Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I was never a fan of Barzal either. If he pans out in the pros (debateable), he'll probably turn out to be Scott Gomez. Could be a useful player, but not a top 5 prospect in the world like most people have him. He was still a great pick where the Isles took him, I just don't see him being an all-star player. I'm still concerned that he plays way too much of a finesse game and doesn't have a ton of qualities that will translate to the next level.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Fans fall in love with him skating around in circles waiting and waiting for passing lanes but that won't translate to the NHL, he's a perimeter player that holds onto the puck too long.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Gignac has N/S speed, E/W speed, excellent mitts and passing ability. If he can really develop that shot, I mean turn it into a strength he maybe the only prospect NJ has with true first line ability. The cycle game is most likely weak as well, that will have to shift but that is the case for all small players.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Gignac has N/S speed, E/W speed, excellent mitts and passing ability. If he can really develop that shot, I mean turn it into a strength he maybe the only prospect NJ has with true first line ability. The cycle game is most likely weak as well, that will have to shift but that is the case for all small players.

He's fast but also a strong skater.
Good to hear talk on an actual Devils prospect after all the barzal posts.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I don't get how people can think he won't be good for us.

Hasn't put up huge numbers. Coaches and scouts seem to like him a lot. I don't think he'll be flashy but I think he'll be a very reliable 'glue' type. I'm excited to see him progress.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Hasn't put up huge numbers. Coaches and scouts seem to like him a lot. I don't think he'll be flashy but I think he'll be a very reliable 'glue' type. I'm excited to see him progress.

Over a ppg and his team leader last year. He was a 3rd rounder, anything more then that would be fairly ridiculous.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Agreed on this.

I'm expecting (more like hoping) for him to be a 30-50 point forward who can play in all situations. Similar role to Stempniak, but hopefully he plays for far less teams. :nod:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
both Gignac and Bastian will be AHL eligible next year. Do we expect either, or possibly both.

Add Speers too.

The RW's are coming!!! The RW's are coming!!!

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Agreed on this.

I'm expecting (more like hoping) for him to be a 30-50 point forward who can play in all situations. Similar role to Stempniak, but hopefully he plays for far less teams. :nod:

I'd love for our prospects to develop, stay, and produce in whatever roles they're needed for. I wonder how a Wood-McLeod-Speers 3rd line might work out.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
both Gignac and Bastian will be AHL eligible next year. Do we expect either, or possibly both.

Add Speers too.

The RW's are coming!!! The RW's are coming!!!

Gignac is very interesting and could be another Castron 'find'. But, isn't he a C/LW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad