2:45pm Anderlecht vs Celtic
2:45pm PSG vs Bayern München
2:45pm Sporting CP vs Barcelona

Thanks a million.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Huge matches for BVB & Bayern. RB will face a tough test that they have the firepower to overcome if they are careful...though I'm expecting them to be held to a draw in Istanbul.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
This could easily end up a disaster for Spurs.

No Rose, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Alli and Lamela.

The starting line-up should still be half-decent, but the bench will be a disaster.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
United are missing Pogba and Fellani, with Matic a question mark following a knock this weekend.

Could end up with Carrick/Herrera in MF. If that's the case, I would not be surprised to see Jose go 3 in the back. Away at Russia with 3 in the back - gonna be some riveting stuff. :laugh:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
There have been bigger surprises. APOEL won their EL group last season and beat Bilbao 2-0 at home in the knockout phase (went through as well).

Not saying they are very good, but APOEL have surprised before. I couldn´t say if this is another good team or not though (not like I follow the Cypriot league that closely - or at all).

And take 5-6 key players from any team and you will get some hick ups.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
would be great if Spurs could get the W...but with the midfield all out basically, hoping for a result there...

Madrid could help Spurs put a cushion b/t them and BVB

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Will Bosz play WDG in midfield? Thats my main question. If he doesn't, we lose. Think its that simple. We won't be able to possess the ball enough and create enough chances, if they don't because I think the back line will leak a goal or two.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Will Bosz play WDG in midfield? Thats my main question. If he doesn't, we lose. Think its that simple. We won't be able to possess the ball enough and create enough chances, if they don't because I think the back line will leak a goal or two.

Dahoud is the most important, Gotze is the better choice over Kagawa, but the drop there isn't as significant as the drop from Mo to Castro. Weigl to Sahin is a bigger drop than Gotze to Shinji, but also not as big a drop as if Castro starts.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dahoud is the most important, Gotze is the better choice over Kagawa, but the drop there isn't as significant as the drop from Mo to Castro. Weigl to Sahin is a bigger drop than Gotze to Shinji, but also not as big a drop as if Castro starts.

I think Goetze is the best player of that bunch, Weigl second, Dahoud third. Dahoud is still so young and unproven, he's really good, just hasn't proven what the other two have.

You are probably correct about the drop offs, but thats because Kagawa is actually good, and isn't much of a drop off having him in the team.

Castro is a tremendous drop off. Recent Sahin has not been as much of a drop off, but at times he can be the same level of drop off that Castro is.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Goetze is the best player of that bunch, Weigl second, Dahoud third. Dahoud is still so young and unproven, he's really good, just hasn't proven what the other two have.

You are probably correct about the drop offs, but thats because Kagawa is actually good, and isn't much of a drop off having him in the team.

Castro is a tremendous drop off. Recent Sahin has not been as much of a drop off, but at times he can be the same level of drop off that Castro is.

Dahoud is no less proven than Weigl. He's star'd for one of the league's top 4 teams and has shined against Barca, Citeh & Juve in the CL. He may not be as integrated at BVB, but he's as proven.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Would like to see this today:

TAA - Matip - Klavan - Robertson
Henderson
Milner - Coutinho
Chambo - Sturridge - Mane​

Have to say that Sturridge has looked really bright of late. I had pretty much given up on him after all his injuries; his heart didn't look in it, he was lazy and slow, but he looks like he's really putting in the effort to get back to his top form and if he can sustain that and start scoring......we'll see, but it's an exciting prospect.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
This could easily end up a disaster for Spurs.

No Rose, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Alli and Lamela.

The starting line-up should still be half-decent, but the bench will be a disaster.
I'm nervy
they don't *need* 3 points today, but it would be huge

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Would like to see this today:

TAA - Matip - Klavan - Robertson
Henderson
Milner - Coutinho
Chambo - Sturridge - Mane​

Have to say that Sturridge has looked really bright of late. I had pretty much given up on him after all his injuries; his heart didn't look in it, he was lazy and slow, but he looks like he's really putting in the effort to get back to his top form and if he can sustain that and start scoring......we'll see, but it's an exciting prospect.

Is Salah injured?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No I was just omitting Firmino and Salah because they've played a ton already this season.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I'm nervy
they don't *need* 3 points today, but it would be huge

They kind of do, no? Dont' think you can take 4 pts from APOEL, cause I doubt Dortmund or Madrid drop points to them.

If they take 4 points from APOEL + the 3 they have, they're at 7. That means they have to win at least once again Madrid cause Dortmund is gonna hammer them away.

Unless my math is off, which is quite possible.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I really don't understand how Can continues to be a starter for this team. He's godawful. I understand Lovren, despite his mistakes, because even though he's inconsistent it's not like the team has a lot of options. There are a ton of players that could play in Can's place that are better on this team. Selling Allen for example to give Can more minutes was an absolute shocker.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Bosz lineup is atrocious. Bartra, Weigl, Dahoud, Pulisic all on the bench. Woof, thats bad. I think I'll take a draw. Win no longer seems realistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->