Confirmed Trade: [CHI/ARI] Murphy and Dauphin for Hjalmarsson

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
So this is what happens when Dave Tippett leaves???

They probably should've done this years ago ;)

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Get younger defensively, get Saad back. It is what it is. I like the fact that we have guys on long term deals. Both hammer and Panarin were 2 years away from making more money and being harder to sign.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Even with these trades today, Chicago has $0 in cap space.

But when you factor in Hossa's career ending injury :)shakehead) then they have 5.2 million in cap space.

Congrats Chicago! You suck again!

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Pretty solid trade for the Coyotes. Well see how things work out in Chicago. They will either be better next year or crash and burn with heads rolling.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
In the short term, its definitely a win for Arizona. Hjammer has blocked a lot of shots in his career though, you do have to wonder how he's going to age as a player. We'll see, it might be a case of moving a guy a year too early than a year too late.

What kind of player is Murphy, I see some say he sucks, some say he's great, typical HF. Any real analytical eyes for his game?

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Also, regards to Bowman, you do have to hand it to him, he said things were going to change...and they have. We'll see how it shakes out. I'm not crazy about the moves short term, but cost control is a real important factor moving forward. We'll see, if this works out Bowman is a genius, if not, they weren't going anywhere as they were anyway...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So what's Murphy's ceiling?

#3 that hits and can skate. I don't expect much from him offensively but it can't be overstated enough how little the AZ coaches did for him developmentally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad