Confirmed with Link: Chris Neil Extended 1 year 1.5 Million

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
1 more year of watching the 4th line chasing the puck in the defensive zone all game long. yay!

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Get him his 1000 games then scratch him the rest of the season.
x

One year at 1.5 is something I can live with, much better than what I was expecting tbh.

Yeah this is fine. He's getting paid a little more than I would have liked, but Murray Loyalty Tax and all. And yes, replace him by a better player once his milestone is reached.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Someone should remember this page when come game 34 of next season and Neil has been benched we can point the finger. :laugh:

I'm fine with this signing.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Bad Deal.

Shouldn't be in the NHL at all.

f94225a0-f406-0131-6d7b-0aa0f90d87b4.gif

Deal is acceptable IMO. No risk of hitting the cap next year so this deal is fine (TRANSLATION - DOES NOT NEGATIVELY AFFECT THE TEAM). A retirement contract, and a well deserved one to boot.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Rather use his roster spot on someone younger. Rather use is contract spot on someone else

Doesnt really bother me though. This move probably doesnt hurt the team and its likely that there isnt much upside to not signing him

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
f94225a0-f406-0131-6d7b-0aa0f90d87b4.gif

Deal is acceptable IMO. No risk of hitting the cap next year so this deal is fine (TRANSLATION - DOES NOT NEGATIVELY AFFECT THE TEAM). A retirement contract, and a well deserved one to boot.

1.5 million going to waste on the budget does affect us tho.

best case scenario sens are spending at approximately (i'm being generous) 64 million next season. that 2.5% of our budget wasted, in honouring a veteran player that can't play anymore.

That 1.5 could have been split into three years of 500K for say a Hoffman contract, and could give us more room in negotiations this summer. That 1.5 could have also been saved for a later time to put on a contract that expires for a stud defensemen in a few years.

Obviously it isn't a big deal and its a small contract, for a player who will see minimal ice, but I just want him off the ****ing roster already. He doesn't contribute, and he is so weak in all three zones. Having a coach like Cameron who would put him on the ice in the final minute or on the powerplay makes it so much worse.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm ok with this if he's slowly phased out over the next season. He shouldn't be playing 82 games anymore.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm ok with this if he's slowly phased out over the next season. He shouldn't be playing 82 games anymore.

Who is his competition? Who is going to take his spot? Nobody thought he would play every game this season & he's never been a healthy scratch regardless of what the majority on here want. I thought it would eventually be Robinson but the way Chiasson has played I would think Buddy could replace Chiasson before Neil. We'll see I guess.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Who is his competition? Who is going to take his spot? Nobody thought he would play every game this season & he's never been a healthy scratch regardless of what the majority on here want. I thought it would eventually be Robinson but the way Chiasson has played I would think Buddy could replace Chiasson before Neil. We'll see I guess.

Lots of players. You even named one. Robinson, Lazar, McCormick, etc.

There is no reason he should have played all the games this year either. He should have played against the tougher teams, but the faster skilled teams give him trouble. We just have too many 4th liners playing in the bottom six.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Maybe if we get a new coach that isn't blinded by "grit", the clause will be null and void?

Here's hoping.

Why do you keep saying that when this coach plays a number of guys who I wouldn't consider gritty? Karlsson, Hoffman, Ryan, Zibanejad, Wideman & a few others who are not tough players, who are you referring too? Oh let me guess. You are against dressing Neil, Smith & Boro, am I right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad