Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
In the lineup tonight, all indications are he has made the team. Incredible

That would be awesome. I won't fully celebrate until I know for sure because I hate being disappointed after getting excited, but I really hope he made the team. It sounds like he totally earned the opportunity to participate in the tournament.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So is there anything to Baddock having already surpassed his career high in both goals and assists?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
So is there anything to Baddock having already surpassed his career high in both goals and assists?

Over-agers naturally tend to put up more points in the league, simply by way of more experience and more developed bodies. Add in that Baddock's enormous compared to most 16-17-18 year olds, and you'd expect him to flourish a bit.

But without having seen him play at all, I can say whether he's had some latent skill (a lá Thomson) that is only now being given a chance to shine through, or if he's simply been getting way more minutes and time with better players now that he's a big monster of a man who's had a lot of experience in the league. Probably a little of both, but that's just a guess on my part.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Over-agers naturally tend to put up more points in the league, simply by way of more experience and more developed bodies. Add in that Baddock's enormous compared to most 16-17-18 year olds, and you'd expect him to flourish a bit.

But without having seen him play at all, I can say whether he's had some latent skill (a lá Thomson) that is only now being given a chance to shine through, or if he's simply been getting way more minutes and time with better players now that he's a big monster of a man who's had a lot of experience in the league. Probably a little of both, but that's just a guess on my part.
ya and he was older then much of his class already, turns 20 in March. Q turns 19 in April.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Wish Kuja and Kerfy weren't injured. They were playing great before their injuries.

Edit: Q being < 1 PPG is a little alarming to me.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Anyone have an idea about what's going on with Dudek? I mean he's certainly a project, but I was expecting better numbers from the kid in juniors after he had a decent development camp. He has 4 goals and an assist through 20+ games. He's being out produced by several players on his team that were undrafted, his age, and a couple are even younger than him.

Maybe he's just translating from prep to the ushl? Still a little alarming, even if it was a late round pick.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Dudek was a late pick. He was never really a very promising prospect, he was an unknown with some reasons for a little optimism. He just moved from playing in the USPHL in New England to the USHL in Iowa and it hasn't exactly been a smooth transition. He may fizzle out before he even gets to college. That's just how these late picks work some times.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Pearson, Lemieux/Barbashev, Boucher, and Duclair.

Imagine if that was our forward prospects :laugh:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Personally I think the calls for Brendan lemieux over q are too soon, we don't even know how q or lemieux are gonna turn out.

Also why was duclair flagged by multiple scouts again? Hotheaded and tough to coach or something? Im a little biased and don't like him, but its probably bc he's a ranger

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Also why was duclair flagged by multiple scouts again? Hotheaded and tough to coach or something? Im a little biased and don't like him, but its probably bc he's a ranger

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/mckenzie-the-fascinating-story-of-rangers-forward-duclair-1.105742

What happened?

Well, he had a draft year from hell, dealing with injury, inconsistency and questions about his attitude and coachability.

There were questions about his attitude and a one-game team suspension (along with Adam Erne) imposed by then Quebec GM-coach Patrick Roy didn’t help Duclair’s reputation with the scouts, who were filing reports that looked like this:

“We thought he was selfish with too much ‘me’ and not enough ‘we’ in his game, plus he played careful. He didn’t want to pay the price against tough competition but lit up weak teams.â€

The exclamation point on a really difficult draft year was that even when Roy left Quebec to become the head coach and dominant voice of the Colorado Avalanche, he didn’t use his influence for the Avs to take Duclair in the second round (Colorado took Chris Bigras 32nd overall) or even the third (goalie Spencer Martin 63rd overall was Colorado’s choice).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad