Pre-Game Talk: Chicago vs. St. Louis - 01.22.13 - Home Opener! - 7:30 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I may as well look into tickets tonight. Easy 45-minute drive for me and don't have anything important tomorrow. Usually do go to the home opener.

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
I've hated the Blues fan base for the better part of two decades, hopefully no incidences tonight. Last time we were at Scottrade, one of the guys we were with got shoved around in the concourse while none of us were around. They got a gritty young team with a few idiots. Kinda fits St. Louis to a tee.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
To me the Blues has surpassed the Canucks as my most loathed team. Everything about them from the players on the team, the fans, and the city annoy the living hell out of me.

That being said it will be a tough game, but one that can be pulled out if Crawford decides to come and play a position called goalie, which he only occasionally seems to be up to the task for.

Yep, their fans are arrogant, they force other teams to play AHL style hockey by hitting everything in sight while clogging their blue line, every prospect of theirs is a god, and they're a guaranteed cup contender.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I've hated the Blues fan base for the better part of two decades, hopefully no incidences tonight. Last time we were at Scottrade, one of the guys we were with got shoved around in the concourse while none of us were around. They got a gritty young team with a few idiots. Kinda fits St. Louis to a tee.

Yeah, but you would think their fans are saints when you talk to them or look at their board though.

I would like to add we have our share of idiots as well, but not to their level from what I have seen.

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yeah, but you would think their fans are saints when you talk to them or look at their board though.

To be fair, there are nice fans from St. Louis and I would expect some of them to be on this board. It's the case of a few idiots that ruin it for everyone. They have a lot of them though.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
To be fair, there are nice fans from St. Louis and I would expect some of them to be on this board. It's the case of a few idiots that ruin it for everyone. They have a lot of them though.

Yeah, I agree. That is why I edited my post (obviously not before you quote me, though).

It is great though. Sports would not be as much fun if there no teams/players/fans to hate.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Is this a national broadcast, anyone know? Im in Indianapolis tonight, trying to figure out how I'll get the game.

HawkeyLife07

Dec 23, 2010
Checked the schedule on the Blackhawks app when the schedule came out and was ready for our home opener this Wednesday. Wasn't until this morning that I realized the app was wrong and they play today. GREAT surprise!

Let's go boys, bury the Blues.

4-3 OTW.

Goals to:

Shaw, Toews, Hossa, Seabrook

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
To me the Blues has surpassed the Canucks as my most loathed team. Everything about them from the players on the team, the fans, and the city annoy the living hell out of me.

That being said it will be a tough game, but one that can be pulled out if Crawford decides to come and play a position called goalie, which he only occasionally seems to be up to the task for.

Aww! Special K, where's the love? Good luck. Should be a good game.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Aside from CC being on his game tonight if we have any chance of winning,the OTHER BIG REQUIREMENT is a REQUIRED much better performance from the $11.3 MILLION cap hit numero uno D-pair combo...After 2GP both are -1 ,Seabrook has only 1A,Keith has NO POINTS ---Keith has just 2 shots on goal and Seabrook just 1 shot on goal--and so I ask: THIS is giving us our money's worth? THis is "impacting" and/or "difference-making"? This is affecting any way shape or form the 11 goals in2GP we have as a team offense? This is an "active defense" moving up into the play? This is suffocating "shutdown" D which with our clearly effectie offense ought to make them more like +3 guys instead of -1 guys? In short-ARE they going to show up and play like they are worth those big bucks ,OR merely do the minimum required while counting the balances in their fat bank accounts? TIME for our top pair D-men to SHOW UP and IMPACT the game not just leisurely watch things develop and kill the clock ---DO SOMETHING to justify those big $$$ paid as our top 2 D-men! Yes we won 2 games-but HARDLY because they had much to do with it...So far,P-poor,or at best MEDIOCRE NON-IMPACT from them ...(weel we gotta have some whipping boys,don't we--even after 2 wins --but after 2 mulligams time they SHOWED UP and played to the level we expect for that big wad of $$$ paid them... also NEVER going to scoremuch if you don't fire away on net and do not actively ATTACK from the back- end --obviously these 2 do not subscribe to the Erik Karlsson handbook for impacting a game by being "active" and attacking,or if they wish to do the opposite and stay back and only react, then do not turn pucks over ,do not commit failures to clear,focus on proper positioning and where the puck is and s liklely to go,and do notreact too late...whether attacking or defending ,do it with enthusiasm ,not just another day another job to endure with laclustre minimum effort and clock punching as if doing just enough not to hurt the team too much is
justifying the $$$ outlay and "reputation" will suffice---NO --at some point you gotta IMPACT and be a difference-maker --passing the buck to the forwards to win games "big" so that your own miniscule contribution gets overlooked is a dangerous reliance-- people WILL NOTICE ---so even after 2 wins without much help from 2 and 7,I'm already calling them out to bring their"A" games tonight- another mediocre "C" game from each of them simply willnot suffice...

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
Aside from CC being on his game tonight if we have any chance of winning,the OTHER BIG REQUIREMENT is a REQUIRED much better performance from the $11.3 MILLION cap hit numero uno D-pair combo...After 2GP both are -1 ,Seabrook has only 1A,Keith has NO POINTS ---Keith has just 2 shots on goal and Seabrook just 1 shot on goal--and so I ask: THIS is giving us our money's worth? THis is "impacting" and/or "difference-making"? This is affecting any way shape or form the 11 goals in2GP we have as a team offense? This is an "active defense" moving up into the play? This is suffocating "shutdown" D which with our clearly effectie offense ought to make them more like +3 guys instead of -1 guys? In short-ARE they going to show up and play like they are worth those big bucks ,OR merely do the minimum required while counting the balances in their fat bank accounts? TIME for our top pair D-men to SHOW UP and IMPACT the game not just leisurely watch things develop and kill the clock ---DO SOMETHING to justify those big $$$ paid as our top 2 D-men! Yes we won 2 games-but HARDLY because they had much to do with it...So far,P-poor,or at best MEDIOCRE NON-IMPACT from them ...(weel we gotta have some whipping boys,don't we--even after 2 wins --but after 2 mulligams time they SHOWED UP and played to the level we expect for that big wad of $$$ paid them... also NEVER going to scoremuch if you don't fire away on net and do not actively ATTACK from the back- end --obviously these 2 do not subscribe to the Erik Karlsson handbook for impacting a game by being "active" and attacking,or if they wish to do the opposite and stay back and only react, then do not turn pucks over ,do not commit failures to clear,focus on proper positioning and where the puck is and s liklely to go,and do notreact too late...whether attacking or defending ,do it with enthusiasm ,not just another day another job to endure with laclustre minimum effort and clock punching as if doing just enough not to hurt the team too much is
justifying the $$$ outlay and "reputation" will suffice---NO --at some point you gotta IMPACT and be a difference-maker --passing the buck to the forwards to win games "big" so that your own miniscule contribution gets overlooked is a dangerous reliance-- people WILL NOTICE ---so even after 2 wins without much help from 2 and 7,I'm already calling them out to bring their"A" games tonight- another mediocre "C" game from each of them simply willnot suffice...

WTF is this? This is bad even for you fiddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad