Confirmed Trade: [CHI/NYI] Josh Bailey and 2026 2nd round pick for future considerations

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
The Blackhawks dont care, they’re still trying to be bad next year. They just need NHL bodies on short term deals to ice a roster.
Oh trust me man I get it. I wouldn’t care either as a Hawks fan. I’m just saying it’s funny some of the ignorance on here where people are saying he’s gonna be a productive first line guy.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
He should do well in Chicago. Very good hands and vision. Was particularly good at getting the puck off the boards in the D and Neutral zone for a streaking teammate. That should suit Hall and Athanasiou very well.

I don't know much about Bedard's playing style other than he has a great shot. Bailey as a pass first (exclusively) setup man should also do very well there too.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Kinda seems like Chicago is letting the Isles off lightly for a $5M cap dump. Just a 2nd three years from now.
Chicago is in a stage where they are starting to value veteran experience to surround their young guys with. Typically you have to overpay for them when you're not a playoff team.

They signed Foligno for 4M, and would've signed somebody else like that regardless so getting a 2nd isn't bad I suppose.

EDIT: or not, buyout

Last edited:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Chicago is in a stage where they are starting to value veteran experience to surround their young guys with. Typically you have to overpay for them when you're not a playoff team.

They signed Foligno for 4M, and would've signed somebody else like that regardless so getting a 2nd isn't bad I suppose.
They could use the cap space on guys they actually prefer, if they want.

Meanwhile half the league is cap screwed and looking at Chicago to save them. Chicago's just handing out get-out-of-jail free cards. The 2026 2nd is inconsequential to Lou.

Jan 21, 2018
Isles fans are still fuming to this day that Tavares wasn’t loyal to NYI.

How do they feel about uncle Lou wasting a 2nd round pick to dump a loyal player that was happy to play for NYI?

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I like when rebuilding teams weaponize cap space but this doesn't seem like good value?

A 2nd four drafts down the road for 5M cap / 3.5M real dollars.

EDIT: Okay with the buyout, the price makes more sense. Although I still would have wanted a sooner pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ignite111

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Not likely unless Ottawa takes someone like Palms or JGP back.

Varly is basically confirmed to be back at $2.5-$3M. They want Mayfield back. And there's various odds and ends like Wahlstrom RFA contract, another LWer, etc.

Lol Varly gonna come back at 3 mil for 20 games? That will be very very scary if that’s the case

Reactions: Morrison

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I think this is good move for both teams.

Bailey is going to do what he does, and he's good at what he does:

- he's adept at starting fast break-outs from the RW defensive half-wall
- he tends to stay high in the offensive zone, and he's very good at getting passes through to the slot
- he'll score the odd goal, and
- make you wonder why he didn't take that shot, and
- he's John Carlson's nemesis (or one of them, lol)

and, at 7:38 just for kicks (but not Carlson)

Seriously though, he's a good fit to play with Hall and/or Bedard simply because facilitating the games of better players is what he does. And he's a off side RW - he's just not as good playing the left side.

Reactions: CupHolders

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

How do they feel about uncle Lou wasting a 2nd round pick to dump a loyal player that was happy to play for NYI?
There’s about 3 fans who still complain consistently about the Tavares circus and they’re busy wearing beer stained DHGate third jerseys (the ugly one from 2010) with Snake or Goring written on a piece of duct tape placed over Tavares.

Reactions: CupHolders

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
There’s about 3 fans who still complain consistently about the Tavares circus and they’re busy wearing beer stained DHGate third jerseys (the ugly one from 2010) with Snake or Goring written on a piece of duct tape placed over Tavares.
Yet there is ONE Toronto fan, who's posting history and avatar is dedicated to Tavares/Isles. This thread was going perfectly fine, until... Everything changed when the Fire Nation Attacked!

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
I'm surprised, why buyout rather than just play and get to the floor?
Because he's cooked.
I dont get why being 4 drafts away means it's less valuable.
Value-wise its the same, but in terms of today's need....a player drafted then MAYBE makes an impact by 2028-2030. Need the cap now, and not robbing an already depleted prospect/pick pool for the near future, is a win for the Isles right now.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
They could use the cap space on guys they actually prefer, if they want.

Meanwhile half the league is cap screwed and looking at Chicago to save them. Chicago's just handing out get-out-of-jail free cards. The 2026 2nd is inconsequential to Lou.
Yeah scratch that, they're buying him out immediately apparently :laugh:

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

Love Bails, wish him well. His salary exceeds his worth and we need to move on. Not wasting anything and he was here for 15 years. NYI HOF for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00