Speculation: Changes In Calgary: The Search For a New GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
It does, and obviously his tenure there didn't work out, but it's crazy to think he hasn't learnt from it. I'm not saying Joey is the best guy for the job, but just because it failed in Dallas doesn't mean it will in Calgary.

Perhaps, but after seeing the trades he made, and his drafting, just no. I do not want at all

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
One name to keep a close eye on: Mike Futa. In his role as the Kings’ director of amateur scouting, he drafted Drew Doughty, Slava Voynov, Andrei Loktionov, Brayden Schenn, Kyle Clifford, Jordan Nolan and Linden Vey — from just the 2008 and ’09 classes alone
hooooly

with imminent high draft picks coming in, it makes sense to bring a guy like Futa, who made the Kings relevant again through the draft.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
The Flames are a bigger market than Buffalo and we're not a budget team. Whoever it is, I think we'll outbid the Sabres

Buffalo is not a budget team, either. Pegula wants to spend to the cap. Obviously, being in a rebuild, we're spending significantly less this year. But TPegs loves throwing money at things he wants, so if a potential GM chooses Calgary over Buffalo, it likely won't be for financial reasons.

As a Sabres fan, my gut is that Futa may be one of the guys on Burke's short list. It seems odd to me that we have been looking for a GM for nearly a month, and numerous candidates' names were out there for some time (Botterill, Benning, Treliving, Fenton, Tim Murray, et al.), then Futa's name pops up on Tuesday night and Burke fires Feaster and essentially says the Flames are in competition with the Sabres for a GM so the decision had to be me made immediately. We'll see.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Ron Hextall's name should have been mentioned before now IMO.

Just the kind of truculence Burke's looking for.

I say we hire Tambellini, guaranteed to get us McDavid next year.

What about Joe Will from the Sharks? Pioneered computer scouting, instrumental in the Sharks becoming a contender, decent haircut.. I dunno, mostly don't want to see Nieuwendyk here.

Flames7676

Jun 17, 2013
Alberta
I'm nervous we may end up being a lot worse than we were with Feaster.... At least Feaster wasn't horribly bad but he made some not so great trades and decisions I kinda thought he was starting to pick his act up after the draft.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I'm nervous we may end up being a lot worse than we were with Feaster.... At least Feaster wasn't horribly bad but he made some not so great trades and decisions I kinda thought he was starting to pick his act up after the draft.

That's a given, no matter who the GM is! This is the break into sucking year of a total rebuild. We're gonna be Buffalo/Oilers bad for the next couple years anyways.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Absolutely, but if Burke actually gave us names then it would be considered tampering (I think).

Yea I was just making sure that is more than one guy we are interviewing. If we are just getting a mouth piece for Burke then I don't care who it is but if they are suppose to be a real GM I hope we avoid Joe.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
heard Feaster is back on the market, maybe we can interview him

43D0XwU.jpg

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Benning
Hextall
Futa
Fenton

Those should be the four names we focus on. I would be extremely happy with any of those four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad