Proposal: Change of Scenery - Nolan Patrick for Jo Drouin

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
He’s on the ltir for undisclosed personal reasons and has 2 more seasons at 5.5 million in the flat cap era. He’s a cap dump not a positive asset at this point.
So what you are telling me is, his cap is ZERO until he plays...

How is that a Cap Dump? Cause he's on LTIR until he does better mentally and physically, so... A cap dump ??

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010

How is that a Cap Dump? Cause he's on LTIR until he does better mentally and physically, so... A cap dump ??
I'm telling you he's bad and has no value.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Would both team agreed to a change of scenery for both ? Patrick would fit with the "retool" Montreal needs to address this summer with a change of direction and Drouin would thrive in a better environment in Phili.

:habs
Nolan Patrick

:flyers
Jonathan Drouin
I’m completely okay as a flyers fan I’d rather not take on the cap space tbh

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That's crazy. It allows you to take Drouin's $11 million and give it to someone who can actually shoot and score goals. If you dont want Patrick, get rid of him after.

I don’t want to move Drouin but if I had to move him - I’d want a better asset than Patrick back.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Drouin actually had a pretty good start to the season.

He then had a slump and everything went on a downward spiral as he was deemed the scapegoat for the habs global bad play.

But the way it all went down, it was exagerated. Drouin was not playing good, so were a lot of guys on this team.

Drouin is a talented, youngish player.

At 5,5 mil he's not a super good deal, but it's certainly not that bad of a contract.

The timing is soooo bad to trade him. Pure buy high sell super low...

MB is a clown.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
As of right now the Habs centers under contract for next season are Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and Evans. Danault and Staal are both upcoming UFAs. Now Staal is as good as done. I assume that he will retire after this year. He has no has left in the tank.

If the Habs picked up Patrick then they would be rolling with by far the youngest center group in the NHL. I would much prefer to have someone who is more of a vet. Either bring Danault back or sign another UFA center or pick one up in trade.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I think Philly would rather utilize their cap space elsewhere.
Anyone that doesn't understand this .... should go follow another sport.The stupid comments from Habs fans..... has nothing to do with how good or bad Patrick is. It's a $1 million dollar player vs $5.5 overpaid player that the team wants to dump. Habs will have to buy him out unfortunately or take on another team's bad cap hit thats similar in size

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Patrick turning it around??
How can you turn around something that's never been there?

Why would the Habs add a pick for a guy that's never produce at the NHLlevel, and who is 1 concussion away from retiring?

Patrick needs a new contract. For all we know he could be asking for a 2.5M$ contract... that's his QO anyways...

So, Drouin at 5.5 who we know can put on minimally 40pts, or Parrick at 2.5 for 10pts?

Patrick slept with your crush didn't he.

Drouin is a 5.5 40 point defensive nightmare that the flyers don't need right now. We'll keep the player that need a mil QO in the hope that he can flash the skill that shows why he was a 2nd overall pick.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Patrick slept with your crush didn't he.

Drouin is a 5.5 40 point defensive nightmare that the flyers don't need right now. We'll keep the player that need a mil QO in the hope that he can flash the skill that shows why he was a 2nd overall pick.
It's been 4 years now... lol...

People keep saying KK is a bust, Patrick is the DEFINITION of a bust. Guy is done.

Reactions: mattyboy

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Habs need to add in making this work due the cap, possibly a 2nd + 3rd.

Patrick has little value with the migraines, QO might be higher than his worth. Still substantially cheaper. Drouin is currently the much better player. LOA indefinitely for personal issues, maybe mental or drinking has a negative value.

Flyers shouldn’t be risking $5.5M per in cap for a player that cannot handle pressure and unknown return without a trade sweetener.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
It's been 4 years now... lol...

People keep saying KK is a bust, Patrick is the DEFINITION of a bust. Guy is done.
Cool story bro. We still don't have 5.5 million in cap space, we also have nothing to lose in hoping Patrick becomes at least a third line defensively responsible centre.

You're effort in this thread exceeds anyone else bro, step back from the keyboard.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Cool story bro. We still don't have 5.5 million in cap space, we also have nothing to lose in hoping Patrick becomes at least a third line defensively responsible centre.

You're effort in this thread exceeds anyone else bro, step back from the keyboard.
It's good to have hopes heh?

That's the only thing left in Patrick's case. The guy is done, has shown no progression, and is 1 concussion away from never playing again.

Drouin, even with his flaws, has a ton more value, and I'm int he group thay think thay we should jistexpose him to seattle, that goes to show what NP is...

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
It's good to have hopes heh?

That's the only thing left in Patrick's case. The guy is done, has shown no progression, and is 1 concussion away from never playing again.

Drouin, even with his flaws, has a ton more value, and I'm int he group thay think thay we should jistexpose him to seattle, that goes to show what NP is...

That isn't how migraines work.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Drouin >>> Patrick

talent wise sure, but, i'd rather have Patrick ...at least he only misses games due to injury.
he may never be a top end player, but, can fill a bottom 6 role. Drouin is ruined, which is a shame, because he had exciting skills (and I remember plenty of people/reporters/scouts had him 1st overall ahead of MacKinnon).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Nolan Patrick is complete ass atleast Drouin will give you 50/60points every year
Every year....except this year.

And last year.

And 4 years ago.

So 3 out of the last 4 years he has not paced for 50 pts....let alone up to 60.

Reality is the Habs are playing the most important game of their season tonight, and Droiun is not available due to personal reasons. We have no idea what those reasons are and how it impacts his future.

Patrick at less than 1 million is more valuable than Drouin at 5+ even though when comparing just on ice, Drouin is better given Patrick's awful season. The Flyers can use the 4.5 million in cap space between the 2 to help the team more than Drouin would....and just keep Patrick to see if his 1st offseason to train in years makes a big difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad