Champions League Game Day 2.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, that's bothering me, as well. Früchtl is supposed to be a high-end prospect. Ulreich doesn't really do anything well. I'm sure Früchtl has plenty to learn in regards to being commanding in his box and on crosses, but it's hard to imagine him not being an upgrade as a pure shotstopper already.

Früchtl is going to be the next MAtS or Leno who takes over a job as a teeenager and just runs with it.

Better question is does Ulreich. Fruchtl better start getting warmed up.

Obviously not. Ulreich has held Früchtl back for long enough!

Looks like he isn't surviving the afternoon. :laugh:

Not exactly undeserved with the way he's driven Bayern into the ground just a year and a half after getting the reins from Pep.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oberlin's going to be interesting to watch develop. If he & Embolo can both maximize their skills & physical tools the swiss are going to score a lot of goals in a couple of years if Zakaria & Edmilson continue progressing as well...plus Sow, Grgic, Sierro & Haas have the talent to contribute to their NT if they make good strides.

Throw in Elvedi, Hadergjonaj, Akanji, Bamert, Hefti & Mvogo on the back end and the Sommer / Xhaka / Shaqiri / RiRo / Freuler / Widmer / Zuber / Schar generation should soon get a lot of support.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And Mbappe is insane, it has to be said.

True that. I have no concerns about the future of Germany's attack with Brandt, Sane, Werner, Eggestein, Havertz, Abouchabaka, Philipp, Draxler, Volland, Gnabry, Arp, Barkok, etc.

But none of them quite match Mbappe or Dembele. If Ismael Sarr ends up being closer to their level than Martial/Coman's I'll start to get pissed lol

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
True that. I have no concerns about the future of Germany's attack with Brandt, Sane, Werner, Eggestein, Havertz, Abouchabaka, Philipp, Draxler, Volland, Gnabry, Arp, Barkok, etc.

But none of them quite match Mbappe or Dembele. If Ismael Sarr ends up being closer to their level than Martial/Coman's I'll start to get pissed lol

That's Germany's trademark since forever. They don't necessarily develop top 5 talents but a bunch of very very good players.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Oberlin's going to be interesting to watch develop. If he & Embolo can both maximize their skills & physical tools the swiss are going to score a lot of goals in a couple of years if Zakaria & Edmilson continue progressing as well...plus Sow, Grgic, Sierro & Haas have the talent to contribute to their NT if they make good strides.

Throw in Elvedi, Hadergjonaj, Akanji, Bamert, Hefti & Mvogo on the back end and the Sommer / Xhaka / Shaqiri / RiRo / Freuler / Widmer / Zuber / Schar generation should soon get a lot of support.

Don’t be lumping my boy Tony Martial in with Coman. No no no.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Martial's whoscored rating vs CSKA:

tumblr_nywnfqsq941uxtjooo1_500.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
:dunno: And Coman was incredible his first season with Bayern and bossed the game against Juve. Still doesn't put either of them on the level of Mbappe or Dembele.

That's Germany's trademark since forever. They don't necessarily develop top 5 talents but a bunch of very very good players.

While there is truth to this for our success since the 80s, Gerd & Rummenigge were both top 15-20 players of all time. So from 1970 to 1986 (when we won 3 of our 7 major titles) our NT had a top 5 talent leading the line. Plus Fritz Walter was one of the top players of his day when we won our first WC.

So I'm going to continue hoping that Eggestein can overcome his injuries to become that german Bergkamp that he looks like against his peers...even if I think we should be favorites in Russia if Jogi doesn't f*** it up, despite not having a BdO candidate.

Last edited:

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
What a win for celtic in Belgium. Celtic is in the real drivers seat for 3rd now as I can't see anderlecht beating PSG or bayern. Anderlecht will have to come to celtic park and win in match day 5 now. Best group celtic has been in a while in terms of glamour ties and a real chance to play in europe after christmas. Also no barca in group....And who knows, bayern are under some pressure now :)

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Forgot to laugh at the Anderlecht number 3. The utter state of that backheel. I don't even know what he can think he's trying to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad