone sign anything and shoot the ****......but he was the ONLY one"

Horvat = UNTOUCHABLE

What if we up our offer from just Matthews to Matthews and hometown boy Morgan Rielly?

Matthews and Rielly for Horvat. Does he become touchable?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
ahhh, the 10th looks great but Virtanen is finally starting to play well. I want to keep him.

I think that Tanev and a 5th for the 10th overall is fair.

lol. Tanev is worth a late 1st + decent prospect not Bouchard/Dobson

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Tanev + Horvat
Marner + Dermott + 25th ov

this is one of the worst proposals ive ever seen posted on this site

it's so bad you could take out Dermott or the 25th pick and the leafs still laugh and hang up

joke counter would be

Boeser +Juolevi+2019 1st for Nylander + Gardiner

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
I've said it before....and again I AM NOT JOKING...

...Normal, healthy adults with all their faculties do not speak the way Benning does, they do not make OBVIOUS mistakes like Benning does.

From the first time I heard him speak I knew something wasn't quite right, my GF worked with developmentally challenged adults in the past and she picked up on it too,

Benning has some kind of mental handicap, maybe from injury maybe a birth defect, I have no idea, but Benning is clearly dealing with a developmental issue
Wow, that’s pretty low buds

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
I still can't for the life of me get all the hate for JB. Since he took over we have the best prospect pool in the league according to various experts
He traded Burr for a slam dunk top player. Jake is looking like exactly what we all had hoped for. He signed Louie who hasn't lived up to his deal. Not JB fault. He had 17 offers higher then Vans. And the way the contract is set up is genius. Sure make fun of a guy because he is socially awkward. All that does is speak to the pathetic character of the people who make fun of him. I hope karma bites you in the ass
See your problem is you are bringing facts into a conversation and the people who continue to troll about JB don’t have the mental capacity to understand, instead, they like to stir the pot with their obvious lack of knowledge......of any kind

Reactions: BleedsBlueSNRefugee

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I am going to list 3 offers, I as a Canuck fan would accept:

2019 1st + 2019 4th + Brown

or

Johansson + 2019 2nd + 2019 3rd

or

Lilegren + 2019 2nd

I prefer package #2, The NHL Draft is in Vancouver next June I want more picks. I don't really care for Brown but his speed could be useful or we could flip him for a pick or 2. What are your thoughts? You would be getting the best shut suppression d man in the NHL.
If i have to pick from those 3, it's #1....but i am not sure the 1st would be offered with Brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad