Prospect Info: Charles Hudon Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If MB is willing to let CJ put Shaw permanently on a 4th line: yes

Martinsen or Mitchell might be cut then. Or McCarron sent back to AHL for a while.

I like Hudon-McCarron-Shaw. Shaw has played with the best in the game, his experience and leadership could help bring two young up and comers around.

Keep Mitchell around. Martinsen is easily replaceable if lost on waivers.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I like Hudon-McCarron-Shaw. Shaw has played with the best in the game, his experience and leadership could help bring two young up and comers around.

Keep Mitchell around. Martinsen is easily replaceable if lost on waivers.

Shaw should be trading bait at this point. No team should be able to afford a 3.9M 4th liner.

Keep Mitchell considering he's our best FO man and put McCarron or DLR on the RW.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Shaw should be trading bait at this point. No team should be able to afford a 3.9M 4th liner.

Keep Mitchell considering he's our best FO man and put McCarron or DLR on the RW.

I think he can play on any line, over the course of the year, and add grit to it. He had more points than Lehkonen last year, or Plekanec, and that was struggling through injury. He can play on the PP and PK, take draws. It is not $3.9 million for Georges Laracque or George Parros. Bergevin mortgaged assets for him, knowing his importance from their time in Chicago. Running Shaw out of town after 1 mediocre year is not going to happen. There is no one on the farm to replace him, as he plugs more than one hole in the lineup.

Anyways nice to see Hudon is impressing his coach. I want to see a mature version of the Junior Team Canada Hudon on the Habs this year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Shaw is not going anywhere, unfortunately. GM went out of his way to land him, despite granting a pay raise for whatever services he rendered to his previous club. Two concussions last year and only being cleared on the second one juat now, gives even more pause.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'd like to see Hudon get some PK time with Plekanec this year.

Hudon is gonna surprise alot people this year.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'd like to see Hudon get some PK time with Plekanec this year.

Hudon is gonna surprise alot people this year.

I'm a huge fan of Hudon and I want to see him succeed, hopefully get gets better usage from Julien than he did from Therrien. This isn't a player that should be playing on the 4th line with scrubs like Martinsin.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Speaking of Shaw...just got cleared from concussion symptoms a few weeks ago. I doubt he lasts the length of his contract. This contract is simply a bad investment.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Ok, so Plekanec was asked about Hudon as an NHLer and he said Charles does have the skills and speed to make it this year... maybe relative to Pleks' own skating speed?! Or did Hudon actually improve his top speed and edge work in the last year? In the few games I saw him in, I recall him not moving his feet much past centre ice and struggling to get back into the play once his line lost the puck in the o-zone. Now Pleks says his speed is ok and Julien likes what he sees, so I'm a bit more excited about Hudon than I was same time last year.

Really don't want to see him on the 4th line though, he needs to play with guys who don't handle the puck like a hot potato.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Ok, so Plekanec was asked about Hudon as an NHLer and he said Charles does have the skills and speed to make it this year... maybe relative to Pleks' own skating speed?! Or did Hudon actually improve his top speed and edge work in the last year? In the few games I saw him in, I recall him not moving his feet much past centre ice and struggling to get back into the play once his line lost the puck in the o-zone. Now Pleks says his speed is ok and Julien likes what he sees, so I'm a bit more excited about Hudon than I was same time last year.

Really don't want to see him on the 4th line though, he needs to play with guys who don't handle the puck like a hot potato.

I think the Canadiens are going to play 4 line hockey this year. So there won't be any scrubs.

The fact he is above 20 goal scorer Byron to start the TC is good in assessing his value.

Top line has a hole, maybe with Drouin gaining body mass to get to the next level, like Mackinnon and Scheifele, Hudon becomes an option. I like the 2nd line as is. With Plekanec he will need a forechecking winger to get him the puck. Hemsky does not fit that mold but Lehkonen does. I still start Hudon slow. Maybe with some 2nd unit PP time. Shaw can put up 30-40 points. Mc Carron is the toughness needed, to make room for Hudon. Baby steps. Hemsky will get injured, there will be room to move up. Just want to see him get a chance.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Let's not forget that Hudon is also a playmaker. He has a good vision. He can still put the puck in the net, but he's good to make plays, as well. This guy could help set Lehkonen up.

Jul 6, 2016
Shaw is not going anywhere, unfortunately. GM went out of his way to land him, despite granting a pay raise for whatever services he rendered to his previous club. Two concussions last year and only being cleared on the second one juat now, gives even more pause.

I did not like the deal, but Shaw deserves a second chance to make a good impression. he was imjured for a good part of last season, and had to acclimate himself with new city, new team, etc...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm a huge fan of Hudon and I want to see him succeed, hopefully get gets better usage from Julien than he did from Therrien. This isn't a player that should be playing on the 4th line with scrubs like Martinsin.

If the first few days of camp are any indication, Hudon is already ahead of Martinsen. If Hudon does play on the 4th, it won't be with the likes of Martinsen.

As for Julien using him better, you can already see a change. Last year when Hudon was looked at as a prospect making an impression, Therrien had the genius idea to play someone who plays LW on his off-wing where he can't properly justify himself.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
If he continues like this and doesn't make the team I'll start believing the anti-Hudon conspiracies.

He's played well in the past and was barely given a look.
Either give him a spot or trade him, letting him rot in the AHL is unbecoming of our franchise.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
If he continues like this and doesn't make the team I'll start believing the anti-Hudon conspiracies.

Either give him a spot or trade him, letting him rot in the AHL is unbecoming of our franchise.

If he continues playing this well in the preseason they'll have to keep him up since I doubt he'll clear waivers

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Hudon has produced everywhere he played in his career. In the Q , in the AHL and even in his 6 games in the NHL.

i believe he has a 50pts upside in the NHL. He could be another Corey Locke as well but i just hope CJ give him the chance to prove himself. I think he can do it

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Hudon has produced everywhere he played in his career. In the Q , in the AHL and even in his 6 games in the NHL.

i believe he has a 50pts upside in the NHL. He could be another Corey Locke as well but i just hope CJ give him the chance to prove himself. I think he can do it

I believe that too, he's just too skilled.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Been saying that for years now, I'm really excited to see this kid play this year.

:)

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

There was no anti-Hudon conspiracy. Just Therrien being a dumbass. Dwight King and Martinsen were the much better solutions for a team that only scores 1.8 goals in the playoffs.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
There was no anti-Hudon conspiracy. Just Therrien being a dumbass. Dwight King and Martinsen were the much better solutions for a team that only scores 1.8 goals in the playoffs.

You're all over the place, Buddy. Therrien a dumbass and players that were there when Therrien had been fired are better than...

WTF!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad