Value of: Chris Kreider

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I assume Kreider will bring a 1st rounder, a decent prospect, a late draft pick and possibly a small cap dump player. Similar to Rick Nash except Kreider is a better now and future player than Nash was at the time of the trade.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I assume Kreider will bring a 1st rounder, a decent prospect, a late draft pick and possibly a small cap dump player. Similar to Rick Nash except Kreider is a better now and future player than Nash was at the time of the trade.

So something like Galchenyuk, Legare and a 1st for Kreider from the Penguins? You'd be able to flip Galchenyuk for a draft pick too, he'd probably bring back a 3rd or so.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
So something like Galchenyuk, Legare and a 1st for Kreider from the Penguins? You'd be able to flip Galchenyuk for a draft pick too, he'd probably bring back a 3rd or so.
No. He's a UFA. Do you need cap relief?we can retain on Kreider. Flip him yourself! Quinn would bury him with how he plays.

Reactions: Kupo

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No. He's a UFA. Do you need cap relief?we can retain on Kreider. Flip him yourself! Quinn would bury him with how he plays.

Why? Galchenyuk's problem is that he's a low IQ player. He's not lazy, soft, super bad defensively or anything like that. He's just a dumb player.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Why? Galchenyuk's problem is that he's a low IQ player. He's not lazy, soft, super bad defensively or anything like that. He's just a dumb player.

And he's already being run out of Pittsburgh because of it. He has played 32 games and in 8 of them (25%) he has played less than 10 minutes. Do you really think Quinn is going to trust him any more than Sullivan does?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
And he's already being run out of Pittsburgh because of it. He has played 32 games and in 8 of them (25%) he has played less than 10 minutes. Do you really think Quinn is going to trust him any more than Sullivan does?

The point of acquiring Galchenyuk is to flip him for a draft pick, though. He's being included as the "cap dump" of the trade that the other poster suggested.

Getting huffy because someone suggested taking Galchenyuk back as the "cap dump" in the Kreider trade seems super weird.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
The point of acquiring Galchenyuk is to flip him for a draft pick, though. He's being included as the "cap dump" of the trade that the other poster suggested.

Getting huffy because someone suggested taking Galchenyuk back as the "cap dump" in the Kreider trade seems super weird.

You could just trade away Chucky yourself I believe is the point. He does nothing for the Rangers.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
BOS: Kreider (50%)
NYR: Heinen, Zboril, Backes (50%), 2020 1st

Very similar to the Nash deal but with higher quality and more cap going both ways.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016

Very similar to the Nash deal but with higher quality and more cap going both ways.

The Rangers can’t afford to take on Backes even at 50% we’re going to have a tough time signing all our RFAs as it is.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Scandella and Frolik are nowhere close to the value of Kreider.

They should not be gauges for anything. Kreider will get a downgraded version of the Hall trade, which was a great haul for NJ.

Can you really go by the Hall trade? How many teams are there like Arizona who are in contention and bereft of offensive talent?

PhilThrillPill

Jun 4, 2016
Toronto
From Pens:
2nd + Bjorkvist + 2nd (conditional - kreider resigns or we make it to the second round)
(both 2020 2nds from prior deals).

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

I was just addressing the point of why Quinn wouldn't want him. Speaking to the larger point, I don't think he's worth taking back with the idea of flipping him later. If we're taking him for cap reasons, then you guys can add to the deal. If we later flip Chucky for anything, then that's gravy, but I wouldn't be counting on that as part of the value of the deal.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Scandella is a middle pairing Dman, or at least a 3rd/2nd pairing tweener. BUF has a way of making Dmen look bad, or at least they have recently. I am old enough to remember when they actually were a good defending team.

There seem to be people on this board that immediately deem a player garbage if he is not an elite 1st liner/#1D/elite G. Life, and hockey, is far more nuanced than that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

If you want us to take Backes for next year, offer something of value. It needs to be something more than Zboril. Lauko or Hall.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Would CO take Smith w Kreider ?

I’d like a 1st plus Jost

I know you want to flip him for picks/prospects but I cant justify dealing the 1st for a rental. I'd do Jost for Kreider straight up (or with Colorado adding something small).

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I know you want to flip him for picks/prospects but I cant justify dealing the 1st for a rental. I'd do Jost for Kreider straight up (or with Colorado adding something small).

Pretty sure nyr can get a 1st plus a young player

If Jost is a higher up young talent still think nyr would want a 2nd a him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad