GDT: Charlotte Hornets and other NBA talk part 2

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
4-0 with the deadline acquisitions in the lineup. All Star break didn't halt the momentum at all. And first time the Hornets/Bobcats have won in Utah since 2006!

This season is still lost but man would be great to keep this going to give us something to really build on going into the offseason. And this stretch has been without Melo and Mark.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Brandon Miller has all the traits to be a superstar. I'm excited to see how he develops, once Melo can stay on the floor, and we surround him with more talent. Finally the gods have given us SOMETHING to be hopeful for.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Brandon Miller has all the traits to be a superstar. I'm excited to see how he develops, once Melo can stay on the floor, and we surround him with more talent. Finally the gods have given us SOMETHING to be hopeful for.
A close relative of mine is a huge basketball fan and lives in Boston so watches a lot of Celtics and used to have season tickets. Straight up told me after we drafted Miller that he’d be as good as Tatum at wing. I laughed it off but I’m starting to think he wasn’t just bullshitting me lol. Miller really could be a true superstar and eventual top 5-10 player in the league

Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
@HisIceness What is the game day experience in charlotte for the hornets?

Depends on who is in town but typically it's pretty low-key. There's just not a lot of die-hard fans. They failed to capitalize on the Hornets rebranding 10 years ago, they got everything right but the team on the floor and the front office.

The arena is starting to age some but it's nice. The atmosphere is more "club" than sports some nights. Half the attendees are in team attire and the other half are in designer clothes.

Even if the team sucks, I've had great results with the ticket reps, ushers, etc. They're top notch.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Hornets- Wizards stinky team challenge that counts as much as in season tournament.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Hornets began the regular season with a victory. They end the regular season with a victory.

Sadly there were 80 other games in the middle.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Sacramento Kings in a year after making the playoffs for the first time since 2006, go 0-6 versus the Zion-less Pelicans and miss the playoffs. As much as I rag on the Hornets, the Kings are worse, which is really saying something.

Reactions: Lucky Lindy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad