Proposal: Change of Scenery - Nolan Patrick for Jo Drouin

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Would both team agreed to a change of scenery for both ? Patrick would fit with the "retool" Montreal needs to address this summer with a change of direction and Drouin would thrive in a better environment in Phili.

:habs
Nolan Patrick

:flyers
Jonathan Drouin

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Because 1 player cost about 1 million in cap, and One costs over 5. I would not so that trade if I'm Philly for that reason alone
Patrick needs a new contract. For all we know he could be asking for a 2.5M$ contract... that's his QO anyways...

So, Drouin at 5.5 who we know can put on minimally 40pts, or Parrick at 2.5 for 10pts?

Reactions: CapSpace

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Never been a Patrick fan, We already good at the middle position, all we need is the kid maturing. Nolan doesn't do anything for us.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Why would Philly do that? Getting rid of bad contracts costs assets. Patrick isn't worth much/anything, but Drouin is a negative.
Drouin never been bellow 40p so I hardly disagree with the "negative" a fast dynamic player that simply cannot play anymore in Montreal has his value down, yes, that'S why Patrick is the ask and not Frost.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would do it as a Habs fan - Drouin is gone regardless, even if we get a risky buy-low player in return we need to take some risks

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Drouin never been bellow 40p so I hardly disagree with the "negative" a fast dynamic player that simply cannot play anymore in Montreal has his value down, yes, that'S why Patrick is the ask and not Frost.
So the reason you want to trade him is because he's really good and you're looking to move him for a guy who is barely an NHLer? The real reason is because he isn't worth his cap hit. Not even close, otherwise you aren't moving him for Patrick and then not qualifying him.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Drouin only scored 2 goals this season and his cap hit was 5.5mil and he still has two more seasons at 5.5mil, that’s gonna be a soft no from the Flyers.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don’t like Patrick as a player and on top of that he’s injury prone and requires a 2.5M QO. Not interested

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Patrick needs a new contract. For all we know he could be asking for a 2.5M$ contract... that's his QO anyways...

So, Drouin at 5.5 who we know can put on minimally 40pts, or Parrick at 2.5 for 10pts?
They could walk away from Patrick, but cant walk away from Drouin...

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Yes, because every team in the GM would just be lining up to surrender draft picks for a player's who's development has been forever stunted and who just missed the entity of last season. What could possibly go wrong?!

You talking Drouin or Patrick? It fits both almost, both have stunned, but 1 does not cost 5.5...

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
He’s on the ltir for undisclosed personal reasons and has 2 more seasons at 5.5 million in the flat cap era. He’s a cap dump not a positive asset at this point.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4