Confirmed Trade: [CHI/OTT] Ville Pokka for Chris DiDomenico

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Didomencio has 6 goals, 10 points in 24 games. Wonder why he keeps getting waived or traded for nothing. You could do alot worse than him in your bottom six production wise.

Reactions: derriko and BHD

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
To echo what other Sens fans have said, DiDomenico was good here. It was surprising that he was waived given his production and state of the team. That said, his departure doesn't affect things one way or another.

What's Pokka's story? Any potential as a NHL regular?

Dido is an upcoming UFA. It's possible both sides didn't agree on numbers. It's also possible that the Senators felt Gaborik made Didomenico expendable. It's been talked about how the Senators call up certain guys when there are injuries based on who the hurt player is. So if a grinder type gets hurt, it would be McCormick who is called up, a top 6 skilled guy that gets hurt, then DidoMenico.

I'd guess that Gaborik is probably pencilled in as part of our lineup going forward, so it presented an opportunity to flip DidoMenico for Pokka who as a RD players a position we badly need to accrue depth in.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Didomencio has 6 goals, 10 points in 24 games. Wonder why he keeps getting waived or traded for nothing. You could do alot worse than him in your bottom six production wise.

It's a small sample size.

He's a good enough passer with vision to make the occasional good choice on the powerplay. He's the type of guy who can't use all his skills at the speed of the NHL and isn't all that good defensively. I am racking my mind trying to remember how he scored those goals. I guess I have just been drifting off too much while watching Sens games the last few weeks, falling asleep during games, I am trying to emulate the players on the ice I guess.

I think the most noticeable thing about him for me, is that he's not completely out of place on a 2nd unit PP. Don't mistake that as me saying he is great, but you can put him there and he won't make a fool of himself and will occasionally make a good play.

I will be surprised if he sticks in the NHL. I think his 20 goal pace is just the consequence of a small sample size.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
A year and a half ago, this would have been such a steal for the Sens.

Wonder if Pokka can regain the potential he once had

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
There was a time I would have bet my house Pokka would have been a really good 2nd pairing NHL Defensman.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
More AHL depth for Belleville with Harpur being a full time NHLer now I'd say. Had 1 too many forwards so easy swap.
I dig it. If Pokka reaches any NHL caliber this is a win.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Nice. Good to hear Pokka can’t skate. So Ottawa trades Phaneuf who can’t skate for Gaborik that can’t skate, and then trades a decent skater for another bad skater.

Is this the dead puck era?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Nice. Good to hear Pokka can’t skate. So Ottawa trades Phaneuf who can’t skate for Gaborik that can’t skate, and then trades a decent skater for another bad skater.

Is this the dead puck era?

There’s also Ben Harpur who is replacing Phaneuf, he isn’t exactly the the fleetest of foot. Dido was more on the slow end too. Not that I’ve seen a lot of Gaborik lately but I am pretty comfortable saying he has more speed than Dido did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad