Champions League Game Day 2.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I really don't understand how Can continues to be a starter for this team. He's godawful. I understand Lovren, despite his mistakes, because even though he's inconsistent it's not like the team has a lot of options. There are a ton of players that could play in Can's place that are better on this team. Selling Allen for example to give Can more minutes was an absolute shocker.

Yeah it was a real shocker. Like when Can scored goals against Burnley and Watford to get us six points we didn't deserve. Then we're in the Champions League. Meanwhile Joe Allen has never looked like he's above Stoke's level when playing for them.

Juventus wants Can as well, so you're just wrong on this one obviously. I mean who are we to trust. Klopp and Allegri or you.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So should we be using that argument for Lovren too? Who do we trust him or you and the rest of the Liverpool fanbase? Obviously you guys are just wrong.

The difference between Can and Allen is that the rest of the team has to carry Can, especially in Klopp's set up. Meanwhile Allen is a great complementary player who won't stand out in spectacular ways but would provide much more to this team than Can does on a consistent basis. When he was getting regular minutes for us when Klopp first came in he was our best midfielder and on a higher level than Can has ever been at Liverpool (and went on to be in the team of the tournament at the Euros, which Can will never do).

EDIT: ...and on top of it all, despite Allen being better at pretty much everything than Can minus aerial ability, he also outproduced Can last season and will probably outproduce him this season......playing for Stoke.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So should we be using that argument for Lovren too? Who do we trust him or you and the rest of the Liverpool fanbase?

What other club wants Lovren? If you're gonna pull that argument you need more than one professional manager in your corner.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
The Bosz lineup is atrocious. Bartra, Weigl, Dahoud, Pulisic all on the bench. Woof, thats bad. I think I'll take a draw. Win no longer seems realistic.

Real never won in Dortmund in a competition. Lets see in my opinion all is possible.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Real never won in Dortmund in a competition. Lets see in my opinion all is possible.

I think we can get a draw, maybe 2-2 or 3-3, I think it'll be a high scoring game with our high line and that lack of mobility in our lineup. I'll definitely take a draw though, get one draw against Madrid, hope they beat Spurs both games, beat Spurs at home.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
The Bosz lineup is atrocious. Bartra, Weigl, Dahoud, Pulisic all on the bench. Woof, thats bad. I think I'll take a draw. Win no longer seems realistic.

He didn't want to put players who are just returning from injury up against Madrid. And Pulisic is not a clear starter at all. Dahoud's time will come.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Have to agree with PB. Bosz should capitalize on home advantage, the large difference in form between Dortmund and Madrid, and also Dortmund's former record against Madrid.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
EDIT: ...and on top of it all, despite Allen being better at pretty much everything than Can minus aerial ability, he also outproduced Can last season and will probably outproduce him this season......playing for Stoke.

As for this part, yeah, we need aerial ability. So Can is a lot better at the thing we need the most.

As for the rest of the nonsense. The only way he outproduced Can was scoring goals. By one goal. You probably saw that with the stats tool you like to use.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
RBL might as well be a real life version of a Football Manager career.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
As for this part, yeah, we need aerial ability. So Can is a lot better at the thing we need the most.

As for the rest of the nonsense. The only way he outproduced Can was scoring goals. By one goal. You probably saw that with the stats tool you like to use.

We don't really need his aerial ability since he rarely uses it effectively. He wins headers in a lot of positions where our pressing would generally recover the ball but is pretty clueless on set pieces.

He's the biggest passenger on the team and it's not a big surprise our team almost always looks better and more fluid when he is not playing. I can't wait until he goes on a free and this team steps up a notch.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's the biggest passenger on the team and it's not a big surprise our team almost always looks better and more fluid when he is not playing. I can't wait until he goes on a free and this team steps up a notch.

He played in the Hoffenheim and Arsenal wins. The game he didn't play in was against Crystal Palace, which was anything but a fluid performance. When he came off in the Sevilla game, all Liverpool's attacks died. So now you're just making stuff up, which doesn't really surprise me that much, but you're making stuff up.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He played in the Hoffenheim and Arsenal wins. The game he didn't play in was against Crystal Palace, which was anything but a fluid performance. When he came off in the Sevilla game, all Liverpool's attacks died. So now you're just making stuff up, which doesn't really surprise me that much, but you're making stuff up.

...Liverpool dominated Palace, Can was terrible against Sevilla and had no impact on our game at all when he left (Coutinho replacing him) and he's been playing for Liverpool longer than just this season where he continues to be a passenger, aside from the occasional spectacular goal of course. If anything you're making things up, but that's not overly surprising either. In fact I'm sure Can's inability to be effective in Liverpool's midfield is probably Lovren's fault.

I don't have to 'make stuff up'. There's been plenty of analysis of the footage of our breakdowns in midfield, and his lack of contributions and how his lack of footballing IQ is a constant issue for this team, but hey he's big and he fouls a lot plus he did score that overhead one time. He's awesome.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
...Liverpool dominated Palace, Can was terrible against Sevilla and had no impact on our game at all when he left (Coutinho replacing him) and he's been playing for Liverpool longer than just this season where he continues to be a passenger, aside from the occasional spectacular goal of course. If anything you're making things up, but that's not overly surprising either. In fact I'm sure Can's inability to be effective in Liverpool's midfield is probably Lovren's fault.

I don't have to 'make stuff up'. There's been plenty of analysis of the footage of our breakdowns in midfield, and his lack of contributions and how his lack of footballing IQ is a constant issue for this team, but hey he's big and he fouls a lot plus he did score that overhead one time. He's awesome.

You should stop watching the YouTube highlight versions of our games. That's really the only way to address some of this stuff. Can played pretty well against Sevilla and had a goal blocked by Firmino. If you watched the game you would remember that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You should stop watching the YouTube highlight versions of our games. That's really the only way to address some of this stuff. Can played pretty well against Sevilla and had a goal blocked by Firmino. If you watched the game you would remember that.

He didn't play well at all, which is why he went off, and he was responsible entirely for the breakdown leading to Sevilla's 2nd goal. If you actually paid attention to anything but shots you would know that. Watch the entire game, pay attention to more than flash and on the ball actions. It's enlightening when you can understand a whole play rather than just tidbits of action resulting from an entire system of play (or lack of ability to work within it).

Anyway, hope he isn't responsible for any more issues today. It's an easy game for him to play in.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No, he went off because Coutinho needed to play and be brought back into the squad.

Anyway, I'm done with this because the stuff you're saying is not enlightening in the least, it's really dumb.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
In order to be a champions league or europa league ref I assume you have to be fluid in several languages? I always wonder what language they talk to these players in?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Great pass for Salah from Hendo, and Coutinho follows up a bit later trying to emulate the Salah back post goal. Hope Henderson can build on his performance against Leicester, it was his best in a while.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Dortmund full backs need to follow these runs to catch long balls by Madrid wide players better

Madrid is beating the offside trap every time. Only a matter of time until they score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad