Value of: Chris Kreider

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
1st in 2020 lottery protected + 2021 3rd turns into a 2nd if CK resigned + Gagner + Marody for Kreider + Georgiev

There no chance in Hell Kreider is resigning with Edmonton . He doesn't make Edmonton cup contenders so no we aren't sending our 1st in a deep draft for a few months of obvious a player that would fit in very well but wouldn't move the needle enough to make it worth it .

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
There no chance in Hell Kreider is resigning with Edmonton . He doesn't make Edmonton cup contenders so no we aren't sending our 1st in a deep draft for a few months of obvious a player that would fit in very well but wouldn't move the needle enough to make it worth it .
Don’t worry, that offer won’t be the best offer the Rangers get anyway.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
But Ranger fans think McDavid would make him into a 50 goal scorer.
Straight up for Draisatl, plus the required first and a prospect?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Every year the market sets differently based on availability at position, who is contending, how many sellers, etc. Whatever someone was dealt for last year isn't really connected to the next season.
Yep. And I think Kreider is exactly the type of player playoff teams are looking for these days. It’s good timing.
That said, I’m hoping the Rangers and he can find a way to keep him a Ranger longer term.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Yep. And I think Kreider is exactly the type of player playoff teams are looking for these days. It’s good timing.
That said, I’m hoping the Rangers and he can find a way to keep him a Ranger longer term.

If he wants to be here and the Rangers want him, there's nothing stopping him circling back in the offseason

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
If he wants to be here and the Rangers want him, there's nothing stopping him circling back in the offseason
the butt hurt. the underwhelming contract offer. These things have totally caused UFAs from not going back to their original team. Kreider will have his limits regarding home town discounts. Heck, the sticking point might just be term like I would not want Kreider signed for more than 5 years but he might demand 7. I forget which UFA the Rangers lost recently because of term but it was something like 2 vs 3

Reactions: haveandare

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I would love to see him become a soldier for hire, signing one year deals to wingman on whatever team looks to be a contender each year. It would be a risk but how badass would it be to spend the last 5 or 6 years of your career winning cups with 3 or 4 different teams?

Reactions: The Sweetness

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
we always say that but that hardly ever happens. Plus the Rangers are Cap strapped with some important RFA's in DeAngelo, Strome, and Lemieux. Kreider will get more money + term on the UFA market. Also Canadian teams like Edmonton know he won't sign there long term. Not many options i'm afraid, unless he wants to take a discount which I can't see happening.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If he’s traded I think he’s definitely going to look for the best deal on the market. Players don’t like getting traded and hardly ever come back to the trading team. At least not immediately. Once he goes I think his salary price goes way up - which the rangers can’t pay- and also, more importantly, and emotional door is closed.

LD29

Jan 19, 2019
Do you need RNH? Hell, I would even add Puljujärfi to get rid of RNH

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
we always say that but that hardly ever happens. Plus the Rangers are Cap strapped with some important RFA's in DeAngelo, Strome, and Lemieux. Kreider will get more money + term on the UFA market. Also Canadian teams like Edmonton know he won't sign there long term. Not many options i'm afraid, unless he wants to take a discount which I can't see happening.

It hardly ever happens because generally the teams and players want 2 different things. At this point Kreider is gonna explore free agency regardless if he is traded or not. The only way Kreider signs with us again in the summer is if he isn't looking for the best deal AND a win now sort of team. Everything we're hearing about there being little contract discussion between the two indicates he wants to explore free agency, meaning we have little to no chance of retaining him anyways.

So like I said, if he really wants to be here he can.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
If he’s traded I think he’s definitely going to look for the best deal on the market. Players don’t like getting traded and hardly ever come back to the trading team. At least not immediately. Once he goes I think his salary price goes way up - which the rangers can’t pay- and also, more importantly, and emotional door is closed.

See my post above. Even if he isn't traded, hes gonna be looking for the best deal/situation for him.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
the butt hurt. the underwhelming contract offer. These things have totally caused UFAs from not going back to their original team. Kreider will have his limits regarding home town discounts. Heck, the sticking point might just be term like I would not want Kreider signed for more than 5 years but he might demand 7. I forget which UFA the Rangers lost recently because of term but it was something like 2 vs 3

That would be Kovalchuk. What a loss

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I would love to see GMs grow a set and tell guys like this they aren't getting 7 yrs, period. If you're 29 I would give you a 5 yr deal max. Then we don't have to play stupid games with veterans who deserve better than being cast off to any team that can fit them when we want to get younger and better.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I would love to see GMs grow a set and tell guys like this they aren't getting 7 yrs, period. If you're 29 I would give you a 5 yr deal max. Then we don't have to play stupid games with veterans who deserve better than being cast off to any team that can fit them when we want to get younger and better.
Generally, having a player signed long term at a high AAV for any number of years over the age of 35 is not an ideal situation. More likely than not, their game will deteriorate. And for every silver foxed Doug Lidstrom or Zdeno Chara, you get a Loui Eriksson or Brent Seabrook contract. If not more so.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Would love him in the Flames. The Flames organization won't give up wanting big for pure rental though. If extension talks can happen first, I'd like to get him though.

Kreider is that big net presence the Flames need. Basically what they were hoping Neal would be.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019

David perron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad