Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Never said we should count on anyone, just that being patient might pay off big. Right now numbers are on our favor.
Shero def went the #'s route in terms of d-men. All while not using anything higher then a 3rd rnd pick(aside from the Mueller trade). Late round picks, over agers, Russian factors, UFA's, Dev's have been very open minded in terms of considering talent.

When you throw Mueller and Butcher into the pot, not to mention Sev's and Santini still being young, I'm liking the way the organizational depth chart is shaping up.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Sissons team mate, Steenbergen now up to 30 g's in 20 games.

If Swift Current is ever on TV, please make a note of it.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Did this guy just fly massively under the radar last year or what. He is putting up ridiculous numbers right now.
He was in his+1 year. Currently in his +2. So do factor that in.

Heponiemi who actually has more points with a 16-36-52 in 20 stat line (compared to 30-21-51) went in the 2nd rnd last year.

So maybe the thinking is/was that Hepniemi is the bigger driver on that line? Maybe some size concerns as well?

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Saturday's Activity:

OHL:
Marian Studenic - 1 goal (1 PP), 3 assists (1 PP), +1, 3 shots, 1st star in Hamilton's 5-2 win at Ottawa
*stopped on penalty shot in 2nd period

Evan Cormier - DNP in Saginaw's 5-3 win vs. Owen Sound
*dressed as backup

QMJHL:
Jocktan Chainey - -1, 2 shots, 2 hits in Halifax's 6-5 SO win vs. Cape Breton

WHL:
Colby Sissons - 1 assist, +1, 2 shots in Swift Current's 2-1 SO win vs. Calgary

NCAA:
Brett Seney - 2 assists (2 PP), -2, 1 shot, won 10 of 23 draws in Merrimack's 6-6 tie vs. #10 Providence

Jeremy Davies - 1 assist, -1, 1 shot in #12 Northeastern's 4-1 loss vs. Boston College
JD Dudek - E, 1 shot, won 1 of 3 draws for BC

Reilly Walsh - +1, 2 PIM (interference), 2 shots in #13 Harvard's 2-1 loss at #7 Minnesota

Matt Hellickson - E, 2 shots, 2 blocked shots in #4 Notre Dame's 1-0 OT win at RPI

Joey Anderson - DNP (upper-body) in #14 Minnesota-Duluth's 3-2 loss at Miami

Sunday's OHL Activity:
Michael McLeod - 1 goal, 1 assist, +2, 4 PIM (hook, high-stick), 6 shots, 2nd star in Mississauga's 3-1 win vs. Niagara

Evan Cormier - win, stopped 33 of 34 shots, 2nd star in Saginaw's 3-1 win vs. Erie

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I can't wait for Boqvist is come back, I don't think people realized how impressive he looked as a center at the summer showcase. He will be terrible on faceoffs but his playmaking in the offensive zone looked excellent. I believe Zetterlund through play in the SHL and against peers, will also be on the team.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
concussion?

IDK. I've only seen UM-D injuries reported as upper or lower body.

While the injuries to Roth and Exell are a step backward in the health department, Bulldogs fans should be encouraged that sophomore wing Joey Anderson and freshman wing Nick Swaney both skated last week with the team in practice, even if it was in a limited fashion. We’ll know more about their recovery on Wednesday next week.

Postgame: Lack Of Bodies Draining Bulldogs, Who Lost 3-2 Saturday In Miami

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
News on Jesper Boqvist from Yesterday.
It's google translate from Swedish to English so the reason why some sentences or words don't sound 100% correct. If you want a source I got it.

Boqvist Against Comeback - Dreaming About JVM: "Do not Hope It Should Be Run"Posted on Yesterday 12:56 by Carl-Oscar LysanderBrynäs Jesper Boqvist broke his wrist shortly before the SHL premiere. But now the comeback is approaching and the dream of JVM lives to the highest extent.- It feels good, it does not take long, says Boqvist to hockeysverige.se.With JVM in Buffalo just over a month away, time is for Brynäs forwarden Jesper Boqvist. The talent that broke the wrist in connection with a match in CHL against Helsinki on September 1 is now starting to look like comeback.- I've been running club and puck for a while and drove on. The idea is that I will start with the game during this week. Then we'll see how they go then, but the feeling is that it will not be a long time before I'm back, says Boqvist.One of his big goals with the season has been to take a seat in Tomas Montenegro's JVM squad. But the long injury has made his involvement uncertain, but it has not changed his goal."It has been one of the major goals of the season, but it is difficult to assess the possibilities after the injury. I do not hope it should be completely run and when I come back, it is important to show that I'm so good that they have to join me in the team.CALL FROM MONTÉNFrom the federal leadership there seems to be an interest in joining Boqvist in the team. Before the last tournament in Russia, Boqvist received a call from Tomas Montén.- He wanted to check how the situation was and ask me to apply for a visa. But it was never up to date because I had a bit left for comeback, says Boqvist.In addition to Jesper Boqvist, the right-wing back and two-year-younger brother Adam Boqvist have been involved in the JVM squad. Getting the chance to play with him is another driving force."It was not quite wrong, it would definitely have been an experience to play with him."A TUFF START"To showcase in a national team will be difficult for Boqvist as no more tournament is played before the final preparation camp. Therefore, it is important to prove that he deserves a place through games in SHL.- Unfortunately, it is not. They usually take out a bigger squad since two or three men go home before the tournament begins. I'm doing so well in Brynäs that they give me the chance and can not take me away.From the side he has seen his Brynäs go through a heavy period, although the points have started to roll in, you are still in a qualifying position. Something that is yet another driving force for Boqvist."It was a tough start for the season and our requirements do not match our table position. But the feeling is that it is in the right direction and you would like to come in and help, says Boqvist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad