Checkers III: The Age of Ulf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Worse. Candy is my mother.

(no, I'm not following the reference. yes, my mother's name is Candy)
Lucifer-2.14-Candy-Morningstar-New-Wife.png

Is this her?

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Checkers are 5 - 5 in their last 10 games. In that time frame Nedeljkovic has gone 3-2 giving up 5 goals one game and 6 goals in another. He's also pitched a shut out, and had 1 goal and 1 goals against in his other victories. He is the epitome of the feast or famine player.

Another point of note, Nicolas Roy is now the 5th leading scorer on the team with 20 points. Pretty impressive after a somewhat slow start.

Oh, and Roland McKeown is a +21

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Great, so we have another Darling in the pipeline?

I know you're just kidding, but on a slightly more serious note, I believe that the organization is looking at Booth and Helvig as the "next men up" in net. Unless something miraculously clicks for Neds in the near future, I don't see him as making an NHL contribution. Would love to be proven wrong but I'm not hopeful.

Jack LaFontaine, who I think has the tools as well, is getting shelled at Michigan this year and didn't grab the starter's role. It will be interesting to see what shakes out with him next season. Otherwise, I hope Ronnie continues to take flyers in the later rounds on goal tenders.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I was thinking about this yesterday, that it seems like having a team with plenty of good skater prospects in the system allows the team to throw an extra pick or two at a goaltender. More darts, as it were...
And given that goaltending is just plain voodoo, it really does make sense. For every Marc-Andre Fleury, you've got a Jack Campbell. Jonathan Quick - 3rd rounder, Henrik Lundqvist - 7th Rounder, Martin Jones - undrafted, Pekka Rinne - 8th Rounder (when there was such a thing)....of course you also have 2nd rounders like Allen and Crawford. Dubnyk and Schneider were 1st rounders with the former being more of a late bloomer. Still, it seems like a crap shoot and, in this case, pedigree is feels slightly less important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad