Pre-Game Talk: Chris Neil Retirement Game - Friday

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Well deserved Mr. NEIL

Here's to the SENS stepping it up tonight...

FullSizeRender.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 7.18.59 PM.png

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I agree wit you man, this fanbase thinks being involved local charities is enough to retire a number. You ain't gonna change their heads.
Dumb take in my opinion.

It’s like arguing that scoring points in a hockey game is somehow better.

Too many questionable people honoured with number retirements due to numbers, while folks struggle with good people, with unicorn careers getting the same honour.

Sad to me. Chris bled, fought, and protected his teammates on ice; did the hardest most courageous job for this team for 1000 games. That is aside from his off ice contributions.

Teammates are super stoked and supportive of the honour, dipshit fans think they know better. Truly an internet classic.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Can Neiler just sign with us next season? His old ass will have more fight in him than half of our sorry ass roster

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Ottawa fans I come in Peace! But I don't think Neils sweater should go to the rafter but thats me

I agree wit you man, this fanbase thinks being involved local charities is enough to retire a number. You ain't gonna change their heads.

Clueless. Sorry but just so brutal.

Name 5 other players in NHL history that played 1000+ games for their franchise and didn't get their jersey retired. Go, let's here it and why your not as obtuse as it seems like you are for going out of your way to gaslight this night.

If you followed the player on and off the ice for his entire career, and you realize how rare this many games for one franchise actually is. Then you know this is a no brainer move by the organization..

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Clueless. Sorry but just so brutal.

Name 5 other players in NHL history that played 1000+ games for their franchise and didn't get their jersey retired. Go, let's here it and why your not as obtuse as it seems like you are for going out of your way to gaslight this night.

If you followed the player on and off the ice for his entire career, and you realize how rare this many games for one franchise actually is. Then you know this is a no brainer move by the organization..

Name me a player who got their number retired that couldn’t get another NHL contract when they where done with their first franchise ?

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
LOL, you dump on every player when the Sens lose.
Have any of them played as long as Neil has?

No one supported Neil like I did here:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad