GDT: Charlotte Hornets and other NBA talk part 2

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Jordan cannot be removed from the team fast enough.

God that franchise is in such shit with him as owner. Unquestionably it's the worst run franchise in professional sports, at least in the US. At least the Browns tried this century

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I was driving for a while yesterday so I listened to a bunch of sports talk radio. They were very “Miller vs Scoot was a toss up” for the most part. But at the end of both shows, each and every participant acknowledged “Scoot can’t shoot.” Miller definitely can.

I don’t know. Acting like a 19 year old who can’t shoot, and who didn’t contribute to winning, is a sure thing? I feel like we’ve seen this undersized-but-athletic-but-can’t-shoot-PG thing before.

And … don’t the Hornets have LeMelo? 23 and 8?

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Best player shoes I've ever worn was a pair of Shaq shoes. Those things kicked ass.

I've got a pair of original Adidas KB8s that I really like. Carried to and from the gym; never touched the ground outside. Been sitting in my closet for 15 years. I've debated starting to wear them out, but there's something about breaking the mystique of a "gym only" shoe that has kept me from doing so, even though the odds of wearing them in a gym again are low.

adidas kb8.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: HisIceness

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I was driving for a while yesterday so I listened to a bunch of sports talk radio. They were very “Miller vs Scoot was a toss up” for the most part. But at the end of both shows, each and every participant acknowledged “Scoot can’t shoot.” Miller definitely can.

I don’t know. Acting like a 19 year old who can’t shoot, and who didn’t contribute to winning, is a sure thing? I feel like we’ve seen this undersized-but-athletic-but-can’t-shoot-PG thing before.

And … don’t the Hornets have LeMelo? 23 and 8?
LaMelo couldn't shoot his draft year either. He shot 25% from the 3 point line and 38% from the field his draft year... that is like really bad. Especially for a guard.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Mark Williams is the real friggin deal. Also Brandon Miller has been very clutch in the 4th. This team with Bridges could be a legit top 6 seed in the East finally…

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Hornets lost by 16 at home to the dead-last 1 win Washington Wizards.

Jury is still out on these new owners but they are in a worse situation than Dundon was in 2018. Some similarities but overall the Hornets historically are worse and the overall interest is low.

Last edited:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Miller can ball and Williams is a great center. Rest of team is pretty much how you would expect.

What they can be is, to be determined.

Reactions: Stickpucker

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
They sell Lavar’s BBB shoes at game? The reason why Lonzo’s knees are messed up for Bulls.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
hate him all you want for the off court stuff but man what a clutch finish and a big welcome back for Miles Bridges. LaMelo absolutely dominated and has been arguably the best player in the entire NBA the last couple weeks.

Great efficiency in those 8 games too

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Need some of these contracts (Gordon Heyward) to end and we'll see what Kupcheck w/o Jordan does for the future.
I'm not so sure Kup will survive this offseason. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out of course but I would bet him and Clifford are both gone. Kup has done a great job with getting us young talented core players in Melo, Mark, Miles, Miller and even PJ but he hasn't done a good job of getting role players to build around them. 2021 draft was an absolute disaster, Hayward signing/trade was bad and Rozier signing not great either. I know we've had some injuries but our bench this year wouldn't even be a great starting squad in the G league. That's a Kup failure. I think we need a new GM and coach to take this core to the next level. I suspect he may retire vs. getting fired however.

Reactions: Stickpucker

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm not so sure Kup will survive this offseason. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out of course but I would bet him and Clifford are both gone. Kup has done a great job with getting us young talented core players in Melo, Mark, Miles, Miller and even PJ but he hasn't done a good job of getting role players to build around them. 2021 draft was an absolute disaster, Hayward signing/trade was bad and Rozier signing not great either. I know we've had some injuries but our bench this year wouldn't even be a great starting squad in the G league. That's a Kup failure. I think we need a new GM and coach to take this core to the next level. I suspect he may retire vs. getting fired however.

Good call. New owners will have some decisions to make.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00