Injury Report: Chiarot cleared to play, Postma on IR (Little, Perreault and Buff all healthy)

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
What makes you think Harrison is above Chiarot on the depth chart?

Ben was playing huge minutes before his injury... Harrison was not.

more educated guess than fact.

i think it's no coincidence he came off IR right when Toby was injured. i'm guessing he was good to go earlier than today.

i also think that PoMo trusts his vet Harrison a lot more than his rookie in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time Chiarot. so much so that i wouldn't be overly shocked to not see Chiarot on the jets come next season, considering that Morrissey may be ready, plus Postma's a RFA, plus Clitsome coming back, plus Pardy possibly being back.

and trust me, i like Chiarot.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
more educated guess than fact.

i think it's no coincidence he came off IR right when Toby was injured. i'm guessing he was good to go earlier than today.

i also think that PoMo trusts his vet Harrison a lot more than his rookie in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time Chiarot. so much so that i wouldn't be overly shocked to not see Chiarot on the jets come next season, considering that Morrissey may be ready, plus Postma's a RFA, plus Clitsome coming back, plus Pardy possibly being back.

and trust me, i like Chiarot.

If Chiarot isn't on the Jets next season he will be with another organization. Can't see him passing through waivers. IMO the Jets won't risk their future over Pardy or Harrison. Also Morrissey is waiver exempt so there is no risk moving him up or down. IMO if you don't have a spot for Chiarot the only thing that makes sense is to trade him otherwise you lose him for nothing. After all, big young defenseman that have shown they belong are highly sought after around the league.

jetkarma*

Agreed. I've been assuming Chiarot gets back into the lineup when healthy.

To me it's probably rust or no time for getting reacclimated.

Long term he does imo , short term , not so sure unless it's injury related.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I thought the same thing- seems like Toby has a loose shoulder. Depending on the severity of the dislocation( any soft tissue or ligament damage) this can be minor. So there is at least hope that the day to day prediction is factual.
I for one am not holding my breath- I see the Chariot release from IR as the stop gap for Enstrom being more injured than currently reported.
Hope not... but this injury bug the Jets have is quite formidable.:(

I thought it was his shoulder the way he hit the ice. And I can say from experience that there is no such thing as a "minor" dislocated shoulder. It is very painful.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Was anything said about Perreault in the post-game comments? I didn't catch anything.

Also, wonder if they'll play Enstrom on Saturday or let him rest further?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I haven't heard anything on Perreault yet.

If I were the Jets, I'd rest absolutely anyone who's even the slightest bit beat up: Little, Enstrom, Perreault, etc, etc. Let the 'black aces' who've been hanging with the team get some ice time, let and get some well needed R&R for those sitting out.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I haven't heard anything on Perreault yet.

If I were the Jets, I'd rest absolutely anyone who's even the slightest bit beat up: Little, Enstrom, Perreault, etc, etc. Let the 'black aces' who've been hanging with the team get some ice time, let and get some well needed R&R for those sitting out.

I'd rest Enstrom, Stuart, Wheeler, Perreault
I'd play Buff and Trouba big minutes and Myers small minutes. Put Buff back with Chiarot as first pairing.
Not sure about Little--if he is feeling good I wouldn't mind seeing LLF play together to see if they could rediscover their offensive mojo
Where is Postma at?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'd play Buff and Trouba big minutes and Myers small minutes. Put Buff back with Chiarot as first pairing.
Not sure about Little--if he is feeling good I wouldn't mind seeing LLF play together to see if they could rediscover their offensive mojo
Where is Postma at?

Trouba has had a lot of maintenance days as well. But I guess we do have to dress 6 D.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Would like to hear about Perreault. Agree with resting any of the banged up guys. Really want to see Copp in the lineup.

Also, was it just me or did Myers look exhausted last night? 27 minutes is a lot, but he just looked absolutely spent at the end.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Would like to hear about Perreault. Agree with resting any of the banged up guys. Really want to see Copp in the lineup.

Also, was it just me or did Myers look exhausted last night? 27 minutes is a lot, but he just looked absolutely spent at the end.

Yeah I saw a bit of that too. Great timing for BeastmodeTrouba to come out and play.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Where is Postma at?

Meyers should be rested as well, give Pavs a game off with Helly backing up Hutch who should get the start.

O'Dell, Hali, Peluso, Galiardi, Ellerby, Copp, all still here did I miss anyone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad