Speculation: Changes In Calgary: The Search For a New GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Isn't he pretty much the heir-apparent in Philly already though? I doubt Holmgren survives this season.
I didn't realize he went back to Philly this summer, so I may just agree with you. I thought he was still a King.

Really? I can't imagine a sophisticated gentleman like yourself would want to ignore the wise words of one so esteemed as flamer4life!
I may have more on my no fly list than I have not on it :laugh:

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
I like both Futa and Benning. Futa has a great eye for young talent and also likes big truculent players like Burke. Benning is the assistant gm of Boston, a team Burke obviously respects for their big and nasty game and Benning is an Alberta native so it would be a bit of a homecoming.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
I like both Futa and Benning. Futa has a great eye for young talent and also likes big truculent players like Burke. Benning is the assistant gm of Boston, a team Burke obviously respects for their big and nasty game and Benning is an Alberta native so it would be a bit of a homecoming.
fully approve of this. Futa, Benning, Conroy, with Burkie being the bau5

pretty sweet

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Don't know who this guy is but he Supposibly works for tsn. Anyways take this tweet for what it's worth;

@TSNSimmer: Joe Nieuwendyk is out!!! Look for Dave Poulin to be the next GM, of the Cgy Flames!!! @TSN1200

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Don't know who this guy is but he Supposibly works for tsn. Anyways take this tweet for what it's worth;

@TSNSimmer: Joe Nieuwendyk is out!!! Look for Dave Poulin to be the next GM, of the Cgy Flames!!! @TSN1200

Shawn Simpson
@TSNSimmer
TSN 1200 The Drive, Minnesota Wild consultant. 1987 World Junior! Soo, Oshawa, Washington, Toronto, and Dynamo Minsk KHL.

Not sure how this guy would have any credibility. Only 4.5K follows too.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Another update;
@NHLNewsUpdates1: BREAKING NEWS: TSN Radio in Calgary is reporting that Dave Poulin will be named GM of the Calgary Flames, but it has yet to be confirmed

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
That didn't take long :laugh:

The fact that there is only one source to this rumor and the fact that it hasn't even been 48 hours leaves me a bit warry of actually believing this rumor. I'm not saying poulin is a far fetched choice as obviously with his connections to Burke he is a candidate but after Burke made such a big deal about finding the right guy I don't see him hiring someone this fast without interview others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad