Pre-Game Talk: Chi @ nyr 8:00 pm nbcsn 2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I hate NBC broadcasts so much.

Doc, Pierre, Keith, Milbury. Fantastic Four.
8:20PM start time -> 10:30+ finish.
Pointless and generic coach interviews.
Hearing Pierre name every single NCAA and Junior team represented.

The Fantastic Four? I call them "The Four Worseman"

Roenick is the only one I can stand, which is weird since he's a long-time Flyer

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
For the love of God tell me Eddie Olczyk isn't doing this one lol

Bite your tongue! Eddie Olczyk is a color comentaey legend. When he says "forehand, backhand" it reminds me of a simpler time when hockey was just hockey not the spectacle we have today. I don't care if he says "forehand, backhand" up to 20 times a game because each "forehand, backhand" is a crescendo of pure NHL greatness on top of the previous one.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The Fantastic Four? I call them "The Four Worseman"

Roenick is the only one I can stand, which is weird since he's a long-time Flyer

125i3rs.png

Let's go Rangers!

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006

Eh JR will always be a Blackhawk to me. I like him because he's honest and passionate. He's a tool sometimes but it comes from a good place, plus he's funny.

I actually enjoy Milbury sometimes just to watch him fight with other commentators.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Eh JR will always be a Blackhawk to me. I like him because he's honest and passionate. He's a tool sometimes but it comes from a good place, plus he's funny.

I actually enjoy Milbury sometimes just to watch him fight with other commentators.

JR is def a Blackhawk, and I do appreciate his honesty when he's on NBC. I'm actually surprised NBC keeps him when he doesn't completely follow their homogenous white wash of the analysis in the same manner as the professional suck ass Pierre McGuire.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Right now they're having really good luck. Can't last forever

Yeah no they're not having "really good luck". The scaling on this graph shows the Rangers having an "above average but not that above average luck"

They're not far out of being in that area and being considered "not lucky and good".

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
We're always going to have a higher PDO with Lundqvist as our goalie (minus his bad 1 month stretch around December-January). Besides, how many goals have we scored lately that would seem "lucky" and inflate our shooting%? We've been playing much better hockey since January 1.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Staal is reported to not be at practice, and no D callup has been made right now.

Wife is giving birth this morning, AV said if she delivers quick enough Staal will play. He was a complete stud last game so hopefully he makes it back and Boyle is scratched.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Wife is giving birth this morning, AV said if she delivers quick enough Staal will play. He was a complete stud last game so hopefully he makes it back and Boyle is scratched.

a complete stud? im not sure id agree with that assessment. but hey, to each his own.

congrats to Marc on the new baby...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad