Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Ha, just noticed that while Joey Anderson is off to a slow start in his sophomore season. 2-1-3 in 8 games.

His brother Michael started his freshman season on fire. 3-4-7 in 9.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It looks like Talvitie is having a nice season

wonder if he skips going to Penn State and we sign him this summer?

I doubt it. He's playing in the U20 league to remain eligible for NCAA. He should be dominating that league in his +1 year or else he would be heading to bust territory.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I doubt it. He's playing in the U20 league to remain eligible for NCAA. He should be dominating that league in his +1 year or else he would be heading to bust territory.

Yeah the jump from that league to the AHL would be very difficult for him. He can take his time and play against some big guys in the NCAA and get use to that and North American ice.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
he'd be heading into bust territory ~20 games after being drafted?

whew thats a spicy take

Bust might've been a little over the top. But if he is going to have a promising future, he needs to be far and away better than his competition in that league. Most guys his age are playing on pro Swedish or Finnish teams and producing a good amount of points.

Hopefully Walsh plays well all season so Shero makes a big push to sign him this offseason. No need to wait on a Harvard player who shows promise.

If you go to Harvard, you might as well stay 4 years and get your degree.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bust might've been a little over the top. But if he is going to have a promising future, he needs to be far and away better than his competition in that league. Most guys his age are playing on pro Swedish or Finnish teams and producing a good amount of points.

they can still get their degree if they leave school early

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

If he plays as well as the scouting staff expects just offer him the ELC now and work out something so he can attend summers at Harvard and complete his degree. If he gets to UFA he’s subject to way too many influences to be comfortable with. If he signs his ELC he can always go back to Harvard when hockey ends. If he plays in the NHL the Harvard degree is just window dressing.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If he plays as well as the scouting staff expects just offer him the ELC now and work out something so he can attend summers at Harvard and complete his degree. If he gets to UFA he’s subject to way too many influences to be comfortable with. If he signs his ELC he can always go back to Harvard when hockey ends. If he plays in the NHL the Harvard degree is just window dressing.
But you don't need to bring him in after his freshman year, we can wait another year or two. Unless of coarse he is ready. But in general, I think most guys who go college can use 1 or 2 years of development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad