Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Textbook example of keeping your stick on the ice and opening up to give your teammate a target. Gif should be shown to youth players. Nice to see him get on the board so soon after coming back from injury.
He actually didn't fully open up for the traditional one timer, kind of half opened for more of a quick snap, which is prob better for the higher speed he was skating at, maybe even more control of the shot. And no doubt really went text book with the stick on the ice. All he needed was a sign that said "put puck here".

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
He actually didn't fully open up for the traditional one timer, kind of half opened for more of a quick snap, which is prob better for the higher speed he was skating at, maybe even more control of the shot. And no doubt really went text book with the stick on the ice. All he needed was a sign that said "put puck here".

Yeah, that’s definitely not a situation where he wants to completely square up to the passer. It would make the 2 on 1 much easier to defend.

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Thursday's OHL Activity:
Michael McLeod - 2 assists, +1, 1 shot, won 22 of 33 draws in Mississauga's 4-3 OT loss at North Bay
Season stats: 9 games, 5 goals, 5 assists, E, 10 PIM, 27 shots, won 127 of 197 draws

Reactions: Classic Devil

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So much time for Mcleod to develop and refine his game...

But he didn't really look like a top 6 player to me from what we've seen far.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The entire preseason. He played games like a grinder in my opinion. I didn't see any finesse or precision. His game seemed to be all speed in a reckless abandonment sort of way.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the preseason games.

But, let's see how he looks at the WJC later this month.

Reactions: Aethon

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
McLeod will be out 2nd line center next year just be cause of his hardwork and hustle. Cause we know that is all Hynes cares about :sarcasm:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I agree with Jim. McLeod almost looked like Wood with less physicality in preseason. He flew around the ice, but it seemed like his brain and hands weren't close to keeping up with his legs. That can improve, but it may take a while.

He could be Miles Wood with hands and a brain.

He could, but he looked a lot like a smaller Miles from what I've seen.

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Friday's Activity:

OHL:
Michael McLeod - 1 goal (PP), 5 shots, 2nd star in Mississauga's 3-2 loss vs. Barrie

QMJHL:
Jocktan Chainey - 1 goal, E, 2 PIM (trip), 3 shots in Halifax's 2-1 SO win at Val-d'Or

WHL:
Colton Sissons - E, 2 PIM (coinc. cross-check), 1 shot in Swift Current's 6-1 loss at Calgary

NCAA:
Brett Seney - 2 assists (2 PP), -1, 1 shot, 3rd star in Merrimack's 4-1 win vs. Army

Joey Anderson - 1 goal, 1 assist, +1, 5 shots in Minnesota-Duluth's 7-5 loss at Omaha

Matt Hellickson - -1, 1 shot in Notre Dame's 3-2 win at Wisconsin

Reactions: Classic Devil

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Nice to see Anderson getting back on the scoresheet.
I knew Anderson was in for a tough season, I'm pretty sure I said it in this thread during the summer... obviously didn't know about injuries, but you can't lose two players like Alex Iafallo and Adam Johnson from the squad and expect to keep the same level of production going.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think he'll be in North America next year. He's only 3 months younger than Bratt.

I could see London picking him as they already picked his younger brother.

Maybe they could try to convince them to come over as a package deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad