Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Looks like Kujawinski's injured again. Hasn't played a game since December 5th. He had 6 points in his last 5 games (which includes 2 scoreless games) before he went down.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Article about Miles Wood and USA WJC: http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=34921

Interesting quote/part about Santini too:

"Wood, who was drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the fourth round (No. 100) in 2013, didn't know anyone before he arrived at evaluation camp other than defenseman Steve Santini. The fellow Devils 2013 NHL Draft pick, who's already at Boston College, has helped ease Wood into the group. "He's kind of taken me with him along this whole thing. [He said] just play your own game, have fun with it and soak it all in," Wood said."

Seem's like he's really taking on a leadership role with Team USA and overall. I'm really excited to see him at the pro level.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm excited to see Santini play in the WJC...hopefully he will be able to overcome any rust after the long layoff.

Still think the fact that Wood is even in that camp is huge news.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm excited to see Santini play in the WJC...hopefully he will be able to overcome any rust after the long layoff.

Still think the fact that Wood is even in that camp is huge news.

No doubt, Woods looks like a potential draft steal. Still concerned about these extra years of HS, and how that plays into our ability to sign him.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Lots of talk that as long as Santini makes the team, he will likely be the Team USA Captain. Wood is probably a long shot to make the club but if he has a very good few days of the evaluation camp, he could have a shot.

Santini could be our future Scott Stevens and I'm really excited about the kid (even if he did grow up a Rangers fan).

elindholm

Jun 3, 2013
No doubt, Woods looks like a potential draft steal. Still concerned about these extra years of HS, and how that plays into our ability to sign him.

Ever wonder if Lou does a lil arm twisting (enhanced encouragement) to the committee that selects players?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Ever wonder if Lou does a lil arm twisting (enhanced encouragement) to the committee that selects players?

It is the opposite I believe...Team USA is driving and Lou is watching. That is how some of those picks get made...said player is on Team USA's radar so the Devils are interested.

Lou was always dialed into Team USA and the Devils have a history of grabbing kids out of the development program....Right now, in the system look how many players have been a part of Team USA...Most if not ALL of these kids were part of Team USA Before they became Devil Property

2014 Entry 71 3 Connor Chatham U.S. National Development Team
2013 Entry 42 2 Steven Santini D U.S. National Development Team
2012 Entry 29 1 Stefan Matteau F U.S. National Development Team
2012 Entry 90 3 Ben Johnson L U.S. National Development Team
2011 Entry 99 4 Reid Boucher L U.S. National Development Team
2011 Entry 129 5 Blake Pietila F U.S. National Development Team
2010 Entry 38 2 Jon Merrill D U.S. National Development Team
2008 Entry 172 6 David Wohlberg C US National Under 18 Team

Last edited:

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

Let's hope that he and Santini bond enough as BC boys and then Wood's more comfortable coming to NJD.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Let's hope that he and Santini bond enough as BC boys and then Wood's more comfortable coming to NJD.

There's a chance they never play a game together in their life. :sarcasm: I think realistically Santini will stay 1 more season and will be in the NHL in 2016.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
The Wednesday Recap

Kuja still out.
Chatham still out.
BB with a goal. 21 p in 35 g
Miles Wood on 6th line - Favorite to be cut; Season stats 8 p in 4 g
Santini working out in non contact drills

GhostofKenKlee

Baddock is going to be a Devil when goons are back in vogue in a few seasons.

I would love a player in the mold of a rick tocchet, a better bigger version of Clarkson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad