Injury Report: Chiarot cleared to play, Postma on IR (Little, Perreault and Buff all healthy)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Little in non-contact jersey

Buff is out there

Sara Orlesky ‏@saraorlesky 10m10 minutes ago

Dustin Byfuglien is on the ice for #NHLJets practice. No Enstrom, Ladd, Wheeler, Scheifele, Thorburn, Myers, Stafford

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Just heard on the radio that Buff is taking the regular practice in the red D jersey and Little is in an orange jersey (whatever orange means)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Just heard on the radio that Buff is taking the regular practice in the red D jersey and Little is in an orange jersey (whatever orange means)

It means if you hit him you get sent to the minors ;)

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@WiebeSunSports: #NHLJets HC Paul Maurice said Dustin Byfuglien won't play tonight, was possible for Sat vs #Caps but more likely for the road trip

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I could be mistaken, but it sure seems like the Jets are particularly "soft" when dealing with injuries. My take is, if there is any way you can play, you're playing. Players get hurt constantly. A guy might be nursing a bad arm, first game back, injures his leg. Thats just the way it is.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Every injury is different. Ladd hasn't practiced for a while. Whatever he's dealing with is something they are confident he can play through. If the team dresses Buff and Little, and they can't play through it, then the team is short a forward and a defense.

We have no idea exactly what they are dealing with and it's wrong to jump to any conclusions.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
What are you attempting to communicate with that? I'm suggesting that if your top guys can play, then they should be in the lineup, particularly in critical games.

I would not rush anyone back, before they are ready. If players get the green light which not 100%, there is always a good chance they will aggravate the injury, or injure another part of their body.

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If this was a do or die game you would see a few of these players playing. But it's not, so I like the move of getting them as close 100% as possible for the playoff run.

Jets2014

Feb 8, 2014
I would not rush anyone back, before they are ready. If players get the green light which not 100%, there is always a good chance they will aggravate the injury, or injure another part of their body.

If the top guys could play they would be playing and would certainly be playing with some pain. They are not going to risk bringing anyone back early if the risk is an injury that will take them out the rest of the year.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If the top guys could play they would be playing and would certainly be playing with some pain. They are not going to risk bringing anyone back early if the risk is an injury that will take them out the rest of the year.

Not really much of a debate. All players want to play and will do so as soon as they get medical clearance and the coach puts them into the lineup. Bottom line...players don't hold themselves out, and the organization doesn't play them until they are healthy enough.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I would suggest that a couple of guys (at least Little) WOULD be playing if the Jets hadn't just won three straight. This isn't just a matter of making 100% recoveries, its partially PM wanting to maintain his lineup. Hopefully he isn't making a mistake.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I would suggest that a couple of guys (at least Little) WOULD be playing if the Jets hadn't just won three straight. This isn't just a matter of making 100% recoveries, its partially PM wanting to maintain his lineup. Hopefully he isn't making a mistake.

Do you really think that Maurice would sit his 1C if he was available? I find that incredibly hard to believe. Like: it's not believable at all. Same goes for Buff, Perreault, and Chiarot. They would all make us a better team - there's no way they sit if they're ready.

On the other hand, they may not RUSH them. There's a difference.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

No way. If Little was ready he'd be in the lineup. He is the best center on the team. Maurice played O'Dell 4+ minutes last game, are you telling us that the Jets are holding their #1 center to not disrupt the team?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

That really is a far fetched theory. Really :shakehead

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Actually I think he's got a point in his theory.

Not a chance. It's ridiculous. If Little comes back early and takes one hard hit and then he's out again with no chance of coming back soon. Bottom line he didn't get clearance to play and Maurice is not taking that chance which is the right choice.

If he was ready to go he would be in.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
And what point is that? Maurice would rather play his 4th line 4 minutes then burden the lineup with their #1 Center, a top 6 winger and their best defenseman?

The point is that if the Jets had lost their last two games, we'd be on life support now, the sense of urgency would be much higher. But now Maurice can afford to rest the borderline ready guys like Buff and Little a few more games. Maurice would never admit it, but I'm sure that's factoring into his decision.

Edit: Guys on TSN 1290 just agreed with this theory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad