Pre-Game Talk: Chicago vs. St. Louis - 01.22.13 - Home Opener! - 7:30 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
Have to miss it cause I'm working until 5 but for those of you who are interested, 430pm red carpet event with players on the 100 level concourse. I guess below zero temps are too cold to do it outside like usual. So ready for the Madhouse to be rocking tonight.

:yo:

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I've got the same thought process as you. I think our top 6 is superior and scoring potential is higher, but they have better goaltending. Expecting a 3-2 game no matter who wins. Hopefully it's the Hawks!

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hawks play the Blues tough, expect a tough, close game. Think we'll see at least one if not a couple of fights.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Very curious to see which goalie we go against tonight, as they both played ~30 minutes last night. I think Halak was 32 minutes, and 33 + the shootout for Elliot.

Just saw the Blues thread, and they have Elliot as the starter in their GDT... but I do not think that is confirmed after last night, and still going off the Tweet before their game yesterday.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Doesnt get any easier, does it? The toughest 3 games this year and the Hawks just won the first 2 on the road.

St.Louis is definitely better between the pipes. Tarasenko is on a tear. The Hawks better have someone to shut him down but cant forget their secondary scoring either.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Big test for Kruger and Frolik tonight if they get put up against Tarasenko

Though this might be one of those night where Bolland becomes both our #2 and our shutdown center.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Battle between the eventual #1 and #2 teams in the division, in all likelihood.

Let's get off to a good start for the chase for #1!

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
To me the Blues has surpassed the Canucks as my most loathed team. Everything about them from the players on the team, the fans, and the city annoy the living hell out of me.

That being said it will be a tough game, but one that can be pulled out if Crawford decides to come and play a position called goalie, which he only occasionally seems to be up to the task for.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
To me the Blues has surpassed the Canucks as my most loathed team. Everything about them from the players on the team, the fans, and the city annoy the living hell out of me.

That being said it will be a tough game, but one that can be pulled out if Crawford decides to come and play a position called goalie, which he only occasionally seems to be up to the task for.

They've long been my 2nd most hated team. Don't see that changing any time soon.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Wonder if Reaves will be up for his 3rd ass kicking by Bollig. Can't wait for Jackman to punch Kane then go hide behind the refs.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Very curious to see which goalie we go against tonight, as they both played ~30 minutes last night. I think Halak was 32 minutes, and 33 + the shootout for Elliot.

Just saw the Blues thread, and they have Elliot as the starter in their GDT... but I do not think that is confirmed after last night, and still going off the Tweet before their game yesterday.

fwiw, their GDT is saying it's Elliot.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think the game we see could very well depend on their goaltending early on. If it’s solid they will try to tighten it down and play your typical tight checking road game. If we can get one or two early goals, it will surely become wide open giving us a decided edge. It is up to us to dictate the puck possession game. A big test certainly. They are not at home but as per usual they will play chippy, and try to intimidate with physical play. This is the time for Bollig to forget the staged crap and play his enforcer role. I won’t be surprised if he the starts the game or at least sees some action on the first line. Blues played last night, but I don’t see that as much of a factor this early into the season.

Their PP has been on fire, so discipline will be a key factor. We can’t afford to take chinzy penalties. Let them self destruct!

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
If I had to pick a team to win the Cup this season, I would pick the Blues. But the Hawks will be their stiffest test so far. Should be a fun game to watch!

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Didn't realize this was your home opener too. Ouch. An extra days rest and the home opener, I'd say your chances of winning this game are pretty good. Got a feeling it's going to be a wide open game on both sides.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Didn't realize this was your home opener too. Ouch. An extra days rest and the home opener, I'd say your chances of winning this game are pretty good. Got a feeling it's going to be a wide open game on both sides.

It's the Hawks 3rd game in 4 days and they traveled 2000 miles across the country. That's not exactly well rested.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I had to go back to school last night because I had a lab this morning, so I'm going to be in a car for about 6 hours today. Totally worth it. Ticket was only $60 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad