Confirmed Trade: [CHI/BOS] Taylor Hall and Nick Foligno (UFA rights) for Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Grzelcyk is 10000000% a very good asset.

The cost to dump Reilly is probably a 2nd rounder and Grzelcyk has more value than a 2nd.

And Bruins would just buyout Reilly before they moved a 2nd for him given his buyout cost is only 333k this year and there isn't a cap problem next year.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I highly doubt it's Ullmark. There's probably 10 teams that'd offer positive value for him
Ullmark also has trade protection.

The only Boston guys that are A) making significant money and B) don't have trade protection are:

DeBrusk
Reilly
Grzelcyk
McAvoy for some reason

Swayman and Frederic also don't have trade protection.

Somehow even Forbort has a modified NTC...

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I would assume something with Taylor Hall. Save the Bruins $6M and give Chicago a running mate for Bedard.

Could also be Ullmark or Swayman?
Possibly Grezlyk?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I highly doubt it's Ullmark. There's probably 10 teams that'd offer positive value for him

Chicago could give a positive offer for him. I don't really view "cap dumps" as all having negative or no value. I'd be surprised if Ullmark got a ton in return and chicago has like 4 second round picks.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Grzelcyk is 10000000% a very good asset.

The cost to dump Reilly is probably a 2nd rounder and Grzelcyk has more value than a 2nd.
What team is going to pay more than a 2nd? He's an undersized PMD who gets abused in the playoffs.

He's great as a stopgap for a rebuilding/bubble team - but they don't pay a premium for an asset like Grzelyck. If Chicago wants to re-sign him I can see it happening, but if it's simply as a trade asset he's not worth much.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

This is way too many teams. Ullmark's market is incredibly limited because the Bruins can't take back money for him while a majority of teams can't trade for him without sending money out.

Unless Boston can take money back, I think the market for Ullmark is just LA (if they don't trade for Dubois), Carolina (if they don't re-sign Andersen), Pittsburgh (if they don't re-sign Jarry) or Buffalo. I really don't see many other teams that make sense.

I guess Chicago makes sense too but I don't think they'd pay any value for him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I would assume something with Taylor Hall. Save the Bruins $6M and give Chicago a running mate for Bedard
for 23-24 Hall has a ten team no trade list. I have to imagine Chicago is on it, unless he'd waive, but at 31, I don't think he'd want to wait for the Bedard Hawks to be a cup threat.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Chicago.

Cap space is still a premium asset - they'd be stupid to take on space while getting nothing in return unless it's a very good asset. Neither Grzelyck or Rielly are that.
I'd argue Grzelcyk a 3.6875 is a positive asset. Not a huge one. But one nonetheless. And one year of slightly negative value Reilly at 3 millions should offset that.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
This is way too many teams. Ullmark's market is incredibly limited because the Bruins can't take back money for him while a majority of teams can't trade for him without sending money out.

Unless Boston can take money back, I think the market for Ullmark is just LA (if they don't trade for Dubois), Carolina (if they don't re-sign Andersen), Pittsburgh (if they don't re-sign Jarry) or Buffalo. I really don't see many other teams that make sense.

I think the devils make a ton of sense, but a lot of devils fans aren't huge fans of him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What team is going to pay more than a 2nd? He's an undersized PMD who gets abused in the playoffs.

He's great as a stopgap for a rebuilding/bubble team - but they don't pay a premium for an asset like Grzelyck. If Chicago wants to re-sign him I can see it happening, but if it's simply as a trade asset he's not worth much.

That same logic would have Sam Girard as a negative value player with the money he has left on his deal.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
It's Mike Reilly + depth pick for Future Considerations.

He's the only pure camp dump on Boston. If Sweeney wanted to clear cap space by moving Forbort or Grzelcyk, he could get a positive asset back.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

I guess Chicago makes sense too but I don't think they'd pay any value for him.
Even if LA doesn't acquire PLD, we still don't have the cap space for Ullmark after our RFA's are signed.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the devils make a ton of sense, but a lot of devils fans aren't huge fans of him.

I could see them running with an Ullmark-Vanecek tandem, so that would make sense as well. I'm not sure they'd want to spend $8.4 million on their goalies and I don't really understand trading for Ullmark to just flip Vanecek.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Why would it be Reilly? It would make more sense to buy him out IMO.

Buying him out would result in a .333M cap hit for this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad