Pre-Game Talk: Chi @ nyr 8:00 pm nbcsn 2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
8 pm my ass, it'll start by 8:15 if we're lucky, closer to 8:20. It's NBC- they must squeeze in as many commercial breaks once people tune in at 8 for the game but before the puck drops when they'll be limited by the game rules for tv timeouts.

8:01 3 minute game discussion/interview (a long one to draw the viewers in)
8:04 4 minute commercial break
8:08 2 minute game discussion/interview
8:10 4 minute commercial break
8:14 1 minute game discussion/interview
8:15 2 minute commercial break
8:17 Puck drop

6 minutes of discussion for 10 minutes commercials- sounds about right.
That's my guess.
Once in the car stuck in traffic I timed how many commercials WFAN radio plays in between the babble from mike fransesca...8 minutes of mike F babbling and 10 straight minutes of commercials...mind boggling:shakehead

Vickers8

Once in the car stuck in traffic I timed how many commercials WFAN radio plays in between the babble from mike fransesca...8 minutes of mike F babbling and 10 straight minutes of commercials...mind boggling:shakehead

The commercials are more interesting than fatso

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Please no Chris Summers. Please.

Yeah should honestly be Skjei or Graves. Sure they won't be up long but I think giving guys a quick look every now and then isn't bad. With Summers you know you're going to get a subpar defenseman

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
You guys remember that the games were 7:30 for something like 20 years, right?

7:37 puck drop is fine. In some ways I think the 7 PM starts are too early.

The 8:15 puck drop with what seems like an additional few minutes in between periods, leads to a very late night, when one has to be up at 5:15 in the morning.

There is absolutely no reason for the 8 ish PM start either.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Its not just you. with our national TV games, and games against the Flyers, this is the 6th game in a row that the rangers are on TV for me.

It doesn't suck

Well, we have been EXTREMELY LUCKY with the last few that the NBC games have been Kenny Albert in Pittsburgh and Gord Miller against the Kings. The two recent NHL Network games were the MSG feed.

We haven't had to deal with the screeching schoolgirl and biased nonsense for awhile (save for the Philly game where McDonagh was acting) on national games.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Well, we have been EXTREMELY LUCKY with the last few that the NBC games have been Kenny Albert in Pittsburgh and Gord Miller against the Kings. The two recent NHL Network games were the MSG feed.

We haven't had to deal with the screeching schoolgirl and biased nonsense for awhile (save for the Philly game where McDonagh was acting) on national games.

luckily for me I was there :)

To be honest though, nobody in my section had any idea what happened until someone tweeted about it.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
7:37 puck drop is fine. In some ways I think the 7 PM starts are too early.

The 8:15 puck drop with what seems like an additional few minutes in between periods, leads to a very late night, when one has to be up at 5:15 in the morning.

There is absolutely no reason for the 8 ish PM start either.

7PM for midweek games is great. I can usually get home before 11.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I hate NBC broadcasts so much.

Doc, Pierre, Keith, Milbury. Fantastic Four.
8:20PM start time -> 10:30+ finish.
Pointless and generic coach interviews.
Hearing Pierre name every single NCAA and Junior team represented.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
I noticed if there's a game on NBC/NBCSN, every game that night starts 10 minutes after scheduled time instead of the typical 7 minute trend. I don't recall a "rivalry night game" on Wednesday starting 20 minutes after 8pm.

And I'll agree those 8pm games suck. It's an awkward start time and it ends awkwardly late

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York

I'm with you, but I usually don't mind Pierre too much. Doc and Milbury make me :cry:.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Pierre makes me want to kick puppies and I love dogs. He's one of the absolute worst color guys I have ever heard. He makes me long for Dan Dierdoff, even Peter McNabb or Ed Westfall are more tolerable.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Big night tonight, first game at the new house. The bank told me I had to wait 3 years to sell it, but if the Rangers lose I will let it go back into foreclosure. They wouldn't let me test for hockey curses prior to closing. Typical banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad