Confirmed Trade: [CHI/OTT] Ville Pokka for Chris DiDomenico

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I was going to say "I wonder why he has been waived 3 times, his production looks decent" and then I realized he was 28...yeah, that makes sense :laugh:

AHLer for AHLer swap as far as I can tell.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I was going to say "I wonder why he has been waived 3 times, his production looks decent" and then I realized he was 28...yeah, that makes sense :laugh:

AHLer for AHLer swap as far as I can tell.
What does his age have to do with anything.

Reactions: Morrison

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Huh.... hard to really have a reaction, to be honest. Pokka was a guy that we've been hoping to crack the roster for a while now, but it just never looked like it was in the cards.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Dido is a surpringly effective player. Has nothing but hockey sense, but he can be a decent piece on a scoring 3rd line.

Pokka gets a try out in Phaneuf’s spot.

Win-Win I’d say.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Huh.... hard to really have a reaction, to be honest. Pokka was a guy that we've been hoping to crack the roster for a while now, but it just never looked like it was in the cards.

Pretty telling if he couldn't crack the hawks trash defense. Not like he was blocked by impact players

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Pokka doesnt have the footspeed for NHL. If he can develop it, he can be solid 3rd pairing guy.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Gotta think this is Ville Pokka's last shot in the NHL before he fully enters the bust catagory

He's got a shot in Ottawa. Karlsson, Ceci, Wideman, Jaros is our RHD depth. Pokka is probably ahead of Jaros at least in the short term and Wideman is a UFA who has absolutely no reason to re-sign here.

Granted, Guy Boucher has played guys like Chabot on their offside because of his "the system" where he wanted puck movers on the right side and the sand paper guys who can step up on the left side. This was regardless of handedness. But it seems like Boucher has abandoned this for the most part recently or at least cut back big time.

Reactions: BigRig4

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
To echo what other Sens fans have said, DiDomenico was good here. It was surprising that he was waived given his production and state of the team. That said, his departure doesn't affect things one way or another.

What's Pokka's story? Any potential as a NHL regular?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It's definitely surprising Pokka isn't even a bottom pairing guy at this point. When he was drafted he was solid in Finland, just never took the next step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad