Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Hard to say...His family obviously putsa very high value on education.... that is the reason he is at Nobles this year in the first place.

I'm sure his family will push him with an education first mentality and you can't blame them for that.

That actually might be in our favor, Lou is a HUGE advocate of players getting their education so we know him and the Wood family is on the same page, also it seems the father Randy is interested in his son developing properly as a player and there are few better places if any at all for a young prospect to develop his game than the New Jersey Devils.

GhostofKenKlee

Hard to say...His family obviously putsa very high value on education.... that is the reason he is at Nobles this year in the first place.

I'm sure his family will push him with an education first mentality and you can't blame them for that.

I know people in my family that use sports to get degrees. However, to paraphrase Coach Thompson regarding Iverson leaving college: If he has to think about it, maybe he shouldn't be in college to begin with.

I do know if the goal is to become a pro, that window is only open for certain for so long. Whatever it is, it's nice to see Devils prospects/greenshoots.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
What's the loophole exactly? It's not so much playing four years in college, but the time removed from his draft year, correct?

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
What's the loophole exactly? It's not so much playing four years in college, but the time removed from his draft year, correct?

A team has to sign a player within a certain number of years of drafting him. The reason it comes up with college players is they often remain unsigned longer as they would have to leave school if signing a contract, and you can continue playing in college at a much later age than juniors.

Hopefully Wood feels ready to go pro before that point. It would be a brilliant pick if he turns into anything.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Is Miles Wood on track to play at BC for 15-16? If so, doesn't that mean if Santini sticks around they'll play at least the one season together?

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Santini is ready (defensively atleast) to play in the NHL now.. Hes really good

There will be space next season, assuming Sal and Zids are gone. That would leave Greene and five kids, though. I'm okay with that. It's not like we'll be competing for anything. Toss 'em in and let 'em learn. I wouldn't be surprised if Lou brings a mid-level vet in, however. Especially if Santini goes back to school.

In 3-5 years our D could be stellar from top to bottom.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Santini comparisons are hard...mainly because he can skate like a two way defender but is primarily a stay home guy.

He skates very well, excellent hitter, very sound defender...I've seen him a few times last season and he seems to pass well and has a decent shot but he is 100% defense first.

My first instinct is to compare him to younger Mike Greene, maybe a younger Regehr... but I think he is more than that personally. I think he has more overall skill than those players.

I don't know?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Anyone have an NHL comparison to Santini? How are his attributes when compared to those of our other younger defensemen?

Really hard to compare.. Hes a really good defensive dman, who is a very good skater with it. Big hitter, very solid defensively, has great character, is a leader as well

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
Santini comparisons are hard...mainly because he can skate like a two way defender but is primarily a stay home guy.

He skates very well, excellent hitter, very sound defender...I've seen him a few times last season and he seems to pass well and has a decent shot but he is 100% defense first.

My first instinct is to compare him to younger Mike Greene, maybe a younger Regehr... but I think he is more than that personally. I think he has more overall skill than those players.

I don't know?

Matt Greene for the kings you mean?

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Anyone have an NHL comparison to Santini? How are his attributes when compared to those of our other younger defensemen?

Physical, Positioning, Skating. Those are his three top assets. He reminds me of a more physical, but less offensive-minded McDonagh. Also not as fast as McDonagh, but his skating is smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad