Confirmed Trade: [CGY/CAR] Noah Hanifin and Elias Lindholm for Dougie Hamilton, Michael Ferland, and Adam Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Yeah the early returns seem to be looking massively better than I had feared.

Though I would love to have been able to see a Gio-Dougie pairing without idiot GG running the bench. As good as Brodie has been I still think Hamilton complimented Gio as good as or better.
Hamilton did not pass the eye test at all. Even on Carolina he hasn't looked good. I have watched almost every Flames game since 2015 and i have to say Hanifin has looked MUCH more stable than Hamilton. Hamilton put up points but was meh everywhere else. I loved the trade from the start and i love it now.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Sometimes I still wonder what would happen if Dougie was converted to a RW...

Reactions: Mobiandi

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Sometimes I still wonder what would happen if Dougie was converted to a RW...

I think he could do it. He can skate, loves to shoot and does well enough along the boards in the offensive zone.

Of course, you lose a lot of value going from a Top 2 defenseman (on most nights) to a Middle 6 forward. That's why Byfuglien and Burns never stuck there. Frighteningly, the Canes might actually be better off with the latter at the moment.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think he could do it. He can skate, loves to shoot and does well enough along the boards in the offensive zone.

Of course, you lose a lot of value going from a Top 2 defenseman (on most nights) to a Middle 6 forward. That's why Byfuglien and Burns never stuck there. Frighteningly, the Canes might actually be better off with the latter at the moment.

When our RW troubles were bad, it just seemed like the better way to solve the problem than move Dougie for a RW. Plus, IMO it seemed like the skills that Dougie would have to hone as a forward would actually help to round out his game and improve his overall skill set as a dman. I could imagine him at least developing his physicality further, and if his shot improved while playing forward, his shot from the point would be even more lethal if he was moved back to D. IMO Defense Hamilton is more a forward than a dman. I mean, he is kinda lazy back checking at times, why not just tell him to stay up? That's what I was thinking when he was still with the Flames.

The Canes need to sign bigger brother Freddie if they want little brother Dougie to play better

Yeah... this isn't really a joke. It's legit. Dougie does do better with Freddie around, but the argument is often whether should Freddie be allowed to take a job from someone else more deserving.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
What a blessed career for Dougie Hamilton, eh? From Chara to Giordano to Slavin. All of them pumping up his reputation.

Reactions: Channelcat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad