Confirmed Trade: [CHI/CBJ] Panarin, Motte, 6th for Saad, Forsberg, 2018 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Toews will keep sucking, and Kane won't score as much as he did with Panarin.

Haha that's a great one. Toews will have a great year with Saad. BTW of the last dominate franchises Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA and Boston to win cups how many Russian players did any of those teams have (outside of Malikin) ya that's what I thought.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
when did i do that? some guy said panarin will be missed and he was attributing HIS beliefs (and yours, i presume) upon the entire fanbase. I simply showed there were differing opinions. try to follow along more closely.

I am trying, but trolls gonna troll. Have a nice day.

halcyon

Jun 23, 2015
Panarin was a cancer to this team, glad he's gone.

What the hell are you talking about? Is that why your boy Kane said he was emotional and disappointed to see Panarin traded, even going so far as to ask Panarin's agent at the draft to tell Panarin he loves him?

Everybody on the team loved Panarin, and he was a huge fan favorite in Chicago. "Cancer to this team" is just so ridiculous, where on earth did you even come up with this?

Not quite. Panarin is a better offensive player than Saad, no question but Saad is far superior defensively that Panarin. There 5v5 scoring is really close and that is with Panarin getting loaded up with OZ starts. Panarin is the more dynamic player but Saad is a better fit (and locked up for longer).

Panarin is, full stop, a better player than Saad. Not just a better offensive player. You can argue Saad will make the team "all-around better" if you want (an opinion I do not agree with, but it's certainly debatable), however straight up Panarin is better than Saad.

I even posted a poll about it here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2362611&highlight=

It quickly got locked for lopsidedness.

6zag

Apr 30, 2016
Haha that's a great one. Toews will have a great year with Saad. BTW of the last dominate franchises Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA and Boston to win cups how many Russian players did any of those teams have (outside of Malikin) ya that's what I thought.

Voynov comes to mind, considering LA has been pretty bad after he got ran out of states. But either way, what is your point even?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
BTW of the last dominate franchises Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA and Boston to win cups how many Russian players did any of those teams have (outside of Malikin) ya that's what I thought.
So you're doomed this year, because you still have Anisimov.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Kane didn't score over 30 goals once in his career. Panarin became his linemate. 46 goals.

While true, this is mostly because of games played.

12-13 23 goals in 47 GP (40 goal pace over 82 games)
13-14 29 goals in 69 GP (34 goal pace)
14-15 27 goals in 61 GP (36 goal pace)
15-16 46 goals in 82 GP
16/17 34 goals in 82 GP

Kane has been scoring at 38 goals per season pace over the past 5 years. The 3 years before Panarin was a 36.5 goal pace and the 2 years with Panarin was a 40 goal average.

That's better with Panarin for sure, but not nearly as much as the raw goal totals would lead you to believe.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Voynov comes to mind, considering LA has been pretty bad after he got ran out of states. But either way, what is your point even?

point being it that Russian hockey players although very skilled in regular season when there isn't as much on the line and are all about putting up as many points as possible but when it comes to NHL playoffs (when officials lose the rule book and their minds at times) that style of play doesn't translate well. The Hawks having Saad as a grittyy two way forward with offence and size translates beeter in the post season than Panarin. That doesn't mean I don't like Panarin.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

The list of Canadians and Americans who suck in this league, is way longer btw. Like 10 times longer. Or probably 100 times...

And as I said to other guy, I will come to this thread and lol at your Toews + Saad love in the not too distant future. Or I will link to this thread, because I'm afraid it's gonna be closed pretty soon...

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
point being it that Russian hockey players although very skilled in regular season when there isn't as much on the line and are all about putting up as many points as possible but when it comes to NHL playoffs (when officials lose the rule book and their minds at times) that style of play doesn't translate well. The Hawks having Saad as a grittyy two way forward with offence and size translates beeter in the post season than Panarin. That doesn't mean I don't like Panarin.
Yeah, the best scorer in Montreal this year, the best scorer in Pittsburgh this year, and best scorer in Tampa last year, absolutely support this statement.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
You do know communication is very important when playing team sports right? Theres nothing wrong with saying a draw back is it is harder to have clear communication with teammates to help improve chemistry. I just got Panarin and Im extatic but that doesn't mean him not speaking great English isn't a thing I hope he improves on. The good thing is that we have Bob who also spoke very little English and was very standoffish where he used to bot even do video interviews because he was an introvert. Bob will be a great tutor and helper with Panarin.

That said I've heard Kane say he was emotional about losing Panarin and how he's going to miss hanging out with him because they grew close. If they could figure out how to communicate and be good friends I'm sure it won't be to huge of an issue.

amazing how other teams are able to have non-english speakers.

halcyon

Jun 23, 2015
I am going to jump in here and say that this is one of those trades that doesn't make sense to us folks on HF messageboards, but if you have ever played on a team you know how important the dressing room is.

When you love your teammates and are having fun, it makes a world of difference: it really does.

Now I'm not saying Panarin is a bad teammate at all (literally know nothing about the guy's personality) but he can't really speak English. Clearly (as per the tweets) the team loved Saad and was an important part to their dressing room.

There is more to hockey than just how skilled guys are, and I think that's what's going on here.

The team loved Panarin too. The reasons for the trade are pretty well-documented at this point so I don't need to go into that, but if you think it's because Panarin was some strange foreign kid that couldn't participate in fun activities with his teammates or talk to them, that's far from accurate. Maybe it's just that one person saying Panarin was a "cancer to the team" but I feel like I need to correct misconceptions here.

Many of his teammates commented about how they loved his enthusiasm for the game and how happy he was to celebrate big moments with his teammates, and basically everybody says he is a great kid.

Even Keith, who is generally known for being kind of surly/grumpy/moody in the locker room, liked him: https://www.instagram.com/p/BPfqcm4B2ut/

Essentially what I'm trying to say is "locker room fit" was not an issue with Panarin.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

Is that you, Mr. Cherry?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
YEAH LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHIN' HERE BOUT THESE RUSSIAN GUYS, THOSE GUYS, THEY DON'T THEY NEED, SEE, YOU NEED TO BE TOUGH IN THIS LEAGUE, HOCKEY ISN'T A GAME FOR GUYS WHO CAN'T HIT, WON'T FIGHT, WON'T GO THAT DISTANCE, LIKE THIS ONE KID I REMEMBER THIS GUY MCSORLEY, GOOD GUY FROM KAYUGHEH, HE I MEAN HE KNEW HOW TO FIGHT LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHIN'. THAT'S WHAT GETS YOU THE CUP, THAT'S HOW YOU WIN, NOT SOME LAZY RUSSIAN DIPSY DANGLE. ANYWAYS LET'S GO.

srsly lol wtaf

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
i like how i brought up that post and now hawks fans are in here defending it. Like 2 pages ago they were saying it was a bad opinion and it doesnt reflect upon the entire fanbase and now theyre justifying it lmao

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The list of Canadians and Americans who suck in this league, is way longer btw. Like 10 times longer. Or probably 100 times.

Really? Pretty sad argument here.

Maybe that list is longer because there are more Canadians and Americans in the league than Russians? Maybe?

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Really? Pretty sad argument here.

Maybe that list is longer because there are more Canadians and Americans in the league than Russians? Maybe?

And maybe the reason why there are not as many Russians on Stanley Cup winning teams is because there are fewer Russians in the NHL? Maybe?

I mean once you discount Malkin, and Voynov, and Datsyuk, and any Russians that actually did win Stanley Cups.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
And maybe the reason why there are not as many Russians on Stanley Cup winning teams is because there are fewer Russians in the NHL? Maybe?

I mean once you discount Malkin, and Voynov, and Datsyuk, and any Russians that actually did win Stanley Cups.

I'm not here giving my 2 cents on Russians vs. Canadians/Americans. Just pointing out that post was incredibly dumb. Even dumber than the one he was quoting.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
WTF happened to this thread???

Panarin is slightly better than Saad. However, this team needed more speed thru the neutral zone, something Panarin couldn't give us much of due to his heavy sheltering. Saad is also a even strength possession beast.

Saad is simply a better fit for our current needs. That does not make Panarin worse than him or some sort of locker room cancer or any other negative thing being brought up in here.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
YEAH LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHIN' HERE BOUT THESE RUSSIAN GUYS, THOSE GUYS, THEY DON'T THEY NEED, SEE, YOU NEED TO BE TOUGH IN THIS LEAGUE, HOCKEY ISN'T A GAME FOR GUYS WHO CAN'T HIT, WON'T FIGHT, WON'T GO THAT DISTANCE, LIKE THIS ONE KID I REMEMBER THIS GUY MCSORLEY, GOOD GUY FROM KAYUGHEH, HE I MEAN HE KNEW HOW TO FIGHT LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHIN'. THAT'S WHAT GETS YOU THE CUP, THAT'S HOW YOU WIN, NOT SOME LAZY RUSSIAN DIPSY DANGLE. ANYWAYS LET'S GO.

srsly lol wtaf

lol this is amazing. It's like you're channelling him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
At an even salary, I think Chicago is better off with Saad over Panarin, especially with the loss of Hossa. We need another body that will go to the corners, the front of the net, that can play a regular shift in the top 6.

Panarin was great, and could score a bunch of points, but outside of that, he doesn't help the Hawks much (He was getting too predictable on the PP, doesn't PK, play defense, or play the body much at all). He's a perimeter player on a team full of them. I don't think the Hawks offense misses a beat with Saad instead of Panarin, but without Hossa, our team is worse defensively, and that had to be fixed.

I am OK with this trade, Panarin will probably still get his points, and Columbus needs a player like him more than they need a player like Saad.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
i like how i brought up that post and now hawks fans are in here defending it. Like 2 pages ago they were saying it was a bad opinion and it doesnt reflect upon the entire fanbase and now theyre justifying it lmao

I'm not on here a lot, but it seems par for the course on this forum...emotion, hive mentality and words are more important than their meaning and being logically consistent. For what it's worth, I agree with ya.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

srsly lol wtaf

God I love this so much

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
WTF happened to this thread???

Panarin is slightly better than Saad. However, this team needed more speed thru the neutral zone, something Panarin couldn't give us much of due to his heavy sheltering. Saad is also a even strength possession beast.

Saad is simply a better fit for our current needs. That does not make Panarin worse than him or some sort of locker room cancer or any other negative thing being brought up in here.

Toews needed help and they assume Kane will be fine

Apr 9, 2009
USA

This is a really stupid comment and you should feel bad.

And I like how Chicago is saying they need Saad for his body and corner work. Did you watch him in Columbus? I'm going with no... he isn't some physical force. I don't even recall him playing against the Pens in the playoffs this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad