Proposal: Change of Scenery - Nolan Patrick for Jo Drouin

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Why would the Flyers take on a dud who hasn't done nothing in Montreal and makes $5 million per year.
Cause that Dude has shown that, good or bad year, he can net at least 40-50pts.

The other has shown he can MAYBE get 10

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

So now you just blatantly lie?

Patrick posted 2 seasons of 30+ points.

Yes after not playing hockey for 20 months and not being able to train, Patrick had a shit year and paced for 14pts.....still more than than your 2nd lie suggests.

Again, you seem to think cap hits don't matter.

Patrick at less than 1 million + 4.5 million in cap space is much more valuable than Drouin at 5.5 million and his 40-50 point....AND NOW HIS OFF ICE ISSUES....that you are ignoring too.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Every year....except this year.

And last year.

And 4 years ago.

So 3 out of the last 4 years he has not paced for 50 pts....let alone up to 60.

Reality is the Habs are playing the most important game of their season tonight, and Droiun is not available due to personal reasons. We have no idea what those reasons are and how it impacts his future.

Patrick at less than 1 million is more valuable than Drouin at 5+ even though when comparing just on ice, Drouin is better given Patrick's awful season. The Flyers can use the 4.5 million in cap space between the 2 to help the team more than Drouin would....and just keep Patrick to see if his 1st offseason to train in years makes a big difference.
JD has 232 points in 393 games played,Drouin might be soft and avoid contacts but hes no bum

I am abit salty that he stepped away from hes teammates for personal reasons but i wont judge too much until i know the full facts

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
JD has 232 points in 393 games played,Drouin might be soft and avoid contacts but hes no bum

I am abit salty that he stepped away from hes teammates for personal reasons but i wont judge too much until i know the full facts
I know all about JD considering I live in Halifax and watched him all thru Jr and his development into the the NHL.

All I did was supply facts that he is no longer a guaranteed 50-60 point guy considering he has paced for that 1 time the last 4 years. He has slipped to a 40-50 guy....which is still ok, but for 5.5 million, it's overpaid. And now given the unknown personal issues, it's even worse. With that now at play,no one would trade for him unless they are trading back a similar overpaid 40-50 point guy.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

JD personal reasons whatever they might involve, it clearly affected his game. Still a person and hope he recovers. Team change might be better to continue his career.

Skillset was never in doubt, poor work ethic and terrible attitude are problems. Juniors with a large contingent of bad to terrible players. He can't expect his skills would work in the NHL, whereby the worst player can still be serviceable.

Playing for the Habs involve greater fan pressures, yet, semi-rebuild allows an opportunity to excel. Change is needed and with health uncertainty and high cap, there is negative value.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

If Drouin can't handle the pressure playing in Montreal what makes you think he'd be able to handle the pressure playing in Philly. Especially with a flat cap, the Flyers are better off with the extra $4 million in cap space by keeping Patrick instead of having Drouin and his $5.5 million cap hit. Is Drouin better than Patrick right now, yes, but not worth the difference in cap hit. Especially now not knowing the extent of his off ice personal issues, teams would be hesitate in trading for Drouin.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Patrick needs a new contract. For all we know he could be asking for a 2.5M$ contract... that's his QO anyways...

So, Drouin at 5.5 who we know can put on minimally 40pts, or Parrick at 2.5 for 10pts?

You are such a troll and spewing diarrhea out your arse.. first you call drouin a min 40 point player when 8n FACT this year he only put up 23 points. He only put up 2 freaking goals at a cost of 5.5 mil against the cap. Talk about failed production, if I only got 2 goals from a player I was paying TO SCORE GOALS and only got 2 for his 5.5 mil salary I'd be mad as he'll. If you are going to call Patrick a 10 point player because that's what he produced in this shortened season then you can't call Drouin a 40 point player because he "paced" for that in this shortened season when in fact he was just a 23 point player.

Drouin is just not good defensively so if he's not scoring he's pretty useless and guess what, he's not scoring. He's not worth his contract and at this point he's a cap dump. That's the reality. Look at his time since entering the league, he's a pretentious, self absorbed premadonna who feels ENTITLED to special treatment while he has NEVER actually EARNED the right to be viewed as such. He's not a quarter of the premier player he thinks he is.

Now on to Patrick. First and foremost you once again spewed excrement out your backside by saying his QO was 2.5 mil (trying to make it comparable to Drouin and his atrocious 5.5 mil for 2 freaking goals this year) when in FACT his QO is less than 1 mil. Now don't get me wrong, Patrick has been nothing short of an absolute failure at this point but at least he doesn't has negative value like Drouin does.

Patrick has no value at all at this point. Drouin has negative value. At this point in time, not even considering potential to improve (i don't really think either player has done anything to indicate they have the potential to be more than they are right now), Patrick at no value is more valuable than Drouin at negative value. If Patrick was signed at 5.5 mil then yes, you take Drouin but that's not the case. Hell, the Flyers have 4th line players who get half Drouins ice time at less than half his cost and produced more than him. Patrick may be nothing more than a 4th line player at this point but he's not being paid like he's a top 6 forward who is producing less than your 4th liners like Drouin is.

Reactions: Copenhagen91

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Nolan Patrick is complete ass atleast Drouin will give you 50/60points every year
Keep lying and making crap up. The fact is Drouin has NEVER put up 60 points in a season, has only passed 50 points twice and his career pace for an 82 game season is under 50 points. However, don't let actual facts get in the way of a good delusion.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Patrick turning it around??
How can you turn around something that's never been there?

I get it. No one thought he’d be so unproductive this year. No doubt he and Lindbloms step back cost the flyers. But his issue to me was willingness to go to high traffic areas and conditioning and timing. I think all those things will be better this year. He has his first off-season to train since a few years before his draft I believe. He will be a lot better next year. I see a 40-50 pt season. He showed signs of the above improving. That said, I don’t know why most teams would take the risk and don’t see why the flyers would sell low on him unless he is part of a package for Eichel.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Migrains can be just as bad so it is a concern, if he can medicate for it or not . Otherwise the lights and whatever at an nhl stadium could be triggering them .
we know this. That is why him just playing all year without them flaring up was a win in itself. Maybe he now has the meds to keep them at bay.

But again, to that deal: Patrick+4.5 million in cap space >>>Drouin at 5.5 million

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Drouin is out my dude, it's done. He is traded this summer.

If you can find someone to take him, and for that I think you'll need to add. Don't want anything to do with Drouin, he's overpaid for what he does, and what he does isn't great. Patrick's looking like a bust too, but hopefully the Flyers don't overpay next contract. He's still a 'prove you deserve it' guy for me.

UED

May 2, 2021
As a Habs fan, I'll take it and neither re-sign or qualify Patrick. Thanks for the free buyout.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI

A 40 point head case player who doesn't play defense is not worth $5.5M per year. Only Bergevin is stupid enough to pay someone that kind of money for that production.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Id rather have Patrick if im Philly. He has a better chance of turning things around, is younger and plays the more important position. He also doesn’t have the term on his contract that Drouin has.
You mean 2 seasons?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Drouin is being heavily underrated here, and I'm no fan of his...

But Philly is not a market that would make any sense for him to go to, and you'd have to figure MT would echo that... Can't see the Flyers being interested in the least bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad