Confirmed Trade: [CHI/DET] Tomas Jurco for 2017 3rd round pick

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011
He can play either side but is better on the right. If you stick him on the 4th line prepare to be extremely disappointed he is a top 9 skill player not a grinder.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
I'd like to see:
Schmaltz-Toews-Panik
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Hartman-Kero-Hossa
Rasmussen-Kruger-Jurco

Jurco will ride pine in 2-3 games if you expect value and performance from him on the 4th line.

Hes not a 4th line player. Put him in a position to succeed and stop expecting the guy to turn into Darren Helm/Luke Glendenning.

Not saying he will ever reach his potential. But his potential is not 4th line grinder. (Rant not directed at you. Detroit completely mishandled the guy)

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
His stick handling is not nuts, not sure where you got that from.

From what I've seen the kid has pretty good hands, his defensive game is lackluster. He's a boom/bust type of player. Scoring winger, didn't really do that in Detroit but he is given another chance, probably his last chance imo before playing somewhere in Europe.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
Jurco will ride pine in 2-3 games if you expect value and performance from him on the 4th line.

Hes not a 4th line player. Put him in a position to succeed and stop expecting the guy to turn into Darren Helm/Luke Glendenning.

Not saying he will ever reach his potential. But his potential is not 4th line grinder. (Rant not directed at you. Detroit completely mishandled the guy)
Babcock gave him plenty of opportunity to succeed, and outside of his rookie year he just wasn't any good.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
From what I've seen the kid has pretty good hands, his defensive game is lackluster. He's a boom/bust type of player. Scoring winger, didn't really do that in Detroit but he is given another chance, probably his last chance imo before playing somewhere in Europe.

The flashy videos he had before entering the big league are just that, he has never shown these slick hands in real game situations.

With that said, he does have really good skills and I hope being in Chicago can be a turning point in his career.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

The Hawks 4th line over the last 5-10 games has been Hinostroza-Kero-Hartman - an all rookie line. Hartman has 15 goals which is pretty good and Hino and Kero have started to come on as they grow out of their rookie status. With Hino being sent down to make a roster spot for Jurco - maybe the best thing is to just insert Jurco into Hno's spot. Yes, it would be the "4th line" but it's not a typical 4th line and Kero and Hartman can both score.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
The Hawks 4th line over the last 5-10 games has been Hinostroza-Kero-Hartman - an all rookie line. Hartman has 15 goals which is pretty good and Hino and Kero have started to come on as they grow out of their rookie status. With Hino being sent down to make a roster spot for Jurco - maybe the best thing is to just insert Jurco into Hno's spot. Yes, it would be the "4th line" but it's not a typical 4th line and Kero and Hartman can both score.

Detroit put him with Datsyuk for a couple games and he didn't look bad. For the most part he played a grinding role with lesser talent players.

Pair him with players that have hockey IQ or just talent and he'll do ok.

And I'm not saying Kero, Hinostroza or Hartman aren't talented.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Oh winning the draft lottery....got it.

This comment is just hilarious to me. You might not realize this but this team was built just like the Wings were at the start of their dominant run except the Hawks have had to deal with the cap (Stevie Y was a 4th pick and Primeau was 3rd overall pick).

I forgot how amazing the Wings 89 draft class was...Lidstrom and Fedorov.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
This comment is just hilarious to me. You might not realize this but this team was built just like the Wings were at the start of their dominant run except the Hawks have had to deal with the cap (Stevie Y was a 4th pick and Primeau was 3rd overall pick).

I forgot how amazing the Wings 89 draft class was...Lidstrom and Fedorov.

Dallas Drake and Konstantinov too

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
I really like this for both teams. Jurco can do well there and Detroit got more than I expected. I still think Jurco can be a very good player on the right team and Chicago is a team that he'll fit better IMO. Guess I'll see how he does for the rest of the year before I drop him with his expiring contract from my keeper. A producing Jurco would be nice to see.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Its funny how stan bowman keeps getting fleeced and yet keeps turning over the roster and winning cups.

Shaw trade leading to debrincat? Fleeced.
Trade for panik? Fleeced yo
Oduya trade? Straight up sheep shearing
Toews and kane? Once they stop scoring hat tricks those deals will be fleece city, usa

Yeah Bowman has allegedly lost every trade and been terrible with contracts according to this place, once the team stops being good I will start to worry.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
There is maybe a 1/6 chance you get a player who can actually play in the NHL with a third round pick. The Hawks window is right now before their core gets too old. Even if third round pick was an NHL player he wouldn't contribute until the core is too old most likely (5 years from now, considering he isn't even drafted yet). The chances of Jurco who is probably a bust contributing is higher than the chances of a third round pick after this season contributing to the Hawks current window so the low-risk low-reward gamble is worth it for the Hawks here imo.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Dallas Drake and Konstantinov too

Hakan Anderson took the rest of the NHL to the cleaners with that draft. He later discovered Datsyuk and Zetterberg and a bunch of other great Europeans. He better get into the Hockey Hall of Fame as a builder or a crime has been committed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad