Confirmed Trade: [CHI/CBJ] Panarin, Motte, 6th for Saad, Forsberg, 2018 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Idk, I just hope with these young Columbus dmen (Jones, Werenski, Murray etc.) will be able to get him the puck as much as the Blackhawks dmen did. It's going to be a bit hard to do while Torts is yelling at him to block shots from the bench. Hopefully Wennberg doesn't hog the puck on the power play too! Don't want Panarin's numbers to drop off like Saad's did while in cbus.

He'll be looking for one timers from Wenneberg all games long.

Sure the Dmen can get him the puck but will he grow to create his own goal scoring chances when they give him it? He rarely ever did. He can playmake and make passes but he's gonna need Atkinson or someone aside him to be there to finish if he keeps up thar style and passes up clear shooting and his own shot chances on his control.

It's not some magical thru don't have talent argument it's about usage and if he'll play differently under a no longer insanely offensive zone usage. Torts used Wenneberg at 60% offensive face off zone starts as the max of any player last year where Panarin had 80%

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
He'll be looking for one timers from Wenneberg all games long.

Sure the Dmen can get him the puck but will he grow to create his own goal scoring chances when they give him it? He rarely ever did. He can playmake and make passes but he's gonna need Atkinson or someone aside him to be there to finish if he keeps up thar style and passes up clear shooting and his own shot chances on his control.

It's not some magical thru don't have talent argument it's about usage and if he'll play differently under a no longer insanely offensive zone usage. Torts used Wenneberg at 60% offensive face off zone starts as the max of any player last year where Panarin had 80%

I know right, Hopefully Dubi, Foligno and Jenner can man up and create some space for him with the departure of Saad. Atkinson wouldnt have hit 20 if not for him.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
With everybody future forcasting next year it's a wonder why they even play.

As a Hawks fan, I am good with this. Jacket fans should be good too.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I know right, Hopefully Dubi, Foligno and Jenner can man up and create some space for him with the departure of Saad. Atkinson wouldnt have hit 20 if not for him.

Not sure what the whole stupid grit notion comes from when the clear asset is both teams changing from yeah, clearly too many of the same style players over their past years.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
too many of the same style players over their past years.

That I totally agree with that. Not being sarcastic at all. From a hawks and jackets perspective it makes perfect sense, from a fan percpective...we won the trade, he sucks!

I'll say this, let's settle who won with a good old fashion showdown in the finals :)

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I like what Saad brought in the last Hawks cup run. He scored some big goals in tight checking games.

We'll see how Panarin does - I haven't watched him much. I probably still won't see him much, or Saad, unless one of these teams makes a run in the playoffs.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The trade will be a win-win for both teams in the short-term. I think it will be a long-term win for Chicago based on the fact that they couldn't afford to re-sign Panarin after 2 years. If CBJ can convince Panarin to re-sign at a reasonable cap hit after his contract expires, then it will likely be a win for them in the long-run as well.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
He's declining and apparently nobody notices.

Not at all, his game changed to a more perimeter find open space and wait for a pass like modern day OV. He showed superstar potential as a rookie though. Year 2, he just played it safe and tried to get points. In the playoffs, he just laid down. It was pathetic and spineless. Hammer was especially awful too but not for a lack of effort by any means. Guy was a warrior and will be missed.

Even if Hjalmarsson is declining, Murphy is terrible and Dauphin is nothing special.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Even if Hjalmarsson is declining, Murphy is terrible and Dauphin is nothing special.

I feel like HF mainboards lauded Chayka when he re-signed Murphy to his current deal. Now he's terrible.

Why would Team USA make a terrible player captain of their team at world's this year? There was a ton of talent on that team that could have been captain over him.

I'm not making a judgement on him until I see him in a meaningful sample size of games in the Hawks organization. Arizona was a tire fire the entire time he was there.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Why would Team USA make a terrible player captain of their team at world's this year? There was a ton of talent on that team that could have been captain over him.

Because he has gone to Worlds like every year recently.

Matt Hendricks was captain not too long ago.

Regardless of how good or bad Murphy is, I probably wouldn't use this as some justification.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Because he has gone to Worlds like every year recently.

Matt Hendricks was captain not too long ago.

Regardless of how good or bad Murphy is, I probably wouldn't use this as some justification.

One year ago the mainboard and Coyotes board was lauding Chayka for making a great deal to lock up Murphy. Now he's trash. Quite comical.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Yeah, the best scorer in Montreal this year, the best scorer in Pittsburgh this year, and best scorer in Tampa last year, absolutely support this statement.

Ya and what has Montreal and Tampa accomplished with that

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
The list of Canadians and Americans who suck in this league, is way longer btw. Like 10 times longer. Or probably 100 times...

And as I said to other guy, I will come to this thread and lol at your Toews + Saad love in the not too distant future. Or I will link to this thread, because I'm afraid it's gonna be closed pretty soon...

And I will continue to laugh at Ovie and kuznetsov flapping his arms like a turkey in that mess in Washington

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
YEAH LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHIN' HERE BOUT THESE RUSSIAN GUYS, THOSE GUYS, THEY DON'T THEY NEED, SEE, YOU NEED TO BE TOUGH IN THIS LEAGUE, HOCKEY ISN'T A GAME FOR GUYS WHO CAN'T HIT, WON'T FIGHT, WON'T GO THAT DISTANCE, LIKE THIS ONE KID I REMEMBER THIS GUY MCSORLEY, GOOD GUY FROM KAYUGHEH, HE I MEAN HE KNEW HOW TO FIGHT LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHIN'. THAT'S WHAT GETS YOU THE CUP, THAT'S HOW YOU WIN, NOT SOME LAZY RUSSIAN DIPSY DANGLE. ANYWAYS LET'S GO.

srsly lol wtaf

Where did I say anything about gooning or fighting or lazy Russian players? I said the offensive skill sets get shut down when playoff hockey starts ( lots of clutch and go fast type of 2 way play which isn't their game)anywhere in what I said I guess truth hurts that in the last 9 cups show it

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
This is a really stupid comment and you should feel bad.

And I like how Chicago is saying they need Saad for his body and corner work. Did you watch him in Columbus? I'm going with no... he isn't some physical force. I don't even recall him playing against the Pens in the playoffs this season.

Nice come back!!! Saad will do fine in with team/environment/system that he really never wanted to leave.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Right, he's going to be that much more appreciative of being here. Peak Saad incoming. Calling it right in this thread, more points than Panarin and at least 60 total.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

You obviously aren't aware that Atkinson rarely - if at all - played with Saad. Cam was almost exclusively on a line with Jenner and Dubinsky...talk about sheer homerism towards your Hawks :shakehead

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
1 point. He's gonna break out this year, over the 4 years he's here, I'm seeing all 60+ point seasons with at least one 70.
I'd bet you your account that doesn't happen. If that doesn't come true you no longer post and the account gets deleted. I'll put mine up against you. I loved Saad since before he was drafted and he has grown as a favorite of mine and I wish him nothing but 100pt seasons but his playstyle doesn't likely get him that. He is about a 65pt max ceiling amazing season guy. He will likey sit in the 55pt 30 goal range. Especially of he is playing on Toews line and not with Kane.

And saying he scores more then Panarin next year and that somehow Panarin drops to a 55pt player is beyond bias revisionist history. He's not going to fall off a cliff moving from Chicago to the 6th highest scoring team in the league. Look at what our PP did the first half of the year last year and now add him... It's like people think this is the early 00s blue jackets. We are coming off of winning 4 awards nominated for 5 and being by far the most improved team and were the youngest team last year only I think maybe just got younger. Panarin will hit 70pts and lead the jackets scoring to at least 2nd round game 7 maybe 3rd depending on health and Bob.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I feel like HF mainboards lauded Chayka when he re-signed Murphy to his current deal. Now he's terrible.

I'm not making a judgement on him until I see him in a meaningful sample size of games in the Hawks organization. Arizona was a tire fire the entire time he was there.

Team USA made Matt Hendricks a captain the previous 2 years at the WC.

Surely he must be some superstar or something.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You name leaders and guys the locker room would go to bat for as captains. Doesn't mean you are a superstar but it means you are highly valued and bring something to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad