Value of: Chris Kreider

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Me too! But I don't see us getting him without giving up a 1st, and I just hate the very idea of a 1st for a rental.

I mean.... we’ve traded like 6 firsts since 2013 and it’s worked out. I’m not totally opposed in the right circumstances.

Ky

Kyrou and the Blues 2020 2nd

It’s certainly more attractive than having to go this route because we’re trying to hold on to a pick likely 20th or lower.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Yeah 1st + Heinen + prospect for Kreider at 50% seems like the basis for a deal, with much wrangling over the prospect. Of course Bruins would shop around elsewhere. Is Kreider worth that much more than Toffoli, for instance.
Well let's put things into perspective:
Last year at the deadline: Ottawa traded a signed Mark Stone and Tobias Lindberg to Vegas for defenseman Erik Brannstrom, center Oscar Lindberg and a 2020 second-round pick.
So, I think the ask on Kreider is a bit high.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Last year at the deadline: Ottawa traded a signed Mark Stone and Tobias Lindberg to Vegas for defenseman Erik Brannstrom, center Oscar Lindberg and a 2020 second-round pick.

true and mark stone is a much better player but also the Rangers got much more than anyone thought they would for Nash and Hayes (I feel two players kreider would have much more impact than come playoff time albeit Hayes is a center which some people value more).

Reactions: eco's bones

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Every year the market sets differently based on availability at position, who is contending, how many sellers, etc. Whatever someone was dealt for last year isn't really connected to the next season.

Reactions: egelband

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Brannstrom, at the time of that trade, was considered a top-25 prospect by many people. Nothing in that proposed package referenced earlier comes close to that sort of value. What should be a very late first, likely a bottom-six F prospect, and a guy who is more of a cap-offset than value add is hardly an outlandish ask for someone who is likely to be the most sought after rental on the market.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bruins should not trade a first for a rental...........

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Bruins should not trade a first for a rental...........
If it helps put them over the top this year (and it definitely could) why not? It's not like they are very far off from competing for and winning the cup this year.

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019
If it helps put them over the top this year (and it definitely could) why not? It's not like they are very far off from competing for and winning the cup this year.
That's why these conditions become such a big thing. If your a contending team you might not want to pay a 1st for a rental or to just make the playoffs and get knocked out right away, but with the resigning condition its not a first for a rental. And if the condition is winning the Cup, I'd trade a 1st for a Cup any day.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
That's why these conditions become such a big thing. If your a contending team you might not want to pay a 1st for a rental or to just make the playoffs and get knocked out right away, but with the resigning condition its not a first for a rental. And if the condition is winning the Cup, I'd trade a 1st for a Cup any day.
NYR will not settle for less than a guaranteed first rounder I dont think.

Kreider is 100% worthy of a guaranteed first plus prospect at minimum. There may be a conditional pick added like a 4th that becomes a 3rd on reaching SCF or a 5th that becomes a 1st if he re-signs etc.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
NYR will not settle for less than a guaranteed first rounder I dont think.

Kreider is 100% worthy of a guaranteed first plus prospect at minimum. There may be a conditional pick added like a 4th that becomes a 3rd on reaching SCF or a 5th that becomes a 1st if he re-signs etc.
So two 1sts and a prospect for Kreider?

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Hard to say, because they just don't get traded that often.

Who was the last blue chipper traded before Brannstrom? Forsberg? Duclair? Probably Sergachev?
Lol Duclair was NEVER a blue chip prospect.

Would you class Suzuki or Jokiharju as bkue chip prospects because they were traded within last couple of seasons.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Sanford big and soft just want fans want. Lmfao Rather get ivan barbashev or Klim Kostin
I don't see the Blues moving Barbashev. He just has that "it" factor for the Blues. I dont see Kostin being moved either. Especially for a rental.

I wouldn't close the door on Sanford. As a Blues fan I wont be sad to see him go, BUT he has show flashes of a very good player. He has shown to play big boy hockey who can score. Very streaky. He goes from looking like a top 6 guy to you can't wait for him to eat popcorn in the press box.

I dont see Army going past Sanford+ if he brings someone in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad